4.0 out of 5 stars First one was a dud but the replacement works fine
This is the fifth battery I've had from Ex-Pro for different cameras and they've all worked just as well of the original manufacturer's battery. This time the battery I was send didn't work, it was completely dead, I returned it and the replacement is working great.

Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Ex Pro Fuji Finepix NP-50 Lithium Battery
Published on 19 Mar. 2010 by Mr. James Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Ex Pro Fuji Finepix NP-50 Lithium Battery, 19 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Ex-Pro High Power Plus+ Lithium Ion Digital Camera Replacement Battery for Fujifilm FinePix NP-50 (Accessory)
I purchased this battery to supplement the one that came with my new camera and had an early opportunity to test both of them on a recent trip to the Scottish Highlands where we took loads of photographs. I know that new lithium batteries can be a bit dodgy until they "settle down" after a few charges, but my initial view is that on its first outing (despite having been fully charged on a charger that was supplied with the camera), this battery via Amazon performed very poorly compared with the one supplied by Fuji. On one trip I managed to take only a couple of dozen pictures before it died on me and I was glad I had re-charged the original battery and had it with me (the original battery easily coped with several hundred pictures in similar conditions). Maybe it will improve the more I use it but it seems strange that I didn't experience the same problem with the original (and unused) battery. Time will tell but I won't buy another one unless I become more favourably impressed with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product description, 23 Feb. 2011
What the description doesn't tell you and what appears to be the editing out of the battery's capacity on the pictures doesn't show is that it's in fact only 1000mAh. No it's not that expensive and yes, there are even lower capacity NP50 batteries on the market but I find the 'High capacity','High Power Plus' description a bit optimistic.

3.0 out of 5 stars NP-50 Lithium Ion battery for Finepix compact camera, 21 Oct. 2012
I have used this product for about a year, using it alternatively with the battery supplied in the camera. It's charge doesn't seem to last as long as that of the Finepix labelled battery; maybe only two-thirds that of the Finepix battery. Sorry I haven't kept records.

4.0 out of 5 stars First one was a dud but the replacement works fine, 18 Mar. 2014

Before you are put off by this experience I should say that Ex-Pro accepted the return without issue and sent me, via email, a Freepost return label. My replacement was shipped the day after they received my original battery so credit where credit is due and this is reflected in my star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the official batteries, at a fraction of the cost, 26 Jun. 2010
I have owned 2 of the official batteries, and 2 of these 'cheaper' batteries for over a year now, and I can only highly recommend these ones.
Both batteries take more or less exactly the same number of photos on a single charge, with or without flash, and I've had no problems with them at all.
The only minor issue is whilst the remaining charge shown on my camera gradually decreases for the official batteries, these batteries go from showing full to empty in about 10 shots. However as I said, it still takes the same number of photos as the official one, so it's never a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value - just the ticket!, 7 Jun. 2009
B. Griffiths "Keen reviewer" (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This is the generic versiosn of the Fuji branded battery. Buy it. Why spend five times the amount on the branded product when this does exactly the same job! I have one of each and there's no difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power to the People!, 23 Dec. 2009
Does exactly what it does on the tin! Might look cheap but cheap it certainly is not.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 7 Aug. 2012
Nedward "Ned3" (Scotland UK Europe) - See all my reviews
I've charged it 3 times and it seems to contain as much charge as the original battery at a fraction of the cost. It fits the camera and charger well, and performs as well as the original. I completely recommend it. The camera I used it for goes through batteries quickly, so having a back up is always useful, and this is a small price to pay for the assurance of having power when needed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed so far, 7 Mar. 2010
I've previously bought a generic lithium-ion battery for another camera and it was fantastic - easily as good as the branded one. However, this one, even though I've followed all the instructions about charging it first and so on, has so far proved to be a disappointment and with my camera isn't lasting much more than around 15-20 photographs, whereas the branded battery is doing more like 100+. And no, I'm not looking at the photos after I've taken them, I'm using it as minimally as possible. To be honest, I'm not that happy. I bought my previous generic from a computer site and might have been better to go back to it and pay a bit more. In fact, I probably will, and keep this one only for dire emergencies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 6 Aug. 2012
John Bean (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
Unlike some cheaper no-name Chinese batteries this one fits, charges and lasts just as long as the Fuji original I got with my X10.

I'm not normally a fan of very cheap camera battery "equivalents" having had some bad experiences, but at the price I thought I'd give this one a try - and I'm glad I did. Bargain.