Edition: Mass|Change

on 14 August 2010
Wanted to upgrade from a basic mousepad to improve mouse response and feel, which is useful for basic mousing but essential when gaming. My choices were the Razer and Steelseries products as they are considered high quality. I picked this one as it's fairly large without being huge and quite thick at 6mm.
The surface is a fine cloth bonded to a rubber base and it clings well to my desk. Mousing across the surface is noticeably smoother and lighter than with cheaper mousepads, making for more accuracy and allowing me to use a higher DPI without penalty. Very useful when playing FPS. I only have one criticism and that is the pad took some time to flatten out completely as it's rolled up in the packaging. -1 for this. Thinner pads ought not to have this issue, but as I say, it flattened out after a couple weeks.
Would I choose it again knowing this? Yes, I would, as it's a great surface and after three months it feels better than when it was new.
on 1 April 2013
Well, when I move my mouse across this mouse mat, the mouse moves in such a way that is effective for moving a mouse. Nice.
on 2 April 2014
But My K/D Still Sucks Balls. A Modern Haiku.

Goddam I love this
So very comfortable
When I play vidya
on 8 June 2013
Moving my g400 feels like flicking my wrist in air, this mat is heavenly, I've yet to find a mat that could allow such smooth movement. I love this mat and I am yet to find a downside.
on 19 August 2010
This is a solid, non-nonsense, thick pad. Heavier than ordinary pads, which is a big plus. The combination of cloth surface and rubber base is exactly what I prefer.

Very glad that I bought this 6mm one instead of a 2mm thin one. This thick pad is much solid than I expected: even with my right hand totally rested on the pad, the deformation of the surface was neglectable.

Flattened to working condition overnight. Here is what I did: got the pad out, and rolled it back into the package - the other way around. Left it there for 1 hour. Then, laid it flat on my desk overnight. Right now, it's totally in working condition, even though a slight curve is visible when the pad is lifted in air. No big deal, the pad is heavy enough to lay itself flat against my desk.
on 29 October 2011
Overall this is a good mousemat, It's has the optimum thickness, it has a fairly soft surface and a large surface area to work with. But the steelseries logo is quite big relative to the size of the mousemat.
on 19 April 2013
Read lots of reviews about SteelSeries mouse surfaces and thought I'd give this one a go. This is a nice thick foam rubber type of mat with a very slick fabric top. The rubber underside prevents it from slipping around on your desk. It is quite similar to the old ALLSOP mouse mat that I use to have, and also loved. But this one is much bigger, giving you more room to manouvre. Very nice indeed. Highly recommended.
on 23 January 2013
Love the Steel Series QcK Mass - just the right size (most mouse pads are really too small and flimsy - IMHO), it works great on uneven surfaces, the mouse zips across it swiftly as you want + I figure it'd be awesome for anybody suffering with any kind of carpal tunnel problems. The reason for this is that one's wrist is cushioned due to the thickness of the pad...
In short, it's a five - star product.
on 31 May 2012
I always thought mouse mats were all the same. And the expensive ones were just a waste of money. Then i got this mat. Must say it is the best one i have even had. 6mm thick make it very nice on the wrist. And it sticks to my desk like glue. Haven't moved it since i put it on the desk. No sliding at all. Get one now. You wont regreat it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2015
Undoubtedly huge, but nice and thick, so works well as a wrist wrest as well as an affordable, accurate mouse mat for surfaces that my mouse won't work on, like glass tables.

I use it for accuracy and comfort for long periods of Photoshop use. Probably could have done with a slightly smaller one.

See one answered question