on 9 February 2010
These extension tubes fit the camera and lenses as one would expect. There is no auto exposure as the electrical contacts are not included but at this price what do you expect. When taking macro shots with tubes fitted manual control is not a hardship. If you are considering buying the official tubes from the camera manufacturer but want to see what you can do first, these are a low cost option and I bet you will not need to buy any high cost tubes. Recommended.
on 26 January 2012
I have not tried these out apart from getting it stuck on my lense. Now a lot of people have pointed out that this is a problem but I may have a solution. The small screw on the side should allow you to slide the retaining pin up to release the lense but, in my case it didn't. I then removed the screw and used a pointed item (like a bradawl) to lift the pin by slotting it into the hole from the removed screw. This released it.

I then re-insterted the screw and made sure it wasn't completely tightened, as it was when it arrived, and now it allows me to lift the pin. It may be that when new it needs to be moved a bit to allow easy movement.

Just posted this for advice. I will review properly when I get chance to try it out.
on 3 January 2012
There are several reviews that are quite negative, but I think most of this can be resolved with two simple tips:
1. These are quite a firm fit, care should be taken when fitting / removing from body / lens. A VERY small amount of light oil helps tremendously.
2. To use with lenses that do not have a manual focus or aperture (the standard Olympus ones don't) first attach lens to camera, then manually set the aperture you want, and focus to closes distance. Now remove lens, and it will stay with these settings. Now fit the extension tubes and physically move the camera or adjust the zoom (if a zoom lens) to focus. It takes some trial and error to get the lens set-up correctly, but it is possible.

If working within these limitations is not desirable, then you need to spend more money on the tubes that connect the power from the body to the lens, but for the price these limitations are well worth living with. It is possible to get some extremely close-up photo's with the 42-150mm lens. The 14-42mm lens is not so good, but can get some good results.

Overall 5* because you can get decent macro photo's with these extension tubes with an E620, which for the price is excellent value for money.
review image
on 31 March 2010
I couldn't get my Olympus DSLR camera to focus through any of the rings, even manually, and at one stage the rings became so attached to my camera I even used a pair of grips out of the shed to try and remove them. I thought it had become jammed on but it turned out the release button had dropped off. It's not expensive so by all means give it a go, but be very careful - you get what you pay for.
on 30 December 2010
I have an Olympus E520. These work fine.........you have to focus manually ( its easy and Im an inexperienced photographer)Actually you dont really use the focus ring just twist the zoom until it comes into focus. I have only used this product with zoom lenses...70/300 40/150 and 14/42.. they all work fine the latter is a bit too close ( almost touching the lens ) the first option is the best. They can be a little tight.....just exercise caution! I had never really tried macro before but these were a great place to start and alot of fun..............I definitely recommend this product!
on 5 February 2011
These tubes are great if you see them for what they are.
When inbetween the camera body and lens the electronic controls of the lens is lost.
The camera needs to be in Manual mode (I lost the control of aperature and focus)
I found best with a tele-zoom lens the zoom acts as the focus.
without aperatre control there is very little control of dof.

the tubes are great fun and certainly worth the price
on 21 July 2010
Minor problem with missing item from order, quickly resolved with good comms.

Threads on extension tubes have a tendency to lock tight, but otherwise represent good value at this price. Other items exactly as adverised - no problems. Good value and service overall, I will probably buy from them again.

3 stars because they were cheeky enough to include a slip requesting only 5 star reviews !!
on 9 October 2011
I bought this for my Olympus E420. If you are planning to use these tubes then you will need a fully manual lens to go with them as the kit lenses need power from the camera even in Manual focus.

It may be worth buying the EX-25 macro lens.

Bit disappointing but hope nobody else makes the same mistake.
on 3 March 2012
I have had the pleasure of using this item on a number of occasions, it helps to shoot great macro images. It is so easy to use and gives great results. This item was delivered within 36 hours of purchase in excellent condition, via our local postman.
on 20 May 2015
It seems you get what you pay for.
Initially it got stuck on my lens. It turned out that the release button slides - the one movement I didn't try. An instruction note would have been nice.
Anyway, I then tried some pictures. Worked well on my E1. Manual focus but exposure was fine.
BUT . . . Taking it on and off a few time, it got harder and harder to remove the ring from the camera body. Last time was nearly 15 minutes! A pity but I'm not going to risk it again.
It may be mine is a duff one - at this price quality control must suffer. If you don't have my problems, you'll get some great pictures but be careful.

See one answered question