4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says it will do
Published on 9 Oct. 2009 by H. B. Hosegoood

3.0 out of 5 stars Two excellent recording pedometers surrounded by bloatware
Initial impressions of the pedometers was very good they are light, small and well made with an estimated battery life of 6 months. They seem to record steps accurately and although I do not know the technology that they use they do not seem to have the rattling pendulum mechanism which only recorded if held vertically. There is no information given on the actual...
Published on 11 Jun. 2009 by Bob

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says it will do, 9 Oct. 2009
H. B. Hosegoood (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Walk With Me! Do You Know Your Walking Routine? - Includes Two Activity Meters (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I already had an Omron pedometer (Omron Walking Style II Pedometer), which is one of the best you can get but it only stores your walking history for a week and I liked the idea of having a record over a much longer period. So when I got Walk with Me I was able to compare the Nintendo pedometer with the Omron one. I didn't expect the Nintendo pedometer to be all that accurate, but actually both pedometers gave similar readings on a day when I went on a really big walk. Both the Omron and the Nintendo versions ignore the first ten seconds of walking to avoid counting coughing etc, but the Omron adds those first steps back into the count if you carry on walking, so it consistently awarded me more steps than the Walk with Me one, especially on days when I was at my desk a lot and there were many trips to make coffee etc... I quite like the fact that the Nintendo is a hard taskmaster - it makes you walk more.

So, here is my list of pros and cons, based mainly on the comparison with a more traditional pedometer:

Pros
Really small, light and neat - about half the size of my Omron Walking Style II - and no one will notice you wearing it under a sweater, eg.
Said to be waterproof (though I didn't try this).
Keeps records for months on end so you can really chart your progress.
Gives you a chart showing when you walked actively so you can see your rhythm.
Compares you with an animal, which is fun and inspiring.
Is pretty accurate and, if anything, underestimates your steps, making you walk more.

Cons
Doesn't count the calories (unlike the Omron Walking Style II) so you can't tell how many snacks you can freely eat!
Doesn't measure the distance covered (unlike the Omron Walking Style II), which would be a nice feature.
Doesn't have a safety line, unlike the Omron Walking Style II which does. In fact, sad to say, I lost my Nintendo pedometer just two months after purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 19 Jun. 2009
Ms. K. Fenlon (England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My mum convinced me to buy this (with her money of course) and I'm so very glad she did.
We've both benefited from wearing the pedometer and trying to get to are targets every day makes us very competitive!
It also makes me realise how much walking I do when I'm just at home, when before I thought I'd been doing 'nothing', I'd been doing a lot more than I thought I was!
I would definitely recommend this product for anyone who wants to increase their activity but in small ways in stead of large ones.
The mini games are also very addictive and I'm trying so hard to beat my mum at them!
We've both really enjoyed this product and have used it every day since we got it.
Fantastic buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really encourages you to walk, 13 Jun. 2009
CiaraB (Belfast, Co. Antrim) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I think that this is great idea. I am possibly the laziest person ever, but this game has made me go for walks every day for the last 5 days. Especially now that my husband has taken the second pedometer - I can't let him beat me! There may not be a lot more to the game, but that isn't the point of it. The point is to record your steps and encourage you to walk, and that is certainly what it has done for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun on your Feet, 9 July 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
It's very easy to use - just 'register' yourself with your DS and hey presto. The default pedometer does not have a clip for your belt but a small screwdriver can be used to affix the one that is supplied in the box. The Walk the World and Illuminate mini games are fun for children and its very easy to compare each person's walking with each other. Easy to read graphs show how each user's walking changes over time. 2 pedometers are supplied (for 2 people to use) but for extra people more pedometers need to be purchased separately. Supposedly you can even stick a pedometer on your dog!

Anyway to conclude; this isn't a game per say but it does give you a chance to monitor steps in an easy to use way. It can encourage you to walk more - but it doesnt make you walk. Like with Wii fit you need to put effort in for it to work.

I am pleased with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Walkies!, 14 July 2009
A. Faithfull "Ali" (Petersfield) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Well folks - this little pedometer certainly gets you moving! It's not exactly a game and I'm not sure whether being likened to a sheep or deer is very helpful - but the game is designed for 3 years and up so I guess it's designed for little ones in mind.
My husband registered as a cute dog with his pedometer - sigh! But I think it calculates a 'dog' stride therefore if we go out for a walk together, he will have done about 300 steps more than me by the end of it.
The actual pedometer is very small and neat - and doesn't get affected by car movement at all which is good.
Summing up - I think it is a good little 'gizmo' and has really helped me to take more exercise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a pedometer, but a great one, or even two., 11 Jun. 2009
Paul Elkington (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I've been using a pedometer for about six months now, and use it to motivate me and keep an eye on my exercise. This "game" is really just a really good pair of pedometers, which do seem to measure about the same as my last pedometer.

The upsides;
- You get to see your activity by time of day
- You can download your Mii from the Mii channel on your Wii if you have one, this is supurb!
- The Activity meters are small, light and robust
- Its really good fun checking your progress, but it does take a little longer than with a standard pedometer

The downsides;
I used to look at my pedometer during the day and see how it was going, there is not screen on the activity meter, so you can't check without a DS being handy

Very very good, though, especially if you are trying to encourage kids to get out an move!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 July 2009
Mrs. M. Speirs (Bearsden, Glasgow) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Before I bought this I did practically no walking at all. But since I bought it I go out a walk most days. It is really good as you try to beat the steps you did the day before.It really has made me a bit fitter. My husband also come out with me and we have started looking for walks we can both do together. I really recommend this game. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin!, 5 Mar. 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this so that I had an incentive to walk more. Especally on shorter journeys. It has worked perfectly! I am able to see the different rhythms that I have to my exercise on different days and I'm in competition with my husband to see who can do the most steps in one day. My only niggle is that the pedometer is not sensitive enough to react to small steps - I'm on my feet all day, wandering around a small space and the rhythm shows this as a period of inactivity. I'm definately not inactive in that time!

Overall a great gadget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to get the kids moving, 22 July 2009
S. J. Tapp (Essex. UK.) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Love this game. We've had it a month now and the kids are still competing to see who can walk the most. They don't even complain about walking to school now!
Only negetive is the cost of extra pedometers so that we can all join in.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun, 8 May 2013
M. Colledge (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this as I lost my little gadget and needed a replacement.
i take it out most days and get quite cheered when it reaches the target i set, though it doesnt always detect my activity. it doesnt know when you go uphill and have to walk harder but it does have some great sarcasm in the review. I was working online one day and must have taken a break, later that evening it came to a dead spot where i appeared to have done nothing at all, then suddenly a movement, the mii asked, "what happened, did someone call your name?" cheeky! Sets little targets for you to achieve, such as make sure you have regular meals today, think about your posture while you walk and walk as much as you can and others.....
of course its up to you whether you do them or not, you can still get a smiley face 'sticker' on the date either way.
I have tried this gadget on my bra strap, in my bra, in my socks and in my pocket and tied to my ankle, so lots of options.