5.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed to warm you up this winter!
Published on 7 Jan. 2009 by D. Marsden

We are stuck without a chimney - so I thought that turning the box into a fire would be cosy, warm.... and you can stare into the flames and think and dream and and and ....

Published on 25 Oct. 2011 by chunky cheese

5.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed to warm you up this winter!, 7 Jan. 2009
D. Marsden (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire DVD - Light The Box (DVD)
I bought this the other day as a fun gift to myself. As soon I as put this DVD it was nothing short of spectacular! The quality of the video is superb. I have seen many so called "realistic" fireplace DVD's, but this one is a newly released title and Light the Box have digitally enhanced the video loops so there are perfectly looped and much more sharper and brighter than other the dvd's. It looks amazing on my 42" Plasma screen and is the perfect solution to not being able to enjoy an open fireplace this cold January! My girlfriend prefers the contemporary styles which fit perfectly with her modern lifestyles, but whens she's out the room I can simply switch to the traditional log fires! The best of both worlds I guess you could say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 22 Oct. 2009
D. Hagan (North East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire DVD - Light The Box (DVD)
I bought this DVD to go with our 50 inch Plasma TV and the old oil lamp the we are using to light the living room in the darker and colder evenings. The combination is stunning, creating the "romantic, cozy" feeling which is just what is needed after a hard day at work. There is a great choice of 12 fires to choose from, 6 traditional and 6 contemporary, so something for every taste.

From opening the box and placing the DVD into the player and selecting the desired fire, it was quite simply stunning. The quality is second to none and the gentle sound of wood crackling made me want to go to the kichen and get some bread to make toast with.

I can highly recommend this DVD and has been one of the best £11 that I have spent. The company were great to deal with and the delivery was so fast that, having ordered it at teatime on Wednesday, it arrived the next morning, amazing.

Fire DVD - Light The Box

5.0 out of 5 stars How fab. is this??, 14 Nov. 2009
D. Taylor (East Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire DVD - Light The Box (DVD)
After having read in a magazine about a DVD that depicted an open fire burning I then read the very informative reviews on Amazon and decided against the recommended one and bought the fantastic Light The Box Fire DVD.
Obviously it makes sense for the dvd to play on a continual loop. You can play various configurations of a single fireplace forever, or all the traditional fireplaces or all the contemporary fireplaces or a new fireplace every 10 minutes. Actually I haven't tried that one - I've only had it three days!
We meant to only have it as a bit of fun on Christmas day for when the family's here but we've had such enjoyment from it already. The crackling on the traditional fires really make you feel warm (no really!) and the contemporary fires are really funky. Everyone who sees it thinks it's amazing. The service received from Light the Box was exemplary with next day first class delivery. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased indeed, 30 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Fire DVD - Light The Box (DVD)
I was very pleased indeed with this DVD. The picture quality is brilliant and its nice to have the modern fires as well as the traditional wood fires too. Its a really professional piece of gear. Recommended. Five stars!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 4 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Fire DVD - Light The Box (DVD)
Excellent DVD- very high quality, convincing flame effects. you get 6x traditional fires and 6x 'modern' fires with white pebbles in different colour flames.
sounds are convincing with nice pops and crackles for the traditional fires and a gas burner type noise for the modern ones.
Fires are chosen from a main menu, you can also choose to loop one fire (loop time is 10 minutes then a slight pause before starting from the beginning again)
or play all of the fires consecutively.

