5.0 out of 5 stars YORK LEATHER BELT

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish
Published 12 months ago by Howla

5.0 out of 5 stars YORK LEATHER BELT, 8 Sept. 2010
This review is from: York Leather Belt (Sports)
I bought this belt for my son who is into weight training at the moment. Decided it safer he wear a belt and this one is excellent both on use and price. The belt is padded where it fits to the back and he says its very supportive. Be aware though that it comes in three sizes and as a 30/32 waist he required the MEDIUM size. We originally purchased the small but this only just fitted on the last fixing holes and was returned for the larger one. Thanks Amazon for another great item and quick delivery of the replacement.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Support, 11 Aug. 2013
This review is from: York Leather Belt (Sports)
The belt arrived earlier than estimated. I got this for my husbands birthday and he loved it. A good quality belt, great support and does the trick. Be sure to get the correct size as i was advised by another purchaser, Large fits 34-36 inch waist, medium fits 30-32 inch waist.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent belt but make sure you buy the correct size, 29 Nov. 2011
This review is from: York Leather Belt (Sports)
It is an excellent belt for the price, you just need to make sure you buy the right size. I have a 36" waist and the medium size belt was unsuitable for me as it was too small.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish, 8 May 2014
This review is from: York Leather Belt (Sports)
Bought this belt as I kept pulling muscles in my back when I went to the gym. When I tried it on I found it very hard to fasten it. It seemed like the 2 prongs were too long and bent so that they could not get through the eyelets. However, what was even more of a problem, was getting it off after I had eventually managed to fasten it! It took 2 grown men and about half an hour to release the buckle. Do not buy. Utter rubbish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper at half the price, 10 May 2011
This review is from: York Leather Belt (Sports)
Another exellent product from 'York Fitness'. The cheapest I could find this in any high street store, was in 'Argos' at £19:99. I am a 40 inch waste and the large was just the right size, as I intend to loose weight around my waist. Any bigger than 40 inches and you would really need a bigger size. The width is just right to give enough support, while not to wide to restrict your movement. There is just enough padding to make it comfortable, without loosing the support too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if this company have ever seen a belt before, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: York Leather Belt (Sports)
I received this product today and am sending it back tomorrow. Now i don't know what sort of belts they have ever used but the ones I've ever used have never had the buckles point the wrong way... I got this belt on (which on its own was a task), i know that when wearing these you obviously need to have them tight so that they can properly support your back, once with this on it felt good but i then attempted to take this off. After about 5 minutes of struggling to get this thing off i then had to ask my mum and dad to come and help me get this off! Now in my life i have owned many belts but i had a good laugh at this thing once it was off at just how ridiculously made this thing really is! If you are looking for a belt for weight training, i would strongly advise to just not even waste your time with this belt, if the picture had of shown what the buckles were like i would have never bothered. I hope this review can save someone else some time and money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Personal labor required to fix this, 5 May 2014
This review is from: York Leather Belt (Sports)
Well, where do I start. The belt is poorly made - probably why the price is so cheap. The belt was difficult to get off as the safety pins are too long and bent the wrong way. It's as if the person in the factory has put them on backwards. The best work around I found was to take a screwdriver and a Stanley Knife to the belt holes and make these a bit bigger so that the pins can slide out of them a bit easier when removing the belt. Then I took a hammer to the pins to bend them the other way. Doing this has made the belt a bit easier to take off and put on - hopefully there won't be an embarrassing moment in the gym later on today!

Now that I have done all of that - hopefully the belt will do its job! It probably needs worn a few times before it gives a little bit, just like a new pair of shoes I imagine. Should have read the reviews before purchase as I would have probably gone for one of the more expensive belts. Such is life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 July 2013
This review is from: York Leather Belt (Sports)
I saw this in argos for more than double the price so I was a bit worried I might get something inferior at first. It's fine though, it's a good quality belt and a good price. I got the small for my 30" waist and it's a perfect fit, It could also be used for 32" or 28" with no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Service! Looks Great! Feels Great!, 3 Jun. 2014
Geoff (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Leather Belt (Sports)
Just ordered it the other day and it comes straight away, so great service there.

I've grown up with York products, over the years and so it was a no brainer, some 18 months ago when I REALLY started to hit the iron, to use their dumbbells, barbells and free weights. I graduated to a top quality bench and, as I have stared to use heavier weights and lower reps, and having back issues and injuries in the past, decided on a weight belt to give me some support.

And support it does! Have started using it in my workouts and although it feels odd, initially, I know that it's there for protection.

It feels sturdy (what a crazily big box it came in!) and looks well made.

A good product and one that'll last my lifetime....at least!

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Money, 29 July 2013
This review is from: York Leather Belt (Sports)
It is ok but it leaves a lot of rubbed material on your clothes each time you use it, it gets better after using it for a while but not great. Either way worth the money to try a belt out but I would buy a better quality next time

York Leather Belt