on 6 May 2009
Shameless, a BAFTA award winning comedy, set in Manchester's fictional Chatsworth Estate follows the lives of a varied set of characters. Who knows, you might even find yourself relating to one or two of them no matter how obscene some of thier actions and language can be. As the script writing and plot becomes more sophisticated and clever so does the editing and production. It's a must see for anyone who has hit reality and needs to see some proper contemporary British Televison. Each episode focuses on various problems families and society really do encounter, no matter how ugly! Each series will leave you wanting more, especially when you reach the end of series six!
on 11 May 2009
finally something funny comes along that shows the dark and light side of lower end families , the humour is easy to understand and could easily be transferred into Aussie humour

its time to get rid of tripe like neighbours , home and away , coronation St and eastenders

this show is , in my book , a genius , and whilst i cant say i come from a working class family , its easy to empathise with these people and fall in love with them , warts and all.
on 2 June 2009
In my opinion this is one of the funniest shows I have watched for years. I cannot think of another comedy that is so deft at making such social comments at the same time. The writing transforms to the screen at a crackling pace.
It is about time that comedy ' came out of the cold ' and gave us a gutsy performance. This it does !
on 21 June 2009
If like me you missed episodes and whole series of this great Channel 4 tv series, here's the antidote. The boxed set of series 1 - 6 allows you to relive, recall and recover lost ground. Top marks for bringing the full hillarious grotesque horror of the Chatsworth Estate in one boxed set. Lots of laughs and lots of groans of disgust and shock with the occasional flash of humanity to allow you to keep faith in mankind. Make poverty history...not if it means the end of the Gallaghers and the McGuires.
on 27 December 2009
We have nothing on this barren side of the pond that approaches the drop-dead humor of this series. While some may find it a bit rude there are plenty of folks out there who are humor-challenged and never laugh at anything. If your funny bone is intact you'll just love both the bawdy fun and great acting this set provides. We've unlocked our DVD player to play region 2 offerings, well worth the simple doings. Bully!!!
on 28 March 2014
love this show got it for a great price shame zoverstocks did not use better packaging to get it to me in australia dvd casing was badly damaged had to tape it back together all 21 discs are in a hard plastic booklike setup about 6 of these were broken. it came in a padded bag should have been a box to protect it more
on 3 September 2009
Immerse yourself in this award winning show.
The characters are not lovable, but challenging and human. The situations can be confronting and often hilarious. It manages to portray something warm and profound about relationships, family and community amidst the underbelly of UK sink estates and make you laugh out loud at the same time.

The extras on DVD are weak - but really who cares when the scripts are so strong. You really see characters develop and change, see the kids grow up over the 6 series.
on 5 October 2009
This product was ideal and so easy and hassle free to purchase. Had been hunting around for the Shameless box set for some time but found it too expensive else where. The goods were delivered in the time frame that was specified, in perfect condition and at an amazing price. This DVD series always brings a smile to my face and now I can enjoy any episode at any time :-)
on 12 February 2010
I have always really enjoyed Shameless although I was sure I had missed lots of it while living abroad so this was a great way to catch up. Packaged well, it is a great boxset. Think the boxset for series 1-7 is out now, if I had of known that I probably would have waited. That said I am slowly making my way through it and enjoying every minute of it.
on 7 November 2009
I got into this late, the fourth series on TV if I remember correctly, watched all the episodes, and found this to be a great show.
I now consider it one of my favourite shows on TV at the moment.

Every episode had me in fits of laughter, it was great seeing the characters grow up throughout the series, and ultimately move on to new things.