4.0 out of 5 stars Hero time....again
Published on 7 Nov 2009 by M. Wake

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as his old one!
I got this for my son, now that he has graduated from 'little Ben 10' to 'Big Ben 10'.
Published on 27 Dec 2009 by M. P. Griffin

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as his old one!, 27 Dec 2009
M. P. Griffin "Griff" (France) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ben 10 Ultimate Omnitrix (Toy)
I must say I think the makers firstly have thought more about making money, than your child having fun. With the old one, you had many sound effects and could chose to be any of the aliens. With the new one, you have to buy all the action figures to get the small alien figure so that you can attach it to the watch. In reality, even if you cough up the money and buy these figures..(I bought 5 of them) you can't expect a five year old to run around with all these pieces, that also are quite hard to put on without fear of breaking something...even for an adult. So in reality your child will not really bother with the attachable figures when playing...another part that they missed from the old Omnitrix, is that after a minute or so the Omnitrix would make the sound effect of timing out, which is when Ben would turn back to a normal boy..usually at a moment in battle and would say "Oh Man"...which my boy used to mimic, before trying to scurry off and set the dial to become an Alien again. This new one has no such function.

At the end of the day, it has very limited sound, a very bad strap, and a stupid alien system purely designed to make money.

They really could have tried harder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hero time....again, 7 Nov 2009
M. Wake "Fried Gold" (Essex, UK.) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ben 10 Ultimate Omnitrix (Toy)
My 6 year old loves all things Ben 10 so when he saw this we knew it was coming home. Opening the package was initially disappointing. The previous Ben 10 Deluxe Omnitrix that he had made all the sounds from the Ben 10 TV show, had flashing lights and generally held on the wrist a lot better. The clasps on the strap for this are next to useless - no more than friction keeps this thing in place.

That said he get's a lot of enjoyment out of it, and each seperate figure you buy comes with another "glowing" mini figure that clips on the top of this and makes an approriate sound, though the quality of the sample playback leaves a lot to be desired.

It sounds like I'm a little down on this but the truth is my boy loves it and at the end of the day that makes it a good purchase for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Merchandising at its best, 14 April 2011
This review is from: Ben 10 Ultimate Omnitrix (Toy)
This was a must have for my 4 year old. All others were not a suitable alternative. It's expensive for what it is & does, but has provided much enjoyment. The add on bit could prove expensive too, but I don't usually do all the related parafinalia. My son paid for it out of his own money and its very precious to him. So far it seems durable.

4.0 out of 5 stars More durable than I expected., 25 Mar 2009
Mrs. Bryony A. Shaw "joltek" (Ely, Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Ben 10 Ultimate Omnitrix (Toy)
My newly turned 5 year old boy got this for his birthday 2 weeks ago. He already owns the deluxe Omnitrix and has had so much fun with that. Since Alien Force has started he has coveted the new watch obsessively and so despite misgivings I bought it for him.
I was quite disappointed with it at first as compared to the deluxe the strap on the Ultimate is awful. It's a Plastic strap with bits sticking out that you have to force into the holes. There was no way that my little boy could get it on himself and even I had trouble for the first week. It falls off more than the deluxe ever did with it's thick velcro strap and although I am now better at putting it on him I still wish it had a better strap.
The watch comes with one Alien to stick on the top, Swampfire. When I first saw the little figure it looked so flimsy that I doubted he would make it through his first day of rough play with my son but, to be fair, 2 weeks later and lots of drop and bangs and he's still fine.
As to what the watch actually does..... very little. The plastic figures come off the top so you can change them. You get a new topper for the watch with every Alien Force figure you buy. My son recently bought Humungosaur and the watch topper that came with that looks much sturdier. They are a bit fiddly to change but despite my son forcing them on and off they haven't broken yet so presumably fairly tough. You press a button which pops the figure up then when child is ready to transform they press it down again and it plays some transformy music and a voice of whichever alien in is speaks it's name "huuummmuunggoossaaur!!"
That as far as I can tell is pretty much it. It could have been better designed in my opinion and with the big bit of plastic sitting on top you can't really hit it in a Ben10 fashion - have to push it in round the outsides. I have given it 4 stars because my son loves it and hasn't managed to break it yet which is the best I can hope for these sorts of toys really.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ben 10 watch, 20 Oct 2011
This review is from: Ben 10 Ultimate Omnitrix (Toy)
Bought this as a birthday present, i don't think that they have taken it off yet, they loved it - enough said!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate joy and fun, for all ages., 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: Ben 10 Ultimate Omnitrix (Toy)
I bought this for my Grandson on his 3rd (yes I know it's for older children, but....) Birthday as he is 'Ben 10 mad!' He loves it and at first wanted to wear it everywhere - bed, bath (you get the picture). Even the neighbour's son, who has an older version, wanted to 'swap'. My son was a bit disappointed his wrist was too large! A month after his birthday, it's still favourite (well, along with Buzz and Woody of course). Excellent buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price, very limited functions., 8 Nov 2009
This review is from: Ben 10 Ultimate Omnitrix (Toy)
Its not even worth 5 pounds. Dont know how these guys charge so much and get away with it.
The product finish is just OK, not worth the price taken.
I makes some simple light and some sounds which is it. nothing more to it.
the strap comes off again and again.
Definitely not recommended unless you got money to burn.

1.0 out of 5 stars No impressive Ben 10 Alien Force, 22 May 2009
T. Tay "Tess T" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ben 10 Ultimate Omnitrix (Toy)
We have purchased this watch to reward my 6 yr old being well behave. We are very disappointed with the function as it should in the instruction given. The button which is supposed to suppress and make a sound did not work. We since tried another one off the shelf and result it the same. We are made to believe that the toy has not performed as it specified. Although it is only a toy but for over £15 you will expect it to function as it stated.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Boys 'Watch'!, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: Ben 10 Ultimate Omnitrix (Toy)
Bought this watch for my son's 5th Birthday in May & it hasn't been off his wrist out of school hours since! He loves Ben 10 & this is by far his favorite toy- it seems to make all the right noises but isn't too annoying to adults as not too loud! A good purchase & definitely value for money if bought for a Ben 10 fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Jubly !!, 6 Jun 2012
This review is from: Ben 10 Ultimate Omnitrix (Toy)
Thank you very much, the toy was excellent. My sons been enjoying and playing with it. Over the weekends he keeps telling me stories about his Ben 10 watch. The delivery was quick, in-time and the product was excellent. Thumbs-up and five stars for this seller,Heres a video of the service user !!!!! acting as Ben10 the alien.

Ben 10 Ultimate Omnitrix