on 9 March 2009
This is the 3rd "No-Cry" book by Elizabeth Pantley that I have read, and like the other two, I have gotten a lot of useful information out of it. I've read many books on baby and toddler sleeping , but I think this one explains the importance of naptime the very best, including the biological and behavioral benefits. It also explains the science of napping and the sleep cycles in detail, which is very important to understand.

The book offers numerous suggestions for a very wide range of nap issues that parents might face with their children. It gives great advice for a lot of very specific problems (such as babies who only nap by falling asleep while nursing) that many of the other sleep books just do not address. I now feel armed with a lot of tools and ideas that I can try the next time my daughter (or next child) has a napping problem. I really wish this book had been available when my daughter was a newborn - it would have really helped me a lot back then.

The book is written in Elizabeth Pantley's customary style: kind, gentle, patient and supportive. Her "No-Cry" approach has always resonated with me, and I think any parent with young children will find this book extremely useful and helpful.
on 17 July 2009
essential purchase for mums who like me do not agree with the cry it out method. Fab advice which works n saves your child becoming traumatised by the other method!
on 4 April 2010
My daughter is 8 months old and I have problems with daytime naps. There are some very useful tips and pieces of advice throughout the book. Helps you understand naps and how to read when one is needed.
on 27 October 2013
I bought this book to help our son sleep through the day. Its quite handy for little hints and tips.
on 1 March 2013
This is a great book with some really useful tips, however if you took the theories and practices to the letter then you would never leave the house with your baby again! Take from it what you will, Elizabeth Pantley writes in such a way that you can just take little or all of her advice and implement it to help your baby sleep better. My baby would t nap at all during the day without being attached to me, now she sleeps for about an hour in her day cot.... But still needs quite a lot of persuasion to actually go to sleep, but thanks to this book I have dealt with that and no longer feel guilty about enjoying shush shush time with my little one whilst getting her off to sleep, it's now just part of the routine. In all a well written and well meaning book with some great advice.
on 12 October 2015
Pantley offers lots of advice and suggestions that you can adapt to suit your own child. This book is great for parents who don't want to be lectured and told there is only one correct way to deal with napping but just need some gentle ideas!
on 7 September 2009
This book does a good job of explaining the dynamics behind infant sleep and is a good stepping stone for understanding what might be keeping your baby from napping. The solutions it advances are not quick easy solutions, but give parents structure for setting up routines and lifestyles that are conducive for naptime.
on 12 May 2013
Excellent book a very gentle approach with lots of practical idea's to help, a truly cry free approach. I would recommend this highly for anyone looking for thoughtful ideas to help your baby nap.
on 22 June 2015
Really good book, I'm glad I got it. Many of the tips work perfectly for me and my dd. It's gentle in approach and no crying! :-D (which I thought would be impossible with my LO)
on 26 August 2013
I was very pleased with the book. Company dealt very quickly with a small complaint about underlining in this book and gave me a full refund. I would be happy to use them again.