5.0 out of 5 stars A CD to set the mood for relaxation or romance
The warmth and atmosphere, created by voice and music in this collection, provide a wonderfully serene listening experience. As a backdrop for a romantic evening or just pure relaxation this CD must be one of the best around.
Published on 16 Dec. 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars CD ok but plastic cover mucky and sticky, unable ...
CD ok but plastic cover mucky and sticky , unable to remove it so unsuitable for gift ! .
Published 5 months ago by ann d

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, Like Velvet., 12 Mar. 2012
I was so relieved when this CD arrived. It had taken almost two weeks and I was getting a little concerned; it was still well within the delivery date but I think shopping on Amazon tends to spoil us all as items can arrive as early as the following day.
Having said that, this CD was well worth waiting for. The 21 tracks are pure gold and the sound reproduction is amazing considering that some of the recordings go back as far as 1946.
The first track kicks in with 'Let There Be Love', which gives only a taste of the delights yet to come. Next is 'When I Fall In Love' and here is Nat King Cole at his very best with a voice smooth like velvet. Following this is another classic, 'Mona Lisa'. It's brilliant just how easily this singer could move from jazz through to romance without any problem whatsoever.
Listening to the tracks it's understandable why his songs have been used in so many films and commercials. And the next track; number 4, is no exception. There are many people who will recognise this music while picturing a beautiful woman reclining with a certain bar of chocolate; 'Unforgettable', and that's the only word for this piece of music. Recorded in 1951 it's as timeless as ever.
The list continues with 'Smile', and 'On The Street Where You Live'. That rich voice that you feel almost melting around you as the problems of the day disappear. 'Pretend' and 'Nature Boy' are followed by track 10; 'Love Letters' which has been recorded by numerous artists over the years but none as good as this.
Track 11 is the old London classic; 'A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square', but any nightingale would be easily outshone by the beautiful tones of Nat King Cole.
The delights continue with 'Answer Me', The Party's over' and 'You'll Never Know'. The next track will be instantly recognisable to anyone who has watched the Tom Hanks film, 'Sleepless In Seattle'. It's the moment when mister Hanks has put his son to bed and lies down on the settee with a cold beer. Suddenly the ghost/memory of his dead wife walks into the room and casually sits down beside him where he holds a conversation with her telling her just how much he misses her. Then she's gone and he's alone once more. And all this to the breathtaking melody of 'Stardust'. No one could possibly sing this like Nat.
Track 16 is 'It's All In The Game', followed by a song that I haven't heard in years; 'Autumn Leaves'. This deserves far more recognition than it ever got.
'The More I see You', definitely reflects this CD with it's second line; 'The more I want you', recorded in 1958 it shows the versatility that Nat King Cole had with that soft baritone voice of his. Listening to his music it is easy to understand just why he was one of the first black Americans to host his own television show.
The final tracks on this CD are; 'You Made Me Love You', 'Because You're Mine' and 'Let's Face The Music And Dance', an Irving Berlin song written in 1936 for the film 'Follow The Fleet', which was notable for the dance routine by Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, Nat recorded this in 1962.
Finally the bonus track is; 'The Christmas Song', and I hope that like me you'll definitely be feeling a rich and warm glow after listening to this, The Nat King Cole; Ultimate Collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Smooth as Silk!, 30 Aug. 2011
Alan Argent (Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK.) - See all my reviews
I already knew Nat King Cole from the sixties when I was a young man, and this ultimate collection is a wonderful trip down memory lane for an old smoothie, recently widowed, who now has a new lady friend. She remembered Nat King also, and we smooched and caressed to this album, particularly enjoying such classics as When I Fall In Love, Unforgettable (remember that chocolate ad unforgettabubble?), Let There Be You and many others.
Young men, buy this disc and dance to it with your loved one, with the lights turned down low and the lady will melt in your arms, guaranteed... and being a single CD, there are no rubbish fillers, all songs are absolutely wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars magical, 13 Jun. 2014
A friend recommended this CD so I ordered it
3 days later it arrived in my book a first class
Service and as for the CD Nat king Cole
Has a truely magical God given voice a great
Way to unwind after a hard week a glass of wine
and a bit of Nat !!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimately the best way to induce nostalgia, 13 Jan. 2012
An affordable collection from one of the most soothing voices I've ever heard. The 22 songs are a fine selection of Nat King Cole's best songs and the stories of love and peace that he tells with his perfect voice go beyond words and can communicate to any person who has loved.

His songs always bring me in a pleasant melancholic state and I recommend this collection to all those who have heard his songs and wish to have a comprehensive compilation of his best songs. It is truly the ultimate collection, the only thing missing would be his L-O-V-E, but other than that, I have no complaints with the product!

5.0 out of 5 stars At his best, 22 Oct. 2013
There's no mistaking the wonderful voice of Nat King Cole. I bought this album for my father as it had my parents 'special tune on it - Unforgettable'. So when my mother passed away (recently) my father had it played at the funeral and even (through his tears) sang it to her accompaned by Nat King Cole from this album.

Each track is brilliant and for the price you cannot go wrong. I highly recommed this CD. As I bought the album through Amazon I was able to send the CD to my father and download the CD for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic crooner album, 30 May 2011
This album is Nat King Cole at his greatest. He is such a fantastic singer. A must for those who like to hear great singers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Nat King Cole??, 21 Mar. 2014
I chose this album because I heard a NKC song on the radio. This brought back memories of my earlier years (I'm 77 now) and the great times we had then.
I would suggest that a lot of the so called "Stars" of today, with their screaming, unintelligible noises that they call music, listen to these songs and hear ALL THE WORDS in absolute comfort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of classic relaxing jazz, 29 April 2013
Very good collection of relaxing beautiful songs of Nat King Cole, very good sound quality, not even one scratch of old recordings. This is one of my favourite music at home during relaxing, with friends or alone, as well as in the car during a very busy traffic jam with special calming effect to your anxiety!

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful melodious music easy to sing along with if one ..., 18 Jan. 2015
Lovely ,lovely cd. beautiful melodious music easy to sing along with if one wants to and add to that Nat King Coles gorgeous voice! Beautiful songs- no one can sing 'when I fall in love', and 'unforgettable' like him.! These are his songs and always will be! Buy it folks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic, 22 Aug. 2013
Having just watched this wonderful singer on tv decided to buy this cd as realised I had only
one track of his on a compilation. Well worth it, this cd brings back all the old memories.
just right. Such a good price for a perfect 'used' cd many thanks

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›