5.0 out of 5 stars Must have piece of history!
Published on 27 July 2009 by J. A. Ludlow

3.0 out of 5 stars CLEAN IT UP
I, like many of the other contributors, enjoyed seeing Peyton Place on the television when I was a girl. Great to have these episodes released to DVD.

Published on 8 Jan. 2010 by KS

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have piece of history!, 27 July 2009
J. A. Ludlow "Ghostslut" (Middle England - UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peyton Place: Part One [DVD] [1966] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
I discovered soaps through Peyton Place the TV series and none, with the possible exception of Falcon Crest ever came up to the same expectation. I was at college at the time Peyton Place was first broadcast and saw a full episode twice a week and two more of the second halves on two other days - but I never saw the Monday episodes because college went on too long! Happily I got to see the "recaps" which helped. I'm not sure exactly where I first entered the story lines but it was well after Connie and Elliott's legitimising wedding but I was gripped even then and watched the series right through to the bitter end in the best way that I could. I missed great swathes of course during the summer holidays when I supplemented my meagre allowances by working as a temp in some of the most lurid places in Nottingham! I never forgot that experience and I still wax lyrical about the memories and I think justifiably so! Some years ago we subscribed to cable Tv and there was a Soap channel - I couldn't believe my luck, they were actually showing Peyton Place - so I dived in and watched it with the same excitement and anticipation as the first time round - over the decades it still held the same fascination! This time I was luckier though, I had a video recorder and could watch the episodes at my leisure - but I still missed Connie's wedding, I still found it fascinating when the disembodied voice announced for the first time "In colour - Peyton Place". That was a new experience because I hadn't seen it in colour previously, our TV set wasn't quite so advanced and I was still terribly disappointed when the series suddenly ended in a most unsatisfactory way. I am sure that I was a "rounding off" TV film once but couldn't remember its name for the life of me that was supposed to tie up the loose ends. Then by some luck, the Soap channel, without break, decided to start the series again as soon as it had ended - yippee I thought, I'm going to get to see that wedding at last ... oh no I wasn't, the Soap channel went off the air after about 5 more episodes, but at least by then I had seen more and understood more than ever previously. Now, finally someone has responded to all of those of us who are dying to see this remarkable series again and I have purchased both DVD sets so far - both have been scrutinised by customs and payment has had to be made, I don't mind the VAT which is a pittance but the Post Office should be ashamed of its £8 administrative costs - for what - opening and resealing an item of post! Since then I have also discovered that there were two TV films to follow - one which didn't make any sense with the time line and complete disregard of Dr. Rossi's arrest, the second at least did try to tidy up the loose ends [as I said before] and this one was, I think called "Murder in Peyton Place". Here's hoping it isn't too long before Series 3 is released! If you haven't seen this, but have read the books, enjoy both for the genre they represent because, with the exception of some of the characters names you won't really recognise one from another - a big disappointment to me when I read the books after the TV series hoping for answers, but loving the books in a different way altogether!

3.0 out of 5 stars CLEAN IT UP, 8 Jan. 2010

The reason for the 3 star rating is simply because the episodes have NOT been cleaned up and we should expect this for DVD releases. It's wonderful to be able to see these shows again but the sound and picture quality need some work. Shame this has not been done. My other complaint is the usual one - when will the other series be released. If the studios do not intend releasing all the shows they should say so up front and not keep us waiting for what may never come. These issues need to be addressed and sorted.

Karen S.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peyton Place TV Series Part One, 3 Sept. 2009
Mr. Lance Patterson (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
I am currently up to Episode 16 and loving it. A great series and unfortunately a rare one in the telecasting of it. I only have vague recollections of this show, as a child, when my mother used to watch it. I have Part Two (ordered and delivered) at the ready. I just hope the DVD releases keep coming and everyone is not left with just the first season. Fingers crossed please!!!!! I may even keep buying them when they turn to colour - having a great affection for B&W television.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong region for great britian, 22 Feb. 2014
I have not been able to watch the DVD , as it is a region 1 DVD , I did check this before I purchased it, the seller offered a refund , but I had opened the package, I will have to purchase another DVD recorder that will play region 1 dvds

5.0 out of 5 stars So pleased......, 29 April 2013
Having watched Peyton Place on television several years ago, I was pleased to be able to buy the DVDs from Amazon. I would recommend Rarewaves USA, from whom I bought the DVDs, to friends and others, as I am more than happy with their service.

Regarding the Peyton Place DVDs, I understand there are 514 episodes altogether. As Parts One and Two each have 31 and 33 episodes, I look forward in anticipation to the remaining episodes being produced on further DVDs in the future (hopefully).

5.0 out of 5 stars peyton place t v series dvd, 28 April 2010
i have started watching this, it brings back memories, thank you, waited ages for this

5.0 out of 5 stars Peyton Place, 7 Nov. 2009
G. Lowe (England) - See all my reviews
Excellent series, the actors and scripts are first class, it does'nt let up, you can't wait for the next episode.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 30 July 2014