5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product
Published on 13 April 2011 by Geekers

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hate it. I am a photographer and I need ...
Absolutely hate it. I am a photographer and I need my card reader to do the job but this product is absolutely useless. I have a Mac and although when I bought it, which was recommended to work with Mac, worked fine for the first couple of times then suddenly everything changed. I would connecting it to my computer and start transferring my document and suddenly with no...
Published 2 months ago by SOFIA

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 13 April 2011
Geekers (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transcend P8 15-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader TS-RDP8K (Black) (Personal Computers)
Ok so it's £1.50 more expensive than the cheapest card reader available on Amazon but it is also more substantially constructed and apparently more reliable - thus longer lasting and better value. I'd rather put my expensive sdhc cards with my irreplaceable images into a reliable device rather than into one on which the contacts bend and break (see the reviews of the cheaper card readers). Transcend produce good products in my experience. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transcend P8 15-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader TS-RDP8K (Black), 4 Jan. 2012
Product is exactly as shown in foto,compact,with rounded edges and a nice design.
It is compatible with CF,SD,SDHC,MMC,MMCplus,RS-MMC,MMCmobile,miniSD,miniSDHC,MMCmicro microSD,microSDHC and Memory Stick series cards.
There is a blue LED that lights when a card is inserted(correctly).
It seems, from a test i made using CrystalDiskMark, that it allows speed up to 20 MB/s (i used a 30 MB/s sandisk extreme for this test).
It comes with a two year warranty from Transcend and a free recovery software.
Overall,in my opinion this is a good buy and so far i am very pleased with this memory card reader.
So,as far as i'm concerned ,it's fully recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, 9 April 2011
great worked fantastic simple software downloaded from internet no cd .
simple to use did the job recovered my daughters london photo's sweetly.
good card reader in its own right the best ive had.
i rate this very highly saved me £20 on first use (more for my fuel tank).
sweet purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and looks good, 7 Aug. 2009
N. Harris (London) - See all my reviews
Just what you need. Nothing more, nothing less. It's small, neat and light.

The only problem is the mini CD that it comes with for the picture recovery software - it's one of those tiny ones and when I tried to insert it in the side of my Macbook Pro I managed to push it in, but it didn't get recognised and I a few nervous moments passed where I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get it out again. Luckily it did get thrown out. I didn't try again for fear that it would get stuck. If you have a normal disc drive where you place the disc onto a tray, no problems. For MacBooks, I'm not sure... Hence I can't review the picture recovery software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, especially for CompactFlash, 12 July 2013
I bought the white model from the same supplier which is slightly cheaper and less likely to look grubby because of finger prints.

This reader is small, neat and very well made. The white USB cable is about two feet long and makes a very good contact with the reader. Mini USB sockets are not always that good. Personally I'd prefer a shorter cable since I will be using the reader plus an OTG cable into my Nexus 7 (for which you also need the Nexus Media Importer app to avoid rooting the tablet and invalidating the warranty) but I have a couple of shorter cables anyway.

For CompactFlash users this card reader is especially good because the slot is very deep, half an inch before you engage the pins, so you are bound to locate them square on and there is no risk of any damage. The card reader I bought from Fuji lasted only a couple of days before the pins got badly damaged even though I was ever so careful so, if you imagine you could at least trust flash card manufacturers on this, I can tell you that you cannot necessarily.

With a two year warranty you will not do better than this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Transcend P8, 2 July 2012
The Transcend P8 multi card reader is one of those products that doesn't need much explaining. It does exactly what it says on the packet, you plug it into your PC via a USB 2.0 port and then you put which ever supported memory card you have into it. Simple. It's an attractive little unit, with a shiny black plastic top and rubber strips on the bottom to stop in sliding around.

The only down side to this otherwise clear cut 5 star review is the fact that for some reason someone at Transcend decided it would be a good idea to ship a black card reader with a white USB cable. Oh dear. Not the end of the world as USB cables can be bought for little over a £1.00 but its a little thing which will bother some people.

So to wrap up, if you have one of the supported memory cards and need a easy way to get the data onto a computer look no further. If your the sort of person who cares about aesthetics however, then make sure you buy a black USB type A to USB mini B cable when you get your Transcend P8 Card Reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 24 July 2011
Eamon (Cork, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This Memory Card Reader does exactly what it was meant to do. Read my 32GB SD card into my MacBook Pro without fuss or problem. Nice compact utility.

5.0 out of 5 stars bargain card reader one of the best around, 26 Jan. 2012
this product is reliable and incredibly quick card reader. Performs brilliantly with 5dmk2 complact flash cards, and cheap too! I bought two!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear! I have deleted my photographs!, 10 Oct. 2012
Oh yes! I did delete my photographs and had forgotten to transfer all of them to their respective folders. I knew that I would never do it but, I did. This product bypassed the memory card's index and found my photo's. So long as you have not overwritten the photo's which you need to recover, with new photo's, or formatted the card, then this card reader will almost certainly find them and give you full access to them. I did have a bit of a trial when I was loading and running the software. I stopped half-way and it did not like it. But if you go with the flow, then expect an easy ride and a successful recovery of lost pictures. That is what you are paying for and that is what you get. As a card reader it is expensive. As a lost photo' recovery device, it is good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Card Reader (and Writer too), 11 Jun. 2013
This is a very good product and its excellent value, especially at the price on offer. Many of these gizmos are dubbed 'card readers' and not all are writers too - this one is. I’m surprised that the product descriptions don't make this clearer. This model is compact and has a nice solid feel when slotting in cards, I’m very satisfied with the quality. Btw it made me laugh reading complaints about the white cable it comes with – what a quirky world we live in!