5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice on a very wide range of napping issues
This is the 3rd "No-Cry" book by Elizabeth Pantley that I have read, and like the other two, I have gotten a lot of useful information out of it. I've read many books on baby and toddler sleeping , but I think this one explains the importance of naptime the very best, including the biological and behavioral benefits. It also explains the science of napping and the sleep...
Published on 9 Mar 2009 by Mary Hubbard

3.0 out of 5 stars nothing special
I ordered this book, out of desperation for my toddler's nap time problem, hoping that this book can tell me something I didn't read or try before, but nothing was new really. The book focuses more on babies than toddlers, although it tells ,how important a nap is in a child's life aged between newborn to 5 years olds from every developmental view. And all about...
Published 9 months ago by Hajnalka Kovics

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleepless in Staffordshire!, 21 Feb 2009
After being blessed with a wonderful but high-maintenance son with chronic sleep problems, it was with great relief that I came across the works of Elizabeth Pantley and her gentle No-Cry Solution books. As with the No-Cry Sleep Solution book, the No-Cry Nap Solution book presents a multitude of ideas and techniques to help you work on all your child's nap-time problems, allowing you to tailor your approach to your own parenting style and choices.

We have been using this book alongside the No-Cry Sleep Solution book and have noticed some definite improvements in our 7 month old's sleep habits. It's slow progress at times but the patient and nuturing approach is just what we were after and fits perfectly with our attachment parenting style. Kai is now taking consistantly longer naps during the day, from an average 40 minutes to at least an hour and half most days. After reading the Nap Solution book I feel like I have a much better understanding of the way my son's energy levels and behaviour are affected by his day time sleep and a commitment to following Elizabeth's ideas have definitely resulted in a happier, well rested son (and a happier, well rested mummy!).

Don't expect instant results but stick with it and you'll soon see progress! For night time sleep problems I can also whole heartedly recommend the No-Cry Sleep Solution book, and feel the two books work ideally together to tackle sleep issues as a whole.

Thank you Elizabeth for another gem of a book - you are a real life saver in our house and provide a wonderfull antithesis to the endless 'cry it out' advice we are bombarded with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 12 May 2013
Lots of useful tips especially for first time mum whose heart would break if her baby cries. Lots of useful tips and advice on babies sleeping habits. I've learned a lot from the book how to gently teach my baby good sleeping habits. Thanks to this book my 5 months old boy is sleeping in his cot without any "baby gadgets" and no crying!

5.0 out of 5 stars loved the no cry nap solution, 13 Dec 2009
A. Marnell (BELFAST NI) - See all my reviews
As a first time mother, I was delighted to stumble across this book. Firstly, because when I read the title my heart sank.I WAS on the verge of implementing a cry it out solution to getting my baby to sleep all night, and have a nights sleep myself, when i saw this book on amazon.

I have been following Gina fords timetables for sleeping and weaning to the letter. however i just couldnt bring myself to let my baby cry it out.

I was so happy when i found this book, as my daughter had only mild sleep associations which needed to be rectified. This book was the first experience i had of any one telling me there is life outside of the cry it out solution. so many books i have read on childcare seem to say your a bad parent for dying your child a good nights sleep by not sorting out sleep PROBLEMS.

i LIKE THIS BOOK BECAUSE IT TALKS MORE ABOUT SOLUTIONS YOU CAN ACTUALLY PUT INTO PRACTICE AND THEY WORK!

It takes time and patience, but there is something in this book that can help everyone, it is not a one size fits all solution. its more a guide that will help you find what will help your baby

