5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item
Published 16 months ago by Martin M

1.0 out of 5 stars Cant get it to work
I set mine up but could not get the heart monitor to connect with the band and have asked for and got a replacement. Very impressed with amazon on this. However, the replacement did connect and was showing my heart rate. However, I took it off for a shower and then put it again( kid withe new toy syndrome) and no connection. What I am really frustrated by is that I can...
Published 5 months ago by John

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Beurer PM 62 Heart Rate Monitor - Black (Sports)
Having read previous reviews of this item I decided to go ahead and purchase it. Having never previously owned a heart rate monitor I had no idea what to expect and didn't want something too basic or too technical. I actually opted for this one due to the blinking red and green lights which let you know if you are within your training rates. Other watches which have an audible alarm. I usually wear headphones when I train so this would be useless for me.

I have only used the watch 3 times so far but I am very pleased with it. I never wear a watch as I find them uncomfortable but have found this one to be comfortable and actually forget I am wearing it. The menu system and buttons are not too difficult to grasp and I already know my way around the various options. A note I would add is that in the instruction manual it does say that 'entering' the results menu will display your most recent training details. This is correct. However, on completing my first training session with the watch on I clicked 'save' which ports the details into the memory and they are then no longer accessible from the 'results' menu and have to be accessed via a PC and link cable. Very small thing but was a bit annoying as I was keen to see how I had got on after my first session. The watch seems to measure your heart rate then base your next training session heart rates on your last set of results. I quite like this as it encourages improvement. There is also a 1 mile / 1600m fitness test which measures various things from heart rate, calories burned to fat burned. I have yet to try it but it is a good way to gauge your improving fitness levels.

If you are trying to decide whether to buy this watch or any other what I would recommend is 'google' the product name + manual. This will let you read up on the items capabilities and help you decide. I read the manuals of 4 or 5 watches before deciding on this one.

One thing that I did originally find off putting about this watch was the comments regarding the link cable and software (for connecting to the PC) being difficult to source. After my first training session error I decided to try and order the cable. There was plenty of web sites willing to charge extortionate prices for both. I decided to email Beurer to enquire where in the UK I could purchase it. The cable is available directly from Beurer for less than £10 and the software can be downloaded free of charge from their web site. That is a huge bonus on an aspect which I thought went against this watch.

A previous comment also stated the face of the watch can be scratched easily. I think this is probably true however I intend to use a mobile phone screen protector on it so try and avoid this happening. In terms of the watch face and lighting in bright / dark conditions I don't find it an issue at all. The face is easily read and the light works well in the dark. I think any watch would be difficult to read in certain conditions.

The chest strap works well and I haven't really had any issues with it. I say not really as I find when I am driving to the gym it seems to not record my HR for some reason. Perhaps my sitting position but once I stand up it starts recording right away. Even when I am sitting down in the gym, doing sit ups, etc.

All in, its a very nice watch, records HR accurately and is helping me improve my training without overdoing it. I can't wait to get the link cable and start up loading all my session. I sound a bit keen. Perhaps, but its just because I am delighted with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars It took a little while to work it out but it was worth it in the end, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Beurer PM 62 Heart Rate Monitor - Black (Sports)
Now that I am in my 60s and have a little too much padding I decided to do something about it. Having back problems (getting it off of the sofa was the hardest part) I bought a cross trainer but it became obvious very quickly that the predicted calorie burn and heart rate monitor were wildly in accurate. After researching HRM with the vast array of prices I finally went for the Beurer PM62.
I needed to increase my heart rate but at the same time not kill myself too quickly; I also needed to know how “fit” I was by checking how quickly my heart rate returned to normal. This does it all.
The great thing is that this is also waterproof so I can use it while swimming, but do it when there are not too many people around as the strap across the chest does look a bit daft.
Also the fact that the heart sensor battery can be replaced by the user is a bonus, I haven’t done it yet but I think I should also be able to replace the battery in the watch/HRM when the time comes.
A nice touch is the flashing green and red lights to let you know that you are within the “training” zone, this way you don’t have to read the HRM during the workout just adjust your effort by the flashing lights.
It is also a good watch with nice size display that I don’t need to get my glasses out when I need to know the time.

