5.0 out of 5 stars Just such a wonderful boy for a little one
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for kids, but a nightmare to assemble!
Published on 27 Sep 2009 by SilentSinger

5.0 out of 5 stars Just such a wonderful boy for a little one, 9 Mar 2013
This review is from: Little Tikes Classic Cozy Coupe Ride-on (Toy)
Our second grandson is 18 month's old when we bought this for him. After seeing how much play fun our first grandson had from a toy like this car there was not doubt that our second boy would get one as well the moment he would be ready for it. O what does he love it. Just only seeing the box gave him excitement. He had to wait until Dad had time to put it together and boy that took some doing. It was delivered to another country (Netherlands) so Quickly and for such a reasonable price that only for that this item deserves 5 stars.

We ordered this item on Sunday evening. Thursday the doorbell rang in Zaandam The Netherlands. Little one had to wait until Saturday that's when his Dad was able to start putting it together. I ended up taking a few hours!!! Manual that came with it goes up to 16 steps but it turned out that to put it together 32 steps are needed. Yes, I know....strange. The manual said to go online and follow instructions from video's placed on YOUTUBE. Great idea....only one weak point in this is the expectation that every one has access to the internet. I know it is becoming very normal to have internet but there are more then enough people who still do not have that option. Luckily enough my daughter does have broadband so by following the instruction on yourtube which turned out to be easily to follow they managed to put this lovely car together. I am sure that the few hours it took to put it all together was lengthened because of the great help given by the litlte 18 month's old boy of course with all good intention.

Just like his older cousin he just LOVES IT. He does not know how to move himself forward with his feet, but backwards goes smoothly and fast....hahaha but his most favorite at this moment within his development is: opening up the door, getting in, closing the door.....calling his parents with a big smile on his face.....telling them in his own secret language how much he is enjoying himself....only to open the door again....getting out...and closing the door......repeat...repeat and repeat. With the spring just around the corner, this toy is going to give him hours and hours of play enjoyment.

My daughter took him in his little car to feed the duck and while pushing him forwards easily by using the opening that is in the roof for parents to push, our beautiful grandson was sitting proudly in his new car and waved to anyone he came across. After feeding the ducks it was time to show of his new ride to his other grandmother. My daughter said his face was beaming from happiness while showing his Oma (nan) his new toy. Worth every penny!!!! (and many hours it took to put it together)

Note to seller: Could do with a better and complete manual. Many thanks for your great service. Looking forward doing bussiness with you again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Allow some time for assembly..., 30 July 2009
G. Cleaver "graham c" (Ipswich, Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Tikes Classic Cozy Coupe Ride-on (Toy)
A classic toy - but frustrating to assemble, requiring careful use of brute force... if you are buying this as a present for a toddler make sure you unbox and assemble it the night before!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for kids, but a nightmare to assemble!, 27 Sep 2009
SilentSinger (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Little Tikes Classic Cozy Coupe Ride-on (Toy)
I bought this ride in car for my son's second birthday as I'd always find him playing with them at nursery and he's a huge fan of anything with wheels. It's definately worth bearing in mind that this toy is fairly difficult to assemble, so attempt this before handing it over to your child as you'll probably find (as I did) that they'll slow the procedure down no end by sitting in it! The plastic's really hard and unyielding, which makes it difficult to fit the various compenents together and my box didn't contain the left hand roof support which had to be re-ordered directly from the manufacturers. Even when the parts were complete, I keep finding that the roof wants to detach from the supports, which is a pain when you're trying to push your child around the garden in this vehicle.

On the positive side my son absolutely loves his cozy coupe and especially adores sitting with his elbows out of the window like any self-respecting motorist would(!) It provides a good cardio vascular workout for any parent or carer who decides to push their little one around in it, which is useful. It's quite a large item so it maybe worth thinking about where you'll store it in the winter when it's not in daily use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst car ever, 18 Oct 2012
Ms. Natalie S. Rich (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Tikes Classic Cozy Coupe Ride-on (Toy)
This is the worst car i ever bought. My twins loved this at play group but was old one. I bought two and latest edition has changed consierably. Hard to put together, poles and roof do not clip in at all, steering wheel falls out. Waste of money as cant use it and still have one in box. Go for old version or another car.

