5.0 out of 5 stars BT happy
Got this to replace the small length of the original cable that BT give you with the Infinity 2 wholesale router (the white one), and needed to move the box when I updated the room furniture.
Now I get 48Mbps download speed, only one down from the 49Mbps my line can give, so very happy with it, recommended!
Published 20 months ago by zrerz

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do it for me.
Published 2 months ago by Dave B

5.0 out of 5 stars BT happy, 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: World of Data® - 5m ADSL Cable - Premium Quality / Gold Plated Contact Pins / High Speed Internet Broadband / Router or Modem to RJ11 Phone Socket or Microfilter / White (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacing your old ADSL Cable can make all the difference to your internet connection..., 31 Mar. 2013
Chris Hall "DLS Reviews" (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Length:: 1:09 Mins

Having a good quality ADSL Cable can make all the difference when it comes to your internet connection speed. Connecting your router to the telephone line, the ADSL cable needs to be without damage and situated in such a way so that it won't be crushed, pulled or split.

If your ADSL cable is old or has suffered some damage (you may not be able to actually see the damage as it can be internal), this is likely to cause issues to your internet connection speed. As such, if you're encountering problems with connectivity, changing the ADSL cable can be a very simple and very cheap solution.

We recently found that our internet connectivity wasn't working as it should (our connection kept dying on us quite regularly), so replaced the ADSL cable with this one, along with the 'ADSL Microfilter' and 'Telephone Extension Cable' to hopefully eliminate the problem. Together, the three items only cost a few quid, but the difference replacing them made was incredible.

The ADSL cable itself seems to be of a generally good strong quality, and does the job nicely. It's also of a good length in case you need to locate your desktop some distance away from your router (the cable is 5m in length).

So our advice is, if you think you should be getting a better internet speed or are suffering problems with connecting or staying on the internet - then you might want to try replacing the ADSL cable and Microfilter etc. It could make all the difference!

5.0 out of 5 stars quality, 10 Jan. 2011
Mr. S. Whiteside (belfast, co down United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
i bought this in both 5 metre and 3 metre and can say that they are well made and my INTERNET speed increased immediately after replacing my old line

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do it for me., 29 Mar. 2015
Dave B (Lincoln, UK) - See all my reviews
Very disappointed after reading the glowing reviews! I needed to extend my BT Infinity data cable so as to locate the Hub in a more convenient location and swapped the BT supplied cable for one of these (3M -> 5M). Well, the change resulted in a immediate speed loss of about 40%! I tested like for like using the exact same laptop in the same location relative to the Hub and used the BT Wholesale broadband speed tester. I even purchased a second cable in case the first was faulty but the result was the same.

After a little research I decided to try a "twisted pair" cable instead (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metre-Speed-BroadBand-Cable-Twisted/dp/B008IKVA1W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1427663765&sr=8-5&keywords=cat+5e+twisted+pair) and the difference was marked. No speed loss at all was measured and I was able to move the Hub to it's new location with confidence.

I don't doubt that this cable is well made and will do the job required for many situations but I can only report that in my particular scenario it really didn't do what I had hoped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its 5m long, its ADSL cable & it works!, 29 Mar. 2012
smartyPants "Smartypants" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
There really isnt much more to say about this cable apart from it works & allowed me to run a longer cable run between master phone socket & where our broadband router is placed.

Dont think we have lost any speed as a result of replacing a 2m cable with a 5m one, but when you look at the state of the wiring outside the house that BT are responsible for, I doubt it would have any difference!!!

What is a little tough however, is finding flat cable clips that work with this cable - I just cannot find any that support a cable width of 5mm - apart from the round cable clips which I have now ordered as given up the search!

5.0 out of 5 stars Instantly gave my fibre optic connection 2.5MB faster speeds, 24 May 2014
Asphodelia (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I needed a longer DSL lead for my Sky Hub router, as the one Sky provide is very short. I decided to order this particular one because of the positive reviews. With any type of cabling, the 'you get what you pay for' adage doesn't always apply - or rather, it does but up to a apoint - such as in the case of overpriced HDMI cables.

I have Fibre Optic broadband at home. Once I plugged in this cable, I did a speed test which gave me unusually high speeds - 34.25 Mb/s - which I hadn't had since the first few days of having been connected.

I then plugged the old cable back in and re-tested, and got a speed of 32.74 Mb/s - instantly lower.

For the sake of being thorough, I plugged in the new cable again and performed another speed test. Lo and behold, the speed was back to 34.07 Mb/s.

Now, I know that connection speeds vary but this is a very promising sign that the product I bought is good for the job.

I am now going to buy another one for my telephone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, 24 Feb. 2014
Wanted to position my BT Homehub 5 further from the master socket and purchased this cable to do so.
Upon connection to hub and the master socket no broadband connection, so a complete waste of money, good job it was cheap!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite amazing, really, 18 July 2013
Mark Crook - See all my reviews
OK, it's not what you'd call an aspirational purchase - I simply needed a 5 metre ADSL cabe so I could re-site my router. £1.99, postage included, seemed more than reasonable and despite the "premium quality", "gold plated pins" and other blurb, I reckoned if it was no good, it could be binned at no significant loss.

So, it arrived a few days later, nicely packaged - and from China, no less. For some reason it hadn't dawned on me that delivery would be from China - I'd assumed it was a UK-based supplier. And yes - it's good quality stuff. How on earth they make it up and package and post it halfway round the planet for £1.99 is beyond me. But that's the wonder of globalisation!

5.0 out of 5 stars ADSL Cable RJ11, 21 Sept. 2010
Amazingly good value, does exactly what is says! Just what I wanted and at a cracker price too.

Delivery was faster than I expected even with standard mailing.

Amazon comes up with the goods every time! Don't bother searching the Internet Jungle, just "Amazon" it!

Max

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 16 May 2014
Did exactly what I needed to. Great quality connection which means I now have my computer exactly where I want it.