5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice on a very wide range of napping issues
This is the 3rd "No-Cry" book by Elizabeth Pantley that I have read, and like the other two, I have gotten a lot of useful information out of it. I've read many books on baby and toddler sleeping , but I think this one explains the importance of naptime the very best, including the biological and behavioral benefits. It also explains the science of napping and the sleep...
Published on 9 Mar 2009 by Mary Hubbard

3.0 out of 5 stars nothing special
I ordered this book, out of desperation for my toddler's nap time problem, hoping that this book can tell me something I didn't read or try before, but nothing was new really. The book focuses more on babies than toddlers, although it tells ,how important a nap is in a child's life aged between newborn to 5 years olds from every developmental view. And all about...
Published 11 months ago by Hajnalka Kovics

3.0 out of 5 stars a good read but.., 2 Oct 2010
really found this book written in a non-patronising/preachy tone- the author is very knowledgeable and admits to co-sleeping and feeding her baby to sleep, and making all the 'mistakes' that other baby sleep books warn against, and suggests a series of ideas that you can pick or choose as you think best. Having said that her solutions are for the VERY patient. The harsh truth is that the 'no cry' solutions do mean waiting 6-8 weeks for any noticeable results and I have to say for me the solutions seemed to be making no difference and taking way too long. Be very, very patient as although the book is full of case studies and testimonials waxing lyrical about their babies sleeping through the night, if you research on parenting forums etc it is very tough to find any real successes using these methods...

4.0 out of 5 stars no -cry not possible, 27 Jun 2014
Lots of interesting and relevant facts and some good ideas. However if you have a little baby with a big personality, you may go crazy if you're trying to eliminate all crying, especially if the reason you bought this book is over tired-ness!

2.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: The No-Cry Nap Solution: Guaranteed Gentle Ways to Solve All Your Naptime Problems (Pantley) (Kindle Edition)
It really states the obvious, and repeats the statements over and over. Sorry I bought it and more sorry about the time I wasted reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Company very helpful, 26 Aug 2013
I was very pleased with the book. Company dealt very quickly with a small complaint about underlining in this book and gave me a full refund. I would be happy to use them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Super advise, 6 Aug 2013
I loved it! The author is great and has helped me very much!!! It made me understand that everything depends on the specific family and nothing is fixed!

4.0 out of 5 stars It helped a lot, 20 Jun 2013
This book helped to almost get him to be a great sleeper but after a few months (he came a long way) he still wouldn't go to sleep still awake so we had to do a bit of CIO, he only cried for a few minutes a couple of nights which I never expected. I still refer to the book for tips on getting his naps and how much sleep he should be having.

5.0 out of 5 stars no cry nap solutions, 12 May 2013
Excellent book a very gentle approach with lots of practical idea's to help, a truly cry free approach. I would recommend this highly for anyone looking for thoughtful ideas to help your baby nap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 1 Feb 2013
Very informative and easy to understand. A compassionate approach which is flexible enough to be child centred. Includes some excellent ideas and a super alternative to 'cry it out' approaches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas, 25 April 2012
This book really helped me understand what was going on inside my little boys head. It gives a really clear description of specific problems that makes you realise you are not alone. For inexperienced mums like me or mums who have never had a baby that just won't sleep I say buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars refreshing and reassuring, 2 Aug 2011
This book is not a quick fix, rather it is a compilation of solutions to some potential problems that can arise with naps. My son now naps having been a nap refuser, and although he often nurses to sleep we are using suggestions from the book to ensure that this is not always the case. It is a good book for helping you identify problems and sympathetically try to find a solution without a lot of crying.