Well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cozy Nights!, 3 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Fire DVD - Light The Box (DVD)
Having re-organised our little sitting room / study recently, the only thing missing was a focal point. We don't have space for a real or electric fire, but I just love the warming, homely effect that a fire brings. This DVD seemed the perfect option. I have been delighted with it - and the initial skepticism voiced by family members has been stilled as they have seen and enjoyed the effect it brings to the room. I love the background crackle of the log fire effect - very realistic - and really enjoy having the choice of either traditional and contemporary fires to suit the mood and time of day. I always run it on the 'play all' function, so the fire picture changes every 10 minutes or so. As we head into winter, I know it will be used frequently. The only problem I had was trying to work out how the DVD menu actually worked but I got there eventually! Perhaps the manufacturer should include some 'idiot proof' instructions with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transforms the room!, 22 Mar. 2010
Miss Victoria J. Burley "Vicki Burley" (South Witham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire DVD - Light The Box (DVD)
The real fire DVD transforms the room, truly. It is a great idea and the sound effects are great and, of course, you can choose to look at it with the sound off. I am very pleased to have bought it. There are several different options for each fire, as other people have mentioned; the contemporary fire has different colour options and the traditional fire has different log options. I guess these would be appropriate depending on what sort of evening you have planned. A traditional fire for a traditional dinner and a purple contemporary fire for a party, perhaps?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Light the Box, 24 Oct. 2009
Mrs. C. S. Putt (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire DVD - Light The Box (DVD)
I am an Activities Co-ordinator for a Residential home for the eldery. I brought this product to use as a fire place as the residents miss a real fire. We are in the process of building a fireplace around the TV but already it is a great hit, many even commenting that they can feel the heat. It has made a dark area in the corner of a room very warm, relaxing, and cheerful. I and the residents would recommend this product the picture quaility is superb.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fires!, 5 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Fire DVD - Light The Box (DVD)
This is a great DVD, has a choice of 6 traditional fires and 6 contemporary ones. I found I use the traditional ones more, but that's just a matter of taste. I play it through my PS on a 40" Sony LCD TV. It plays in HD, but in a lower resolution (576) since the DVD is not recorded in FULL HD (1080). But, that said, the image is very crisp and clear, the colors are awesome and the crackling fire sounds very pleasant. It's so soothing you can fall asleep to it.

After ten minutes, which is the cycle of one fire, it freezes for half a second and starts automatically at the beginning again, or then with the next fire, depending on how you've set it up. That's slightly annoying, that's why I rate it 4 stars - although it could also have to do with the player and not the DVD. Anyway, all in all I think it's one of the better fireplace DVD's out there. Worth the money I spent on it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do you dream for 10 mins or less when sitting in front of fires?, 25 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Fire DVD - Light The Box (DVD)

However like so many of these type of DVD's choice of subject is at the expense of time these type of DVD's play for. This only plays each fire for 8 - 10 mins! Then it loop spoiling the effect. SO you have just had a hectic day and you want to relax with a mug of cocoa and switch off... then bang the DVD player is looking to start the loop again every ten minutes! Arrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Relax time spoilt!

This DVD gives you 12 choices of fire - x6 traditional and x6 contemporary. Five of the 'Traditional' looked almost the same, the sixth one the logs were arranged in the spokes of a wheel formation (the best). All are in a grate and the camera doesn't move. The 'Contemporary' options were the same animated fire with unreal white stones in a modern rectangle steel fireplace with different coloured flames, Blue, green, bright pink etc... In all honesty this DVD needs to be cut down into two separate DVD's - Contemporary and Traditional. The tradional would be better with three alternative fires. This would mean that there was more room on the DVD to play these sequences longer - an hour maybe before it looped. The fires logs never burn and degrade either, so the fire never reduces to embers over time afterall fires do not burn to cinders in 10 mins!!!!!!! The Contemporary fires have flames that move and do nothing else. The sounds are very authentic.

I marked this down as although you get a DVD of traditional fires the ambience wanted with fires and relaxation is at the expense of the looping every 10 mins which makes this DVD a waste of time and money - GO FOR LENGTH OF TIME NOT CHOICE afterall the DVD has only a certain amount of space!

I did return my DVD as I didn't want a sample of fires and found another called 'Fireplaces - the ambient collection' on Amazon - this actually had only five traditional fires on it and it loops every 25 mins. So less options longer playing times more time to have uninterrupted dreams!

Refund was immediate with the seller explaining - quote "The automatic loop after 10mins varies on all dvd players. Some are very fast, others take longer." unquote - you can make of this what you will but I think we are talking a thousandth of a second - afterall I have not had any trouble playing anything else on a friends DVD player! Speeds of play by DVD players will not turn this into a relaxing DVD!10 mins is 10 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thousandths of a second does not make any difference.........

Fire DVD - Light The Box
Fire DVD - Light The Box by Light The Box (DVD)