on 29 April 2013
I bought this as a present for my son - had a sneaky listen and that was my introduction to Dan Auerbach. I'm glad I did!
on 30 December 2013
bought this as a big fan of the black keys,i was not dissapointed not as full on as b,k,a little more laid back,love it.
on 3 March 2009
Well worth having in your collection. It has that authentic blues "thump" if you know what i mean...
on 17 January 2015
Great serice
on 11 October 2014
Excellent
on 9 July 2013
This was recommended by my stepson who is really a fan. After listening to this I now know why - add me to Dan's list of fans.
on 3 March 2015
great
on 6 July 2014
I bought this with high hopes. Decidely average in my opinion compared to Black Keys stuff generally.
on 29 May 2012
Having belatedly discovered the Black Keys (Dan A's band, not to presume everyone will know), I'm a biggish fan of Brothers, El Camino and some of the other stuff I've heard.... I did notice that on the quite-a-bit-earlier Thickfreakness, their cover of "Have Love Will Travel" beats any of their originals.

And the same is true here - for me, the cover of "I want some more" is way better than most of the rest - though I like "Streetwalking" and a couple of the others. But in essence the Amazon review (or BBC review or whatever it is) has it right: DA is a very talented musician; but he doesn't quite turn his inspirations into gold.

To go a bit further:the music here plods a bit.

I extravagantly ordered this on vinyl, and when it arrived the sleeve seemed strangely grubby for an LP still shrinkwrapped from the factory. I tried, gingerly, to wipe off the dirt, but it wouldn't come away. A couple of weeks later I thought to double-click on the Amazon image and, sure enough: the grubbiness is preprinted on the cover. That's a (slightly)funny gag, and the jokiness sits oddly with the slightly overearnest authenticism of the music, which - I think - isn't meant to be just a pastiche.

He is half of one of the best groups around though (based on my encyclopaedic awareness of about 3 current bands), so hats off anyway.
on 5 September 2014
Great album. Ufortunately my copy fra dodax had a worn out cover and was scratched also.