5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product
Published on 13 April 2011 by Geekers

3.0 out of 5 stars Not if you're in a hurry
Looks good, accepts most cards and seems well constructed. Works fine.
Only negative, IT IS SLOW if you are downloading the likes of a fairly full 4GB CF. Go make a coffee. Otherwise as good as any other.
Published 11 months ago by snapcam

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 13 April 2011
Geekers (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transcend P8 15-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader TS-RDP8K (Black) (Personal Computers)
Ok so it's 1.50 more expensive than the cheapest card reader available on Amazon but it is also more substantially constructed and apparently more reliable - thus longer lasting and better value. I'd rather put my expensive sdhc cards with my irreplaceable images into a reliable device rather than into one on which the contacts bend and break (see the reviews of the cheaper card readers). Transcend produce good products in my experience. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Transcend P8, 2 July 2012
The Transcend P8 multi card reader is one of those products that doesn't need much explaining. It does exactly what it says on the packet, you plug it into your PC via a USB 2.0 port and then you put which ever supported memory card you have into it. Simple. It's an attractive little unit, with a shiny black plastic top and rubber strips on the bottom to stop in sliding around.

The only down side to this otherwise clear cut 5 star review is the fact that for some reason someone at Transcend decided it would be a good idea to ship a black card reader with a white USB cable. Oh dear. Not the end of the world as USB cables can be bought for little over a 1.00 but its a little thing which will bother some people.

So to wrap up, if you have one of the supported memory cards and need a easy way to get the data onto a computer look no further. If your the sort of person who cares about aesthetics however, then make sure you buy a black USB type A to USB mini B cable when you get your Transcend P8 Card Reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transcend P8 15-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader TS-RDP8K (Black), 4 Jan 2012
Product is exactly as shown in foto,compact,with rounded edges and a nice design.
It is compatible with CF,SD,SDHC,MMC,MMCplus,RS-MMC,MMCmobile,miniSD,miniSDHC,MMCmicro microSD,microSDHC and Memory Stick series cards.
There is a blue LED that lights when a card is inserted(correctly).
It seems, from a test i made using CrystalDiskMark, that it allows speed up to 20 MB/s (i used a 30 MB/s sandisk extreme for this test).
It comes with a two year warranty from Transcend and a free recovery software.
Overall,in my opinion this is a good buy and so far i am very pleased with this memory card reader.
So,as far as i'm concerned ,it's fully recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, especially for CompactFlash, 12 July 2013
This reader is small, neat and very well made. The white USB cable is about two feet long and makes a very good contact with the reader. Mini USB sockets are not always that good. Personally I'd prefer a shorter cable since I will be using the reader plus an OTG cable into my Nexus 7 (for which you also need the Nexus Media Importer app to avoid rooting the tablet and invalidating the warranty) but I have a couple of shorter cables anyway.

For CompactFlash users this card reader is especially good because the slot is very deep, half an inch before you engage the pins, so you are bound to locate them square on and there is no risk of any damage. The card reader I bought from Fuji lasted only a couple of days before the pins got badly damaged even though I was ever so careful so, if you imagine you could at least trust flash card manufacturers on this, I can tell you that you cannot necessarily.

With a two year warranty you will not do better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, 9 April 2011
great worked fantastic simple software downloaded from internet no cd .
simple to use did the job recovered my daughters london photo's sweetly.
good card reader in its own right the best ive had.
i rate this very highly saved me 20 on first use (more for my fuel tank).
sweet purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and looks good, 7 Aug 2009
N. Harris (London) - See all my reviews
Just what you need. Nothing more, nothing less. It's small, neat and light.

The only problem is the mini CD that it comes with for the picture recovery software - it's one of those tiny ones and when I tried to insert it in the side of my Macbook Pro I managed to push it in, but it didn't get recognised and I a few nervous moments passed where I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get it out again. Luckily it did get thrown out. I didn't try again for fear that it would get stuck. If you have a normal disc drive where you place the disc onto a tray, no problems. For MacBooks, I'm not sure... Hence I can't review the picture recovery software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 24 July 2011
Eamon (Cork, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This Memory Card Reader does exactly what it was meant to do. Read my 32GB SD card into my MacBook Pro without fuss or problem. Nice compact utility.

5.0 out of 5 stars bargain card reader one of the best around, 26 Jan 2012
this product is reliable and incredibly quick card reader. Performs brilliantly with 5dmk2 complact flash cards, and cheap too! I bought two!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 July 2013
Bought this with a new SD card and used them with my camera and nexus 7 now I can see everything on my pad.

5.0 out of 5 stars super, 6 Nov 2013
cracking item quick transfer of data well made,very pleased,would recommend this.I use it mainly for compact flash and it has a good and deep socket for the card so pins are aligned