5.0 out of 5 stars Best bike lights I've ever used
This review is somewhat overdue given that I purchased this item over 3 years ago, however after seeing that it only has 3 stars I felt I should share my own experience with the light.

I purchased this and a KNOG Beetle Front LED light on 22nd August 2010 and have been using them on several bikes since. I cycle to work at least one day a week in all weather,...
Published 18 months ago by Rob H

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't get it wet
Very good light but not suitable for wet conditions. silicon case is not water tight and the unit inside is not sealed so once water gets in the contact for switching it off and on becomes very unreliable. I don't run mudguards but thought being on the seat post it should have been able to cope. Suspect even with mudguards water would get in. Have anoter knog on the...
Published on 11 Oct. 2011 by spoinged

1.0 out of 5 stars Light failed to work, 24 Feb. 2013
The light is a good design but very poorly made. When I first got it changed batteries and it worked okay after 1 ride in dampconditions it rusted in 48 hours and would not work - threw it way.

1.0 out of 5 stars Switch fails when wet - useless., 1 Feb. 2013
The switch stopped working (permanently) when it gets wet - so this is a waste of money if you live in the UK! According to reviews on other sites this is a common complaint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab and very bright, 19 Mar. 2011
Fab product. Super easy to put on and off, so ideal for using when around town. It is also very bright, making it very visible in all situations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Style over substance, 11 Aug. 2013
Looks good, easy to fit can talke off and on very easily but i have far more capable lights for the same or less money.

5.0 out of 5 stars good light!, 30 Jan. 2013
i got this light as my old one broke!
this one is way brighter than my old catseye back light!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Rear Bright Saftey Light............, 9 Jan. 2011
Mr. Neil E. Hill "Chilled music lover" (Nottinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This 4 LED rear light is spot on. All the LED's are angled within the case,so when mounted to the rear of the bike point slightly upwards where they can be seen more clearly by motorists following you. The more lights the more lightly you will be seen. Easy to fit with it's intuitive design, just wrap it round the seat post and that's it, no screws or nuts to worry about, mounting takes just seconds. Well made,silicone rubber casing, waterproof, pretty well shockproof. Easy access to the switch with 6 different modes. Small, easy to remove and fits into your pocket or bag.Well priced, good value and a good rear bright safety light.Reputable company. Would highly recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars not very secure, 17 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Knog Skink 4 Led Rear Light (Sports)
I was very pleased with my purchase initially, the light is very bright and easy to attach/detach - however, perhaps a little easy to detach as I discovered after embarking on a night ride home, confidently cycling in the knowledge that I was fully illuminated only to find out when I got home that the light had popped off somewhere on route. I was sure it was attached securely but it is now lost forever, dimly blinking in a gutter somewhere. RIP. (although, I still like the product and will probably give it a second chance and reluctantly buy a replacement)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Knog Skink 4 Led Rear Light (Sports)
Rubbish - stopped working first time out on a wet road - not even raining!

1.0 out of 5 stars Only worked for few weeks. I don't recommend it, 6 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Knog Skink 4 Led Rear Light (Sports)
The first weeks worked fine. After the 4th week I was having difficulties turning it off. I used it under raining conditions and the second time water got in, I managed to dry it and it worked afterwards. After a week or two it stop working altogether. There are no rust parts therefore I don't believe the rain damaged it.

I wont buy the brand ever. I have had cheap lights that have last longer under all conditions.

Total waste of money

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke., 23 Nov. 2010
After purchasing the knog skink i impressed with the light on how bright it was and the functions, unfourtuatly a month later it has stopped working, ive changed batteries twice to no avail. The light has not been damaged or got wet. I might just be unlucky because it is a great light, but overall not happy.....

Knog Skink 4 Led Rear Light - Red