5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Easy, Brilliant
An excellent printer, very easy to set up, looks and works great and completely compatible with Macs, where other printers sadly aren't. A must-buy, although I did purchase it for significantly cheaper at a different store which had a Bank Holiday offer at the time.
Published on 31 Aug. 2009 by Karl Von Clausewitz

1.0 out of 5 stars Lexmark x4690
Published on 1 July 2012 by muzzy

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Easy, Brilliant, 31 Aug. 2009
Karl Von Clausewitz (Colchester, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lexmark X4650 Wireless All In One Printer, Scanner, Copier (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 1 Aug. 2009
Amazon Kid (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
I left this in the box for 10 days before being brave enough to install. yesterday I went for it, it was so easy the disc so easy to follow and hey presto it works. i dont know what I am more impressed with, me for installing of the machine, or the instructions for being so easy to follow My husband would say I am not mechanically minded. Have yet to use the scanner but printer is fine, I also find it is quite light compared with my Cannon printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Lexmark x4690, 1 July 2012
bought this as a cheap option, but after about a year of use, very very light use, the paper intake seems to have stopped working also it is extremely hard on ink and very expensive to refill. Basically for not much more that the cost of ink I can buy a HP photosmart which is what I intend doing even if the intake was working. Lexmark appear to have the reputation of cheap machines but make their money on the consumables, sorry we had bought it in the first place.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dodgy, unreliable and very expensive to run - this printer is a JOKE, 13 Jun. 2010
M. Weber "Marc Weber" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
After putting up with this printer for 6 months, I decided to buy a Brother Laser printer which is proving far superior.
This printer is a complete JOKE.
The problems are -

1) It constantly crashes with its wi-fi connection to the PC, the only route is to restart the PC to get it working again (average crash every 1.5 weeks)

2) Try and get it working with a Mac - forget it - Lexmark's support there is non-existent.

3) Its incredibly expensive to run - the ink hardly lasts 50 pages of text only. It keeps on printing test pages and other things, I think just to assist in causing you to buy new ink.

4) Try and use features such as scanning, etc, over the network - constant failure to initiate properly

5) Lexmark technical support have the will but not the knowledge - took 1 hour to remotely reinstall the drivers (to no effect) and it was clear that the guy had no more knowledge than that. I went off to get dinner whilst he did it, and could have done what he had done in 10 minutes.

This printer will cost you a fortune in ink, and will simply create grief.
I doubt if there's anything worse on the market, and I would never buy from Lexmark again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken in less than 2 years, 4 Oct. 2011
Was still on the first set of cartridges I bought after the feeble ones that shipped with this abomination ran out.

There is still ink left in them so that shows how many pages that were printed.

Anyway the paper feed is now no longer working and there is nothing stuck inside the printer so it looks like this is for landfill

5.0 out of 5 stars So very easy., 29 Aug. 2009
Peter G. Hopkins (Dublin) - See all my reviews
I could not believe how quick and easy it was to get this printer up and running.
I had been reading horror stories of people who had bought wireless routers and had spent days trying to get them operational,in contrast it took me about ten minutes to get going. I followed precisely the ultra easy instructions given in the installation software and had no problems whatsoever. Top marks for simplicity!

1.0 out of 5 stars An Awful Machine, 9 Oct. 2009
I LOATHE this printer.

We're a technically-minded household, running a number of machines, and bought this printer to print colour items for the kids' homework, replacing an Epson which had done good service for many years.

This machine was tough to set up and has remained awkward and tempramental. It crashes each time one laptop goes into sleep mode and has to be reset by hand (after a cold restart on the laptop) before it will work again - so much for wireless operation. It will not work at all for one PC, and won't recognise a number of well-known operating systems.

There are a number of features which irritate:
- After each restart it prints an ink-heavy test page, which soon depletes cartridges.
- If you follow the on-screen dialogues you will find yourself replace print carts when they are still a third full.
- There are repeated on-screen 'bully-boy' messages to try to make you buy Lexmark carts direct, sign up to Lexmark communications etc.
- It will on occasions cease to recgnise its own half-finished print cartridges, so if you needed to print somethng urgently, you're stuck.
- Ink carts are very hard to buy except online. I live on the edge of a major UK city and cannot buy them in large supermarkets and high street stationers and PC shops.
- The Productivity Studio is extremely slow.
- The print quality is not as good as the old Epson.

I've never posted such a critical review on Amazon - I've never dealt with such a pile of pants. If I had the readies I would replace this chastly machine today. I'll certainly never buy Lexmark again.

Do not buy this machine.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy this, 17 April 2011
M. A. Lynas (preston) - See all my reviews
Seriously, don't buy this. First, its very, very difficult to set up. It's wireless works when it wants and doesn't when it wants. Cartridges cost a fortune. Now I have an error saying Incorrect Cartridge, and the printer refuses to work. Google it and you'll see complaint after complaint.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this machine, 21 Dec. 2012
Assuming Lexmark sell this printer at a low price with the expectation of getting their profit from the sale of ink cartridges, then they certainly shot themselves in the foot with my example. For this cunning ploy to work it needs the printer to outlast the cartridges. After 18 months and still on the first replacement cartridges it has died. I have to say it was very simple to set up for wireless operation and worked well while it lasted, but I couldn't recommend it, even if I didn't like you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 13 Sept. 2012
Sorry Lexmark. This is very poor printer. I don't want to think about the time I've spent trying to work out why I can't print. The cartridges are expensive at around £44 for the pair and they don't last very long in relation to the amount of printing I do.
The one star is for the scanner and copier which is fairly good.
Could do better.