Size: 8GB|Change

VINE VOICEon 29 October 2010
I have always supported Kingston memory products.

However, I am disappointed to note that there is currently (as of 29th October 2010) no indication as to the speed of this particular device.

There is no mention of data transfer either as MB/s or as an 'x' rating, such as 20x, 133x or 300x.

This makes me wary that the speed is less than 133x and therefore capable of less than ~20MB/s.

It's also confirmed by the other reviewer's remark that it is slow.

For this price, you can get rated CF cards, delivered free if you select Amazon Prime or one of the few companies offering a 'true' Free Delivery option.

Kingston are robust but omitting the speed of the device should ring alarm bells for you.
on 31 May 2011
I'd read the reviews and realised it wasn't going to be the fastest card on the block, but I thought my 8-yr old Ixus 400 wouldn't be too demanding speed-wise. Wrong! Every function, even startup, was unbelievably slow. So I did what I should have done in the first place and shelled out a few extra pounds for a SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash 4GB Memory Card - 30MB/sec and all is now back to normal.
on 14 June 2011
Bought this to enable lots of shooting in RAW using my Canon EOS 350D for trip to Thailand. Performed faultlessly with no noticeable speed or buffering hold-ups, though I don't ever use rapid fire so can't comment on this. At the price, this seems unbeatable, unless you want ultra-fast performance.

Update: Disappointingly, as of August 2012 the card refuses to upload images to my computer any more, after over a year of faultless performance in my Canons. Has to be this card as dozens of other CF cards that I own continue to work fine. Shame.
on 16 June 2013
As a professional photographer I've only ever used Sandisk compact flash memory cards. A few weeks ago I decided it might be time to try a different brand and I bought the Kingston 8gb compact flash card.

The morning of a shoot I began as usual by checking and formatting my memory cards and the Kingston, after a total of three uses since I got it, was corrupted and unusable.

I wouldn't trust this brand again.
on 12 February 2012
Excellent product at a great price. Perfect for cameras with a high pixel count (mine is a 12.7 megapixels camera, and finally I have a card that can take a few hundred RAW files before filling up). Fast and reliable.
on 8 July 2010
Great product for price.
Not as fast as Sandisk, but only thrid of price.
Would recommend this seller, fast shipping.
on 22 August 2011
This product does what I wanted it to do. It is for exclusive use with a digital picture frame where read/write speed in not important. I have not used it in a camera so cannot comment on the read/write speed. I noted that the product packaging stated this CF card was UDMA compatible, a potential benefit not mentioned in the Amazon web page description.
on 5 July 2015
Was absolutely fine at first. Couple of weeks of use it it keeps telling me that it needs to be formatted. Keep formatting it but still does not work as it should. Used it today to take important photographs of a WI Centenary Event. The card, despite being OK when I checked all the equipment this morning, was telling me to format it. I did this twice with no joy. Thank goodness I had my Panasonic Lumix G1 camera with me which uses the tried and trusted SD card. I know I should probably send it back but to be honest it is too much hassle. Downside - I ordered another one! I am just hoping that it is better than the first one.
on 16 December 2013
Not much to say about this really, Kingston have always been a very trustworthy brand and this product maintains their reputation well.

I bought this to replace a faulty Compact Flash that died on me which meant I couldn't use my SLR. As soon as I received the card, I put it into my camera and it work straight away with no issues. I can't say how good it's lifetime is, but I have good faith in Kingston as I've used them for computer parts before now and they're one of the most trusted brands.

I would certainly recommended this - No flaws as of yet and does the job perfectly! Not to mention it's cheap as chips!
on 8 August 2010
a cheap reliable backup for your camera... only downside is the slow write speed especially if your taking pictures in RAW format... but you get for what you pays for.