5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless masterpiece & more!
'Kind of Blue' is often cited as the greatest jazz album of all time and SONY have now released this sumptuous box set to mark its 50th anniversary. Apart from the original album which appears here re-mastered on CD and 180-gram vinyl, there are alternative takes, all the studio tracks from the 'Jazz Track' LP of 1958 and a 17-minute live performance of 'So What' recorded...
Published on 12 Feb 2009 by Moontrane

3.0 out of 5 stars Kind of Blue? With this mix YES!
What only 3 stars I hear you scream - well yes. This is one of the best jazz albums of all time so as far as performance is concerned we all know it is superb, 5 Stars. But the remastering is frankly very poor for such a classic standard. I would question if this was mastered from the master tapes and the engineer should be ashamed - did you actually sit down and listen...
Published on 10 Sep 2010 by Beethovens 9th

‹ Previous | 119 20 2125 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (Audio CD)
I'm really not sure this needs a review..... genre-defining jazz music from the inimitable Miles Davis. A must for any collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kind of Blue, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (Audio CD)
Enjoy a bit of jazz from time to time, particularly by artists like Miles Davis (sadly no longer with us). Excellent CD and at a very modest price. Delivered before due date and in excellent condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (Audio CD)
good value, good recording,excellent delivery
time.very satisfied!well up to your usual standard
liked the follow-ups with similar style cd's I find this very helpful. Thanks again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction to the genre, 30 April 2012
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (Audio CD)
My ignorance of jazz was almost total until buying this album, to the extent that I only first heard of Miles Davis in the jazz club scene in the film Collateral.
A new hifi prompted me to expand my music collection, so I did some research and this album kept coming up as an ideal introduction to the genre. At £3.99 it was a no-brainer.
I was hooked from the start. Other reviewers have given detailed analysis of the music but all I can say is that in the year since I bought this album, along with Miles Away and then Blue Train by John Coltrane, these have been the ones i play the most. To think that an outlay of less than a fiver has opened up a whole new musical genre to me.
Sit back, close your eyes and picture the guys playing as the music washes over you.
If, like me, you know nothing of jazz then take a chance and get this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars still the coolest music, 23 Mar 2012
Mr. Lawrence Knight (Egremont Cumbria UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (Audio CD)
After over 50 years this is still one of the the coolest albums ever, along with MJQ of course. Totally ageless, smooth & silky. Before he decided to disappear into the ether. Buy this album!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, 14 Mar 2012
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (Audio CD)
Great music as I expected, but unfortunately the cd arrived opened :(
I bought it as "new".

A really good cd of Miles Davis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Kind of Blue [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I hate to admit it, but I'm new to Miles Davis. I know this is a classic... that's why I've bought it. It has not disappointed me. Great album. Great mood music. Inspiring stuff. And the vinyl is lovely... very quiet. Put simply, this does what it says on the tin /sleeve.

5.0 out of 5 stars iconic album, 14 Feb 2012
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (MP3 Download)
Well what else is there to say but if you are a jazz or Miles fan this is the one album you must have. Just gets better with each play-real danger of marital strife if your partner isn't such a fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!, 21 Nov 2011
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (Audio CD)
This is just about the best jazz album ever. If you enjoy jazz do not hesitate to listen to Miles Davis. And if it has to be any, this album is his best!

5.0 out of 5 stars better late than never, 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (Audio CD)
I last heard miles davis about 30 years ago and saw (heard) him live at the Isle of Wight
festival of 69 or 70 .I thought he was cool then but never got round to having any of his albums . but after reading a magazine article about him , I bought Kind of Blue and it just blew me away , it may be the softer side of Miles ,but the whole album just gets right under my skin . I now intend to get more albums , but if you havn't heard him before , you could do worse than to start here .

‹ Previous | 119 20 2125 | Next ›

Kind Of Blue
Kind Of Blue by Miles Davis (Audio CD - 2009)