5.0 out of 5 stars cozy coupe, 31 Aug 2009
This review is from: Little Tikes Classic Cozy Coupe Ride-on (Toy)
cozy coupe was not the easiest toy to put together,some of the parts could have put togther at a earlier/later stage this lead to it taking longer to put togther as it made it more ackward than it needed to be, But the end product was worth it, (after a few choice words were said (kids were in bed i have to say) LOL) The kids love it (15mths and 3yrs).

2.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly difficult to assemble., 21 Sep 2014
Stuart Neville (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Tikes Classic Cozy Coupe Ride-on (Toy)
We received one of these as a gift for our little boy's birthday. I'm reasonably handy around the house, so assembly didn't seem like a daunting prospect. How wrong I was...

The included instructions aren't great, but the real difficulties were caused by poor design and build quality. Many parts simply don't fit together well and require brute force and a great deal of patience. And a toy really shouldn't require a drill to assemble. The screws that join the roof, for example, have to be forced through the plastic without the aid of a pilot hole. In one case, the screw was so hard to drive in that the force required stripped the head, leaving the screw only half in with no way to drive it in further, or remove it.

While our little boy likes it, he's a little too small to push himself along, so fitting the optional floor panel seemed a good idea - except it doesn't fit at all! So, alas, the car is retired to the garage until he's a little bigger.

I had wondered if I'd just done something wrong in the process of putting this thing together, seeing as this is such a hugely popular toy with millions sold. Checking the reviews here, it seems it's a common problem due to a change in design. My only advice is, unless you're very confident in DIY, to try and buy one already assembled.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!, 15 Feb 2010
This review is from: Little Tikes Classic Cozy Coupe Ride-on (Toy)
I have twin grandsons aged 23months and a granddaughter aged 11months and I bought one of these cars for them to share at Xmas - my thinking was that to have bought more than 1 would have taken up too much living space! Well, the three of them have literally fought over it so much that I had no choice but to purchase another one! I just know that they will get great fun out of them for years and they are virtually indestructible. Also, this particular model is even better coz it has a floor pan that can be removed and a handle at the back so the floor can be left in and it can then be pushed along. FANTASTIC VALUE FOR MONEY AND CUTE LOOKING TOO!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Little Tikes Classic Cozy Coupe Ride-on (Toy)
Not the easiest toy to assemble. We had vaseline handy to ease the connections as suggested but you need a bit of brute strength!! Took about an-hour-and-a-half. Great end result though. Our 2-year-old loves it! Very robust and definitely worth the money. Would be great to be able to buy a waterproof cover for it so we could keep it in the garden as it's quite large for the house. (Manufacturers take note!) Very pleased with this toy car.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not as hard as it looks!, 29 Jan 2010
This review is from: Little Tikes Classic Cozy Coupe Ride-on (Toy)
Purchased for my 2 year old sons birthday. Delivery was speedy and the coupe was a bargain price. When I initially looked at all the parts in the box, my first reaction was I'll never be able to put that together not having any previous DIY experience. I decided to read some of the reviews of others experiences at putting the car together. They made for interesting reading and were enough to put me off even attempting as most of them were saying that they had never put together anything so difficult and the instructions were impossible to follow. However I decided to give it a go and followed the video instructions which proved invaluable and after a slow two and a half hours the car was constructed. A tip I gained from the reviews was to put vaseleline on the front sections to slot them in (which worked a treat). I would say that I don't think I would have managed to do it if I'd not had the video to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy coupe, 31 July 2014
Nanny Deb (wakefield. west yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Tikes Classic Cozy Coupe Ride-on (Toy)
So pleased with the cosy coupe. Brought it for my Grand Daughters 1st birthday (Sept) so haven't used it yet but I am sure she will love it as much as I do. Love the removable floor plate for younger children and parent handle. Definitely value for money as it will last a good few years.
Would definitely recommend but should shop around as the price varies so much.

Little Tikes Classic Cozy Coupe Ride-on