5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable Mac Utility
Toast 10 is primarily a disk burning utility, and a very competent one at that. Although OS X includes a built in disk burning utility, it's basic to say the least. Toast has all the burning functions you would ever need - Data, Audio/MP3 CDs, enhanced Audio (i.e. Audio and Video on the one disk), Video DVDs, Blu-ray disks (you get a free plug-in to allow you to author...
Published on 22 Feb. 2009 by Mr. Scott G. Mcdonald

3.0 out of 5 stars ...no great leap forward...
Well this gave me an excuse to bring my Mac out from storage and have a play around with a product I'd heard good things about. And, well, um, it's OK.

Installation was a breeze, which is always a bonus, but once things were up and running, it became a bit harder. Problem is, although some of the individual products are very good, it seems more like a bundle...
Published on 14 Mar. 2009 by Mr. H

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars If you want to break your computer, try a hammer: it's cheaper, 3 Mar. 2009
MisterHobgoblin (Melbourne) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Roxio Toast 10 Titanium (MAC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Roxio Toast sounded so good. The ability to record tracks from Youtube; the ability to digitize LPs and cassettes; and the ability to transfer MP3s to CDs to play in the car.

Well, the software loaded as per the instruction manual - nice and easily. And there were two discs and two security key codes and fortunately I guessed which one went with which first time (the second number is for the main disc and the first one is for the plug in). The instruction manual then went on to tell me how to burn my first disc. Trouble is, I really wanted to know about capturing live streaming and how to record from other media. The manual was silent on this.

Now, I'm no techie. I'm also not stupid - just inexperienced. Eventually, after well over an hour, I managed to capture a tune from Youtube and put it into iTunes. Hooray. Trouble is, it froze iTunes and the sound doesn't work any more - and the volume control in the top right of the screen has frozen. Calamity. I also found I could no longer hear sound on Youtube. I tried the logging off and logging on - no effect. I tried opening and closing the Toast and CD Spin Doctor programs a few times. That seemed to do the trick. So I tried to record another Youtube clip. Disaster. It froze my iTunes completely and locked the computer - I had to press the button on the back to shut the thing down. Eventually I got the sound back on iTunes. Then later discovered I had lost the sound on Skype. I still have no idea how to get that back, and the nature of my personal circumstances right now (separated from my true love by several oceans) makes that a disaster.

If you want to break your computer, try a hammer. It's cheaper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Roxio Toast 10 Titanium (MAC)
Roxio Toast 10 Titanium (MAC) by Roxio (Mac OS X)
Used & New from: £57.00