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, must buy book, 11 Mar 2010
P. J. Brown (Newark, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
We don't believe that crying is good for a baby. If you look into the history of this idea you'll find that it has no basis in science (in fact the opposite is true as a baby's stress hormones rise when it is crying). So, faced with a baby whose sleep patterns had suddenly changed from sleeping quite well to waking every hour or so, we didn't know what to do. We came on this book and its companion (The No Cry Sleep Solution) purely by chance when looking for something else. We decided to risk buying them both and I have to say this woman is a genius. Most of her ideas are really simple to use, but you have to keep your eye on the detail (for example when she talks about taking the baby off the nipple when its drowsy we missed the next bit that said to put your finger under baby's chin and gently close the mouth). So if you try something and it doesn't work, go back to the book and check again. This is a great book for people like us who believe there has to be a better way than 'controlled crying' or other such theories. It's not a book for people who are into convenience parenting.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of useful ideas, 17 Feb 2013
This is the only book I've read (so far) from Elizabeth Pantley and I love the idea behind her books. When my son was four months, I decided to start giving him a regular routine in terms of bedtime/waking up time, naps and sleeping in his cot. It was not easy (probably four months is also not the best time to start doing this), but the book helped me focussing on the key issues and gave me many useful ideas. They didn't always work, but the book was definitively helpful and I would recommend it. The website mybabysleepguide.com was also brilliant. At the end of the day, I think it's quite hard avoid crying, but we can certainly try to minimize it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Some babies just don't sleep, 5 Oct 2012
This review is from: The No-Cry Nap Solution: Guaranteed Gentle Ways to Solve All Your Naptime Problems (Pantley) (Kindle Edition)
Like mine. I've been extremely diligent in my adherence to the methods in the book. The Pantley pull off method worked for a few weeks but now it actually causes her to wake up more. The only thing it has managed to do is create an extremely grumpy baby if her routine at night isn't exact and perfect. It means we can't go out after 6.30pm or we must be back home by that time. She has also taken to crying in her sleep which she did not do before. Although the author makes mention that it may take some time, I think 6 months without improvement means that this just doesn't work for us.

3.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could report a great success but..., 3 Sep 2012
Napping solutions may or may not be helping. Pip still refuses to sleep longer than 1h15 white noise/laundry folding and everything. She is taking predicatble naps now but her sleep at night has not improved at all. I've also bought The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night: Foreword by William Sears, M.D. which is also lovely to read but her habits aren't budging. Pip is now 8 months old and I bought the book when she was 4 months. Quite frustrating actually, in some ways her sleep patterns are getting worse with the methods, not better. I still won't do controlled crying so am struggling on. There's a quote in the sleep book that says most babies don't manage to get their diurnal rhythm going until they are 10 months old so I'm living in hope.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best sleep books out there, 13 Aug 2011
This book was great gave me an overview of ideas and the science behind babies sleep wish I had read it years ago, one of my most leant out books.

2.0 out of 5 stars not too many solutions - more a few ideas you've probably heard and tried already, 6 Oct 2010
Stephanie Pearce (London) - See all my reviews
I was really looking forward to this as didn't like the cry it out method. But it doesn't really give a solution. It starts by saying you should write down their sleep pattern for about a week (as if I have the time or patience to do this after weeks of no sleep myself!). And it gives huge lists of things you have probably tried already. I just found it frustrating. In the end, we just got in a pattern of rocking him to sleep as it only took about 10-15 mins and worked for us. He only woke once or twice for milk and that just stopped gradually - down to once at 4am by about 7 months and stopped about 10-11 months, unless teething badly.

I just think you can get all hooked up in the attachment parenting thing if you aren't careful. Attachment parenting is fine if you live with or near lots of family (or a commune!). But if you get too into it (the whole 'don't put them down, never let them cry ever etc) then it is unworkable and exhausting for you all. So tread carefully. Go with your own instincts as to what is best for your family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amy j, 1 Mar 2013
This is a great book with some really useful tips, however if you took the theories and practices to the letter then you would never leave the house with your baby again! Take from it what you will, Elizabeth Pantley writes in such a way that you can just take little or all of her advice and implement it to help your baby sleep better. My baby would t nap at all during the day without being attached to me, now she sleeps for about an hour in her day cot.... But still needs quite a lot of persuasion to actually go to sleep, but thanks to this book I have dealt with that and no longer feel guilty about enjoying shush shush time with my little one whilst getting her off to sleep, it's now just part of the routine. In all a well written and well meaning book with some great advice.