4.0 out of 5 stars Useful cable for easy access to trickle charger
Published on 15 Jan 2010 by AndyL

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt work with Optimate 4!
I bought 2 of these at the same time as my Optimate 4, cos I have 3 bikes and wanted to switch the optimate between them to keep the batteries from dying.
Published 17 months ago by Padd

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful cable for easy access to trickle charger, 15 Jan 2010
AndyL (Cambridgeshire/ Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OPTIMATE 3 AND 4 WATERPROOF EYELET LEAD WITH WHITE TM CONNECTOR PART NUMBER TM71 (Automotive)
On my bike (A 250 Ninja) to get at the battery terminals so I can trickle charge the battery I have to take off the pillion seat, side panels, seat, move the fuse box etc all of which is too much fuss to do regularly. So I put this lead in and lead the cable under the locked pillion seat. I also bought the extension lead so I can reach under the cover. It does exactly what I needed. If I am going to be critical I would say that it is only just long enough for what I needed and the fuse is too close to the battery terminals for easy installation - certainly it is not long enough to lead forward into the front of my fairing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Optimate lead, 28 Feb 2011
I sold my bike and left this accidentally on it still attached to the gel battery. Fortunately, they don't cost much to replace. Item is an exact replacment for the one that came with my Optimate 3sp and works fine. Delivery was fast too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Optimate charger lead, 6 Sep 2011
A good lead, that does what it needs to do. This has an inline fuse where my Optimate one doesn't. One review I read said the lead was too short, but for a sports bike where you want to keep the lead tucked out of the way it's just fine. The end cap is a bit chunkier than the standard Optimate one, but keeps the terminal well covered. A spare lead makes keeping two bikes maintained a lot easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars More electrics for my BMW!, 26 Mar 2011
C. Hawkes "Livefats" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This fused power takeoff from Optimate is great value and easy to fit (even on my BMW R1100RS, where body panels have to be removed to reach the battery!)

Once the battery was exposed, it was a five minute job to attach the connections to the terminals, tuck the takeoff under the seat, and, Hey Presto, another opportunity to plug heated vest/sat nav/intercome onto my trusty tourer.

Of course, too much power being taken from the battery can lead to problems - but trickle charging with an Optimate after every trip solves that nicely. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, effective and 100% useful, 25 Jan 2011
My Yamaha 535 has battery that you can't even check the fluid level (or charge it) without removing it from the bike! And removing the battery is a fiddly, time consuming knuckle scraping affair. So, I bought a sealed-for-life battery. All I needed was to be able to charge the thing whilst it was still on the bike. This little lead provided a perfect solution. Well made and fused. Just connect the charger to the lead and wait until the charger says it's finished. I've used this lead for over a year and the rubber cap has been 100% waterproof.

UPDATE! The original connection lead started to become intermittent. The Optimate charger would think the battery was flat and shriek 'Desulfate!' Replaced the lead and normal service was resumed. The original lead was used once a week for 5 years, so I can't complain. The new lead / connector looks a bit more 'chunky' so perhaps others have suggested this improvement.

I originally said: Would I buy it again if I changed the bike? Yes.
I'll now say: If the lead wears out, would I buy another: Yes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt work with Optimate 4!, 19 Jan 2013
Opened it all up, and then noticed that the connector system for these is wrong. The Optimate 4 uses a new connector system and these are incompatible. These are TM71 connectors and you need the SAE 71 for the Optimate 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars optimate charger accessory, 16 Oct 2010
Well made lead. Perfect for easy battery charging without all the hassle of accessing the battery

5.0 out of 5 stars spot on! exactly what I was looking for!, 7 Oct 2013
I knew exactly what I was looking for, and this is it! Strangely enough ... I searched for it ... found it ... ordered it .... paid for it ... it was delivered... I installed it ... it worked ... and all was well in the world! .. hope that is more than 120 characters! Great seller by the way!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars every bike should have one, 28 July 2013
this is one piece of equipment every bike should have, in the dormant winter months it keeps the battery in tip top shape. so no flat battery when you come to go for a run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014