Format: DVD|Change

on 2 May 2009
I've seen Stomp Live twice at the theatre and loved it. This DVD was recorded in Brighton during the last UK tour and captures the brilliance, energy and innovation of this talented group of performers. My two children, aged 7 and 5, ask to watch it over and over again. Fantastic! I'm keeping an eye on our local theatre listings for the return of Stomp - but until then, I can enjoy this DVD!
on 13 November 2012
The recording of STOMP's live performance in Brighton 2008 is a godsend for us, Dutchies, as their European tours are sold out within a drum flourish. If a mere DVD lets you in, clapping and yelling with those incredible guys and gals, how much better it would be if you're part of a live audience! I was astounded to learn from Wiki that they have no less than five troups who - like Cirque du Soleil - whirl and stomp around the world. And, just as with the Cirque, they even have their own theatre in Las Vegas, competing with the only other percussion group in their class worth mentioning: Blue Man.
This show recording is extremely good and also incredibly funny. Watch the Jamaican guy in a hilarious session with the others using newspapers in a way you could not even begin to image. Or their act with zippo's, matchboxes, broomsticks.... what am I talking! Get that DVD! It's incredible good (with tons of funny extras) and extremely noisy. Forget the neighbours (or invite them) and arrange a house party around them!
on 18 November 2009
Brought this DVD after going to see the stage show in London and I have to say it is every bit as enjoyable as the show. Got the kids to join in with the interactive clapping (you have to watch the DVD) and they thoroughly enjoyed it.
Just have to hope the show goes on tour again & comes near to me.
on 2 March 2012
Having caught their show for the first time in France with one of my daughters, I wanted to get a copy for her for Christmas, as we were both totally blown away by it, and my daughter said that she thought all of her friends should see the show. Well, totally amazing, great sound quality and for us, the added extra of seeing different performers doing their own "Stomp" thing (the UK troupe is not the same as the one touring France/Europe), absolutely charming as each performer has their own "thing", so the same and at the same time different from the live show we saw, with a couple of extra bits that they didn't do in France. All in all, a non-stop explosion of percussion, dance and humour.
on 29 May 2014
Delighted with my purchase, and the DVD arrived ahead of schedule, even though I had considered
using the ' pick up system ' from a local shop. The DVD was posted through my letter box.
I needed the DVD to arrive on time as I was conducting a 'Creative Dance and Drama 'workshop.
I was inspired by some of the content in the 'Stomp' live show, and I incorporated some of the ideas
within my workshop. Many thanks Jill
on 30 October 2013
If you have already come across Stomp then you will know what to expect. If you have not and you like the Michael Flatley or Fred Astaire style of music and dance entertainment then this is probably not for you. However if you like your dance to be original, energetic and full of fun, then I would thoroughly recommend you watch this.
on 21 May 2013
This was on Sky TV recently.
I missed the first part, but what I saw of the rest was utterly fascinating.
I just HAD to buy the official DVD to get it all in one go with no adverts.
Loved the "victim" character, bless him.
Before I receive it, what are the DVD "extras"?
on 26 May 2015
Lively and exhilarating... What a great way for youths to let off steam. This should be in every town. Better that standing on a street corner. No fancy or expensive equipment required, though I bet you go through a fair number of brooms etc.... Youth activity organisers take note....
on 6 January 2015
Well impressed with this DVD - purchased on spec, had only heard about this group, but very pleased with this purchase as this concert is very entertaining and humourous throughout. So impressed, I bought another copy as a present - recipients equally pleased and entertained.
on 6 October 2012
I love stomp, seen them a few times and seen this on dvd and had to get it. Its a really good show with lots of funny moments, have seen it a few times since i got it. Delivary was good, cant fault it. I recommend this to anyone!