on 6 May 2009
This is the first time I've used a wireless intercom. I bought this new model so I can plug in my mp3 player. The sound quality is good and clear. For music the quality is not bad. I get better sound quality from a pair of cheap sony hook over ear phones.
Sound from GPS and phone is clear and free from noise. VOX works very well.
The only problem I had was securing to my helmet. Getting the clip between shell and padding was impossible so the glue pad was used with no problems.
on 31 August 2009
I bought this to upgrade from the Scala Rider I had with my TomTom rider 2 since I now have a regular pillion passenger. In short the product is excellelnt. I've used it over 70 miles today, and it worked flawlessly. You do have to ensure the mike is positioned directly in line with your mouth, and the intercom then is fine. Up to an indicated 90 on the Guzzi Norge, it was brilliant. Need to try the mobile withit, but this is much better than the Scala Rider and I'm so pleased with the upgrade
on 28 April 2010
Listening to music is never going to be in good quality because the helmet earpieces will never be close enough to your ears to give decent bass, so it's more like midrange intelligibility with these units, and very good they are, with intercom audible and usable up to 80mph. Phone calls come through fine as well if you have your phone linked to it (no problems in pairing here). I have my satnav audio feeding the mp3 input which works well.
Fitting to the helmet is tricky because of the inner edge liner on the helmet, but with careful surgery and foam sculpture to make a clear fixing area, it goes on easily and stays put.
The flexible mic boom is useful to move the mic out of the way for helmet fitting, and appears strong enough.
The documentation is a mixture of odd bits of paper, with a useful "quick guide" but no full manual. The full manual is however downloadable.
The customer support is staffed by complete bozos who either ignore emails or answer a different question to the one submitted. They deny any existence of a full manual!
One tip - put a thin foam adhesive pad along the bottom of the helmet clip so that when you put the helmet down it won't get scratched or damaged.
on 12 July 2010
At first i was unsure whether to buy this, as i wasnt sure how good the sound quality would be but after trying it out and having brilliant sound quality i couldnt hav been more pleased. They were simple to fit onto our helemts and we found that after parking up we didnt want to take the helmets off :D Good quality even at high speeds only problem was remembering that you could actucally speak to each other as we were so use to limited communication whilst on the bike. Only a shame that you cant use with two bikes as you have to stay very close for the headset to work. But well worth the money, looking forward to some brilliant summer outings and being able to talk to my partner as the same time.
on 23 January 2013
This product held so much promise and potentially was going to be awesome. The concept, ie, wireless communication between 2 ppl on a bike was just what we wanted. However the design of the product leaves plenty to be desired. Between myself and my partner, we tried to fit the unit to 5 different helmets and it wouldn't clip to any of them without damaging the helmet. The only option was to glue the unit to the outside of the helmet. No doubt this would work but it is a permanent option. You cannot remove it and use it on another helmet so if you wanted to use the product with someone else, you can't. If you want to replace your helmet you would have to replace the unit too. If the unit breaks down, you have permanently attached it to your helmet... bad news if you've got a really expensive helmet and you have to replace it! I sent it back and bought something else with a more sensible design.... oh, it was also half the price.
on 17 May 2010
At first I was a little disappointed that I couldn't clamp the microphone and base unit to my crash helmet (usual procedure) and had to glue it - basically because I had a "top end" helmet (a BMW)rather than a cheap one! However, the glueing method worked very well and provides a much neater look. The "top end" design of my helmet also prevented me neatly hiding the speaker wires between the shell and the lining and having to run the mic boom outside the helmet and then up under my chin each time I put it on is a little inconvenient...... BUT.... those niggles aside.... the operation (so far) is impressive. I have used the wired connection to listen to my iPod and although the volume through the speakers seems to be limited and a little "tinny", and so a bit low at high speed, the quality of sound through those same speakers when using my mobile phone at Motorway speeds can't be faulted. On every occasion of use, the caller had no idea that I was on a motorbike doing 100 miles an hour (on a German Autobahn before you wonder!), and asked me not to talk so loudly (I thought I was competing with the wind noise!) Once I got used to it, my voice level was no different to speaking on my home or office phone.

So far everything works as advertised and very well. This weekend, I will take my pillion out and we will check the intercom at riding speeds. Conversation to date has consisted of sitting on the sofa side-by-side wearing our crash helmets, and that worked well, although I had to draw the blind in the living room to avoid awkward questions from the neighbours across the street!!
on 5 September 2012
I found these units easy to fit to my helmet, using the clamps attached to the product. The bluetooth setup was quite straightforward, which was a relief as I am not sure the technology is perfect yet! I found this product to be a great improvement on my previous "mono-aural" scala headset. Sound quality is good, even though I wear earplugs to cut out excess noise. My new helmet has got a recess for the microphone but I imagine on older lids the mike might be a bit of a tight fit. Rider/Pillion reception was good, even at high speeds on the motorway.

If you are prepared to take the time to experiment with volume controls etc you can get these units set up very nicely, I found it difficult and distracting to attempt to change sound volume whilst driving so I think its best to invest in a bit of trial and error at home first.

The little pouches for carrying the units around are a neat touch; preventing any damage - I usually take the units off the helmet and store them in top box or panniers when leaving the bike.

Overall very pleased with the product
on 23 November 2010
Really great motorcycle communication. Love the voice activated duplex with pillion. Mobile phone link is great and voice dialing is good. Have held a conversation at 70mph with no problems. In fact the caller didn't believe I was on a bike. Really great product and well worth the money.
on 14 August 2010
Not had a chance to really try it out long term, but installation into my crash helmet was relatively easy. (This may differ for different manufacturers) Easy to pair with my mobile phone and sat nav device. Quality of crash helmet sound proofing will affect usability at speed. About 50 mph was about the limit for me. Probably shouldn't be answering calls at speed anyway!
on 23 December 2010
Would and have recomended this product to others, does all it is supposed to do, cant say more that that, Excellent value for money