5.0 out of 5 stars A true classic
Pinocchio has always been regarded as one of Walt Disney's finest, if not finest, animated films by animation historians and film critics alike, and it's good to see that it's finally received a 2 disc DVD version a film if its stature deserves, with a well-made documentary and other rare footage. It's miles better than the one disc Special Edition released a few years...
Published on 10 Mar. 2009 by P. IOANNOU

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT region free!
Published 11 months ago by Eric Navarro

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT region free!, 15 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Pinocchio [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I am a US buyer, the listing says the Blu-Ray is region free. The packaging says it's region A, B, and C. The disc itself has a large region A,B, and C logo in it. I popped it into my Blu-Ray player, it will not work because it says it is NOT region A. I put it in my PS3, same thing. I put it in my computer, same thing. US buyers, do not purchase. and Amazon, please fix the listing and make a note that it is not region free.

5.0 out of 5 stars The pinnacle of Disney's development of the art of animation, 19 Nov. 2000
By A Customer
This film is the most endearing of all Disney's full-length animation features, and, despite its age (it was made in 1940), it still remains fresh with every new viewing. This has as much to do with the perfect characterisations of the main protagonists as it does with the supreme quality of the animation and the picture's beautiful colour. The songs and musical interludes are also mainly memorable (high-lighted by the Oscar-winning and now classic "When You Wish Upon a Star"), but are not overbearing nor an infringement upon the story-telling and the morals and sentiments on which Collodi's fable are based. Some of the scenes, particularly that in the pool-room in which Lampwick mutates into an ass, achieve relevant moods and atmospheres which subsequent animators, even with the benefit of modern techniques, have never approached. With "Fantasia" (also released in 1940), this film marked the pinnacle of the Disney studio's development of the art of movie animation. Whilst the pictures of subsequent years continued to be hailed as classics and to achieve huge commercial success, none have surpassed the freshness, originality and technical innovation of Pinocchio and Fantasia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pinocchio, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pinocchio [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is really nice, I love it! It tells the storey of a toymaker who makes a little wooden puppet and how it comes to life. It tells of the lesson it learns on its quest to become a real boy! Such a nice film!

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely dvd, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pinocchio [DVD] (DVD)
all I can say is amazing as with all Disney films good for all the family of any ages great

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pinocchio [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This along with Dumbo has to be one of my all time favourites. Wonderful story. Magical. Everything you would expect from Disney.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pinocchio [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this for myself ( 49yr old mum and grandmother ) well why not?! I love my Disney too. I used to watch this when my son was just a little boy and now he has children of his own! My grandchildren watch this with me. It's wonderful to share with them the meanings of the story portrayed in the film as they enjoy the magic of Disney.
I would recommend this to any one who likes a good old fashioned favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good family film, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Pinocchio [DVD] (DVD)
This is my sons most favourite film well worth buying. Good value for money, would recommend it to others. Plus really fast delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars An all time Disney classic, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Pinocchio [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
My sons love this all time Disney Classic. A great classic with a great story line which will never date.

5.0 out of 5 stars good film, 13 Dec. 2013
janice (lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinocchio [DVD] (DVD)
the old ones are the best,so they say- you can't dispute this when it comes to disney's film portayal of classic stories- still entertaining to todays youngsters & a film the whole family can watch together

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 12 Dec. 2013
Miss Jane Crampin (kent england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinocchio [DVD] (DVD)
Another brilliant film by Walt Disney.This is one of my 7 year olds favourites service great ,all ready for Christmas

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›

Pinocchio - 3-Disc Platinum Edition [Blu-ray + DVD]
Pinocchio - 3-Disc Platinum Edition [Blu-ray + DVD] by Hamilton Luske (Blu-ray - 2009)