on 7 January 2010
The strum bar of my GHWT (wii) guitar broke and saw that this guitar can also be used for the PS3 (which I'm getting in 2 weeks). I placed the order on Saturday and I received the package the following Tuesday, props to amazon uk for the fast delivery ( I live in Holland).
Putting it together was simple. A couple of instruction manuals were in the package, one quick guide, one for the wii and one for the ps3, and one for both consoles.
To make it work for Rock Band you have to push the lever on the receiver to the right. This was unfortunately not on the quick installation guide, but shown in the wii manual.
The strum bar and the fret buttons feel sturdier than the GHWT guitar I had. Although the power up button is not easily accessible while playing. You can of course raise the guitar for the power up but an easy to reach button would've been nicer.
The guitar works with Rock band 2 and Rock band Beatles for Wii, although I haven't tried it yet with the drumkit and the microphone.
on 6 January 2011
I bought this for my son to use on the Nintendo Wii along with a copy of Guitar Hero 5, which we picked up cheap from another store.

We've all had lots of fun playing this game and will be adding other games to the list in the not too distant future.

The guitar is very well built, the support strap was a little hard to attach, but eventually went on with a little bit of force.

Instantly registered on the Wii and was ready to play within minutes of getting it out of the box. Unlike other guitars I have seen, this has it's own built in controler and does not require you to insert the Wii remote to use. It uses a USB receiver which can be used with both the Wii and PS3 so you can take it around to a friends to use on their Wii or PS3.

All the controls are responsive and work very well, even for smaller hands.

It also works with the Rock Band series of games. I believe the guitars you buy with the games will only work with that series of games (please correct me if I am wrong), so if you buy Rock Band with guitar it will not work on Guitar Hero and visa versa.
22 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2009
on 18 September 2011
PREVIOUS REVIEWER:

"By J. Crawford "Jon" (UK (South)) - See all my reviews

Got this item today after searching the internet for a reasonably priced wii guitar. I found that this one had a controller built in which meant i didn't have to fit my wii mote. Unpacked it and slotted it together, pretty impressed with the quality and finish. Rushed to play the game but had trouble connecting the device to my wii, read the instructions properly and it worked straight away. really easy to set up and very pleased. highly recommended. "

MY OPINION IS EXACTLY THE SAME
Works perfectly with the only guitar compatible Wii game we have = The Beatles Rock Band
Was a little tricky to set up, as in took a few tries at different button combinations to get it to communicate with the game, but took no more than 5 minutes, and now works as controller 2
My sons (11 and 7) take turns singing with the mic, or using the guitar to play lead or bass
I've had a few goes too, and tho I've never tried any other video game guitars so can't compare it to them, was easy enough for me to use, and very realistic in size and shape
on 8 November 2013
It tends to piss itself and stop working if I so much as move it a centimeter to the side, which can be aggravating when it happens mid-song - but otherwise it works very well. I give it three stars.
on 20 October 2013
My Grand-daughter had asked for this guitar for her birthday and it exceeded all expectations...it was a great success and she plays with it every day..
on 31 August 2011
We bought this as an addition to the Rock and Lego game for the Wii. My two sons are crazy about music and playing the guitar.
This is a very sturdy piece and very easy to sync with the Wii....no problem at all after following the instructions provided, which are not at all complicated.
Still going strong even after my 3 year old has dropped it a couple of times and whacked it off walls while soloing! (Although I wouldn't recommend trying this intentionally!)
Great fun in combination with the game!
on 7 December 2013
ok so my guitar arrived yesterday, unpacked it and was buzzing to try it out, turned it on, all good, tried to sync and it just wasn't having any of it, after trying again and failing, the guitar now doesn't even light up when turning on, any help would be much appreciated as is rather frustrating, its definitely not a battery problem, and to clear a few things up first, I was trying it on GH Warriors of rock, and the receiver is set to the right position, just wont turn on now, HELP!!
on 27 August 2013
Very good guitar, bought this for my son and he thinks its great, works well with Band Hero wii game which is what it was bought for
on 6 April 2012
Having read several reviews on this product I decided to take the plunge. So glad I did. For me the build quality is great for the price. I have had no problems playing Guitar Hero, Rockband and several other titles with this guitar. There are also features on this guitar that you will not find on the more expensive GH issued instruments. I have to recommend this product. Happy strumming.