Published on 13 July 2009 by Dr Evil

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series
I do not understand why series 3 could not be included in this deal . It should be all together
Published 6 months ago by David Kruup

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best and funniest British comedies I've seen for years!, 13 July 2009
Dr Evil (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I hadn't seen any of THE INBETWEENERS when it was showing on E4 but after strong recommendations from my friends I decided to give this a go. I sat down to watch it yesterday morning and 6 hours later I had finished them all - it is that addictive. It tells the story of Will, a 12th year student who moves to a state school after being bullied at his previous school. There he eventually makes some new friends who are not popular enough to be the cool kids but not nerdy enough to be the geeks, so they are the inbetweeners. The show deals with getting girls, school, parents, alcohol, bullying and everything else that makes up the everyday life of a teenage boy basically.

If you imagine Grange Hill but with mouths that you wouldn't believe kiss their mothers then this is what you'll get. It is rude, hilarious, in some ways realistic and most importantly - very watchable. The characters are all fantastic, each one of them I'm sure you can relate to either yourself or someone you knew back at school. The script is very witty and fast-moving with some extremely memorable one-liners.

I've only watched these the once but I am already a fan. There's no doubt in my mind that I'll be watching these all again very soon and I look forward to seeing series 3 when it's on now. Highly recommended! Tell your "fwends"!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Sitcom for Young People, 10 Feb 2010
D. M. Watkin "Wannabe Film Boff" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD] (DVD)
As stated by Nuts magazine.. "The Inbetweeners is the best sitcom since Peep Show". The inbetweeners is simply brilliant. Joe Thomas, Simon Bird, Blake Harrison and James Buckley make a stunning team with brilliant on screen chemistry under the guidance of experienced writers damon Beesley and Iain Morris.
Although deffinitely aimed at the younger generations, older people may enjoy moments too. For example my father was laughing, yet my mother hated it. Partly due to the language which is the main reason that it is rated 18. The quadlet's brilliantly funny adventures and failures make for a great laugh all the way through some episodes. Series 2 also features a guest appearance from Jayne Wisener although not necessarily the most convincing while comedian Greg davies takes the role of head of 6th form superbly. As a whole, the acting is sensational. Even the characters with smaller parts. Some of the extras aren't anything special, with a lot of them breaking rule number one: don't look directly at the camera, but maybe they heard 'sitcom' and instantly thought 'Ricky Gervais' in which case they can be excused.
Put simply, if you enjoy laughing at other people's expense and some whacky but still believable situations then this is for you. If you hate the use of bad language for the sake of it, then stay away. I really would reccommend this to anyone between the ages of 15 and 50.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fwend!, 10 Jun 2009
Boof (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD set is both hillarious, nostalgic and painful all at the same time. I had never heard of The Inbetweeners until someone lent my husband the first series and several hours later, there we sat crying with laughter and logging online to order the boxset.

OK, so it's 20 years since I was at school but those boys are just the same as the ones I went to school with; nothing changes. The geeky interlectual one, the gorgeous but doesn't know it one, the sex-mad lad and the dim one. This lot were all in my class! And it actually made me want to be back there!

I laughed, I cringed and I watched it all again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 18 July 2010
Mr. D. L. Selwood (UK, DEVON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD] (DVD)
The inbetweeners is literally the funniest thing ive ever seen. its genius without a doubt

5.0 out of 5 stars This aint Grange Hill, 11 April 2010
This review is from: The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I'd heard so many great things about this show but was still hesitant to buy it but after my sister showing me series one I just had to get both series. This show is undoubtedly one of the best comedy's out there with characters so believable it's scary. Series three is currently in production and also the writers have an idea for a possible Inbetweeners movie and two members of the cast have there own idea which apparently is "Annoyingly funnier than the writers'".

The story follows a child called Will who ends up having to leave his cosy Private school and enter Comprehensive School Sixth Form. At first all students hate him by calling him many names which are also believable, that is everyone except the freaks which are the other new students which includes recurring characters Big John who is bullied because of his weight, and Susie a 12 year old geek who has a funny appearance in series 1, episode 4. However Will's pursuit takes him to three students: a hopless romantic called Simon who continuously whines about how much he fancies Carli D'amato (another recurring character), a borderline sex pest called Jay with some very outrageous stories and Neil whom sometimes is so dumb it's more like having a pet than a friend.

Series One, 5 Stars:
This is a very funny start with some continous gags for example students calling Will's mother fit and Will, Jay and Simon's tormenting Neil of his father being gay and Neil denying it by saying "Hey my dad's not bent!" This series brings some huge laughs that will have your entire face hurting. The episodes are:
1. First Day - Follows Will's first day at the comprehensive school which ends with hilarious results.
2. Bunk Off - The boys decide to bunk off from school, this episode is my personal favourite and trust me you'll love it too.
3. Thorpe Park - Simon gets a car, a very bad car and Will, Jay and Simon drive off to Thorpe Park to meet up with Neil who works there and go on the Nemesis Inferno, again another hilarious episode.
4. Will's Girlfriend - Will gets a girlfriend who later on in series 1 and series 2 becomes a recurring character. Meanwhile Simon and Neil are annoying Jay about his new "friend". Oh fwend, made - up football fwend.
5. Caravan Club - Another brilliant episode, the boys go to caravan club where Simon believes he's finally going to have sex.
6. Xmas Party - Will organises a prom. And I feel in this series for a few seconds we really see the true side to Jay.