This is not just for the young fitness freak; this is also a nice gadget for the older person who wants to try to add a few years to their life, assuming that you don’t use up all of your allotted heart beats in the process.

I haven’t used all of the functions yet and it is too soon to comment on reliability but as long as I don’t use up all of my heart beats I will come back and report on this in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Heart Rate Monitor - Cable hard to find, 17 July 2010
K. Griffin "K." (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beurer PM 62 Heart Rate Monitor - Black (Sports)
Bought this monitor a few months back. Very nice design - I often wear it around as a watch although the LCD is a little too scratch prone. Set up is very easy and records all of your vitals (age, gender, height, weight) to perform the calculations right down to fat burn.

The buttons require a firm press so you are unlikely to accidentally stop your recording. The LEDs are very nice for quick glances about whether you are in your HR zone but they are not very bright so if you are in strong sunlight it is faster to use the main LCD read out. Worked well on one hour runs.

The only issue is that the data cable for Beurer is hard to find. Otherwise a very good purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be a 5 star if it saved multiple sessions to memory, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Beurer PM 62 Heart Rate Monitor - Black (Sports)
This Heart rate monitor is very good, and come in a very nice case. I love the design and the construction and I even use it daily as a wrist watch. There is one aspect that is a little downside to me. As I jog, I would like to save multiple runs (different days) in the watch, but it only records a session, so every time I run again I have to delete the previous one in order to have the session monitored. Of course you can buy the USB cable, and transfer the data each time you run, but I find convenient to take a look at the previous sessions in the watch.
My previous HRM was a Casio and it recorded all the data on the watch, I was expecting this one to have the same basic features and some extra ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product !!!, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Beurer PM 62 Heart Rate Monitor - Black (Sports)
Really nice product, i love it !
great display, easy to read guide and set up took 2 mins !
if you need a heart rate monitor then get this !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cable would help., 28 July 2013
This review is from: Beurer PM 62 Heart Rate Monitor - Black (Sports)
The only thing I would like is if the cable and software for the PC interface came with it. Other than that, a really good HRM. Very happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent bit of kit for the price, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Beurer PM 62 Heart Rate Monitor - Black (Sports)
It's good. I find the menus a bit difficult to navigate. Buttons require a very firm press. But the monitor itself seems very good and the chest strap just automatically started working on my cross-trainer without me having to do anything. Which was an unexpected bonus. So fairly decent I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite happy, 20 Jun 2014
gary c atkins (leicester.england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beurer PM 62 Heart Rate Monitor - Black (Sports)
I am quite satisfied with my watch so far. A little complicating to
set time,date and year, but one get's there in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and stylish !, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Beurer PM 62 Heart Rate Monitor - Black (Sports)
This was brought to replace a budget heart rate monitor which gave up working after a month... at that point I realised you get what you pay for, so I did my research and found this had the looks, (as I like to wear mine as a watch as well), and it had a raft of features that some of the even more expensive monitors called 'extras', including the bike mounting bracket.
It arrived in an 'uber' fashionable case (unfortunately without the bike mounting) but initially needed a degree in watch setting-up to make it work..... Of course had I not been male, I would have read the instructions first!!! Having read them, set up was fairly straight forward.Although the real test will be when I'm out training. Its metal finish with quality strap should fit most users and won't look out of place if you're out on the town in your best suit. I got a reduction due to no bike mount, so for me this was a spot on choice at an excellent (reduced) price. It seems there are newer Beurer models just around the corner, but as I don't buy my things to keep up with the 'Jones's' this is perfect ....

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and easy to use, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Beurer PM 62 Heart Rate Monitor - Black (Sports)
Bought this for my husband to use whilst training on a static bike and cross trainer. He loves it, gives him all the information he needs and seems to be reliable so far.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›