Size: 60 cm Blade Length|Style Name: 500 W|Change

on 24 July 2010
The product is great. Much better than previous hedge cutter. The length of the cutter makes all the difference. Cuts down the work time considerably.
on 20 August 2015
Really good product and I am very pleased with it, both in terms of value for money and functionality. Obviously not quite as handy as a cordless trimmer, but so much more powerful. I was little anxious about some of the negative reviews about cutting out after so long, but I have not experienced this. I imagine it is a case of 'horses for courses' and if you use it beyond its capability then obviously you risk the appliance struggling. I use this in a small garden for hedge and small tree trimming and try not to ask it to tackle branches that are too thick etc. On the basis of my experience I would recommend this product, especially at the price I paid (around £35).
on 15 June 2012
this product gave satisfactory service for 3 uses. After that it stopped working after about 10 minutes use. It had to be left for 10-15 minutes until it would work again for another 10 minutes. I could not in all honesty recommend this product.
on 11 October 2010
THIS IS GREAT FOR LONG WAIST HEIGHT CUTTING BUT ANYTHING BELOW IS AWKWARD. THE CUT IS EXCELLENT BUT I FOUND IT VERY TOP HEAVY.GREAT FOR LONG SWEEPS.BRILLIANT FOR LEVEL TOPPING.BIG IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!!!!
on 3 January 2013
Fantastic machine, but as said in the words, it is a little heavy and a wee bit noisey. But it does the job with ease including thickish branches.
on 14 June 2013
Personally, after my experience of Flymo I will NEVER touch any of their products again ! Only about 5 uses and dead as a dodo. BUYER BEWARE ! I emailed Flymo and got no response from their customer care .. more like customer don't care !
on 20 March 2016
Bought this machine about 18 mths from BQ and used very little and probably 30 mins of running time, it continually looses power after 5 mins and then starts to cut out and needs to be left a long time before it runs properly then the same happens. Been onto Flymo this week and have been told to take it to a repairer at my cost, also after my further replies I was told the same but also as the model serial number states that it was a 2013 even though I bought it late 2014 it would not be covered under any good will gestures. Seems to me they are taking the 2013 date as part of there guarantee with the good will gesture time, been looking at other reviews and the same is happening to others, this machine is very heavy after a few minutes and arm aching and I am well able to handle heavy tools, you have been warned.
on 26 March 2012
The trimmers were very good at cutting up to half an inch. But machine became very heavy after about 5 minutes. If you are not too strong in the arms I would go for a lighter machine like the 400xt.
on 10 December 2012
Brill item does the job it said it would do, I would recommend this item to anyone, very good machine.
on 21 July 2010
The extra long handle does make it easier to reach greater lengths although you cant just hold the very end. You still need to activate the starter with your left hand slightly further forwards. Still...a good easy to use machine.