Series Two, 5 Stars:
Series two is a brilliant follow up series and proves more laughs. Trust me comedy ensues in this set of episodes.
1. The Field Trip - A fantastic episode. The boys go on a feild trip to Swanage where Neil and Jay attempt to find the legendary Swanage MILF who apparantly has sex with a pupil every year. Meanwhile Will and Simon fight over who gets to go out with new student Lauren. The episode results in the boys ending up on a boat where Neil punches a fish to death. The running gag through this is the geography teacherMr. Kennedy being an alleged peadophile and him having his eyes on innocent Neil.
2. Work Experience - A true situation comedy episode. It's Valentine's day and Will is in pursuit of ex girlfriend Charlotte. Meanwhile the boys have to endure work experience and Neil and Will's jobs have been mixed up. Oh dear.
3. Will's Birthday - It's Will's birthday. And the guys are invited to his for a huge meal howver ther's one extra, Simon's French exchange Patrice whom happens to be quite insane, with the episode resulting in the guys ending up at someone elses party.
4. Night Out In London - The boys set off to London to club with Carli and her friend Rachel but by the time the boys get to london everything goes pear - shaped. Simon walks in urine soaked shoes, Neil cuts his you know and Will and Jay end up relatively problem free or do they?
5. Duke Of Edinburgh Awards - The boys participate in the Duke Of Edinburgh Awards by working at an old folks retirement home where Will loses some hair, Jay is caught enjoying himself, Neil getting along with certain old people and Simon well he's just in the middle of it.
6. Exam Time - This is a truly brilliant ending to a series. We see the true side of Jay, we see Will go insane, Simon still in pursuit of Carli and Neil preparing for his PE exam by playing Pro Evolution Soccer on his games console. Hilarity ensues.

For people who are eagerly awaiting series three I suggest watching shows like Peep Show and Skins which are also brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cringeworthy but brilliant, 12 July 2009
J. Cronin "dudara" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD] (DVD)
If you're a fan of Peep Show, then I think you cannot afford to miss the inbetweeners. Delivered in half-hour episides, it's packed full of puerile humour, cringeworthy scenes and is genuinely hilarious.

Will, the nerdy geeky one, is sent to a local comprehensive following his parent's divorce and subsequent removal from private school. While there, he befriends lovesick Simon, sex pest Jay and happy golucky but dim Neil. They form a group that is not quite cool, not quite uncool - a precarious position in the social strata of secondary education.

These two short series revolve about the main driving desire of the lads - sex. Unsurprisigly, their quests to appear cool, meet girls and get off lead to many embarassing, laugh out loud situations. There are many times when you will find yourself shouting at the telly "Don't do it lads, don't do it!" - but they go and do it. Excellent viewing.

The boxset of two seasons is probably the best way to see the show, as there are only a handful of episodes in each season and you will watch one episode after another - it's that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest TV show ever!, 21 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD] (DVD)
This is the funniest TV show I've ver seen; I've watched each episode about 5 times and I can't stop laughing.
The DVD is PAL and region two, but plays correctly on my North American Sony DVD player and in my computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doubled over, eye-wateringly funny., 17 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Yes, this show is outrageously hilarious. Teenage school-boy antics taken to the max and then some...Too crude for mum though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest new comedy, 18 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Having moved to the U.S a few years ago I rely on Amazon UK for all our British TV. The Inbetweeners series 1 was shown on BBC America but was badly cut with all the bad language beeped out. The DVD box set fixed that and I have to say this show is laugh out loud funny, reminded me of my youth.
Have to say I do not agree with an earlier reviewer (D Strachan) on Amazon providing bad DVDs and being difficult to deal with. Out of the dozens I have bought from them I only had one damaged in the mail and it was promptly replaced by Amazon without me having to send the damaged one back and on one occasion when three I had ordered vanished somewhere between USA and UK Amazon again swiftly sent replacements. 10 out of 10 for good service and customer care.

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 hours of spunk gags - sorted !, 12 Jan 2010
Mr. I. Stephen "dj_dadrock" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD] (DVD)
It's strangely reassuring for a bloke like me who was their age 30 years ago that, despite the internet, despite mobile phones - human nature being what it is, the sort of highs and trials a 16 year old lad goes through don't really change a bit.
This works so brilliantly because the writers have made a conscious decision to sidestep all the crap that people commissioning television comedy feel they have to include. So there are no 'issues to address', no 'touchy feely' diversity and none of the dishonest ideas put about by the like of shows like 'Skins' that all teenagers are constantly having sex all the time.
What do you get instead ? The stuff that REALLY happens of course, which is what makes it all the funnier and more likely to appeal to a much broader audience than just a load of blokes who still buy 'Nuts'.
The noughties was the decade of British Comedy rather than music for me, and this just about rounds it off perfectly.
Just wait for Jay not being able to close his laptop in his bedroom because his arm's gone numb ...if that isn't pure comedy gold I don't know what is.

The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD]
The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD] by Simon Bird (DVD - 2009)
29.22