on 31 October 2009
Item easy to fit onto window which will be great if we ever have to use it in an emergency, stores neatly by the window when not in use.
on 2 May 2009
I hope I never need to use it, but the ladder is very compact, with simple instructions and can apparently be re-used, so we can practise with it soon.
on 13 October 2011
Item as described but only noticed after opening that you cannot use it from a window directly above another window which is about 90% of most house windows.
on 29 March 2013
We have a two-story house and we all sleep upstairs (most of the time) so this gives an added sense of security
on 22 March 2016
I'm yet to use this (though I have pondered around the thought of climbing out the window of my first floor flat, more than certain giving the neighbours below a heart attack as I 'spider-man' past them as they causually sit watching the 6 o'clock news about local burgularies) but the build quality seems extremely robust. Fingers crossed the only purpose it supplies me with is taking up room in my hallway cupborad.
on 8 August 2014
This is the best escape ladder I have seen, so I bought two - one for the 2nd floor and one for the third floor. The sturdy ladder is well made and I have tested it to check the length and quality of fittings. The instructions supplied are clear and informative. My family now has an escape plan in the event of fire. every house with a 2nd floor and above should have an escape ladder. I remember the harrowing news items of people hanging out of windows trying to escape a burning building. Hopefully, we will never need to use the ladders and fire extinguishers or hear the loud smoke detectors. we have at least one smoke detector in every room and two in the kitchen. We also have a smoke detector above the tumble dryer.
Cannot be too safe where fire at 3 am in the morning is concerned.
on 27 January 2016
I have never had to use it and I hope I never will. It looks well made and easy to deploy. I recommend that you take it out of the box and familiarise yourself with it before use. It does say not to use above windows below.
on 3 October 2015
Did not fit my windows and became stuck trying them. Sent back. They did seem sturdy however, but I would imagine that they could get tangles quite easily, which would be a danger in a fire.
on 21 April 2015
Hope we never need to use it, essential for me though as I am afraid of heights so could never jump out of a window!!
on 19 September 2015
Never used it in action and hope never to have to do so but it looks well built and is neat