5.0 out of 5 stars JML Iron Gym Chin-Up Bar
Published on 29 Aug. 2012 by Tomo

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING - COUNTERFEIT PRODUCT!
Published 4 months ago by Top Cat

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING - COUNTERFEIT PRODUCT!, 4 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Iron Gym Xtreme Pull-Up Bar - Silver (Sports)
I did not receive a genuine Iron Gym Xtreme, but instead a low quality counterfeit product. Although the box is a very close copy of the original, it is obvious from the shoddy quality of the parts that something is amiss (dangerously cheap fixings, also black rather than silver). The instruction leaflet refers to it as a "Medicarn Door Bar Pull Up Gym". Avoid!

My box also included a smashed CD-RW, but I doubt it contained anything worthwhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars JML Iron Gym Chin-Up Bar, 29 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Iron Gym Xtreme Pull-Up Bar - Silver (Sports)
Having searched a variety of chin-up bars for a number of months the general consensus among reviews led me to believe that either this or the P90X chin-up bar was the one to go for. Many reviews were saying the the P90X version was made of plastic and did not feel very comfortable, while an equal amount of said of the Iron Gym bar that it did not feel sturdy. Reluctantly I opted for the Iron Gym purely based on price, and I was not disappointed with the product. I ordered this item about 1am on a Monday, the item arrived by DPD on the Wednesday, it took about 10 minutes to put the bar together, including instruction-reading time, I've had it up there permanently since July and I have not had to tighten any of the nuts since. I'm just over 13st, and while there are a few minor creaks, it's certainly nothing to cause concern. I would definitely recommend this, either as a stand-alone workout, or particularly used as part of the P90X home workout programme.

5.0 out of 5 stars does exactly what it says, 14 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Iron Gym Xtreme Pull-Up Bar - Silver (Sports)
it's simple and excellent. easy to build and set up on almost any door.
provides multiple handles so you can switch and excercise different muscle groups with ease.
attaches and removes in seconds and leaves no damage to the door.

not much more to add, great product ffor a good price or anyone who wants a pullup bar at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars great piece of kit, 9 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Iron Gym Xtreme Pull-Up Bar - Silver (Sports)
great piece of kit. fits in my car and i take it to hotels with me when I work away. brilliant for a full upper body workout!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Iron Gym Xtreme Pull-Up Bar - Silver (Sports)
Sturdy and easy to install. Use this 3 to 4 times a week and so far its been a great training tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend to, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Iron Gym Xtreme Pull-Up Bar - Silver (Sports)
Does what is says in the description, I would recommend to others

1.0 out of 5 stars broke first time i used it!, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Iron Gym Xtreme Pull-Up Bar - Silver (Sports)
Broke first time i used it, snapped in middle.

could have potentially been been dangerous but luckily i was careful.

Only managed a couple chin ups before it broke. Would visit a fitness shop next time and spend the extra money to make sure it was good quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product / Bought mainly for wide grip pull ups, 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Iron Gym Xtreme Pull-Up Bar - Silver (Sports)
After much searching through various pull up bars I settled on this, mainly because it's one of the few that has a wide grip pull up bars to get to the lats, very few offer this. I also read the previous review and made the decision. it took 20mins to put together very simple very strudy the bar then sits onto two brackets that are on the other side of the door way so you can unhook it simply and stow it away, it works well and even on a plaster board partition wall door frame it's fine (use Plastic whirlies if using on plaster board)

All in all 10/10!

3.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BUT DOESNT FIT :(, 2 April 2012
Item is great

Does everything it is supposed to however it doesn't fit on my door-frame

I have tried it on larger door frames in my house but still no luck

Other than that it is great for doing press ups (push ups)

Sit ups are great and easy to do

Other exercises are easy to perform

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality, 21 July 2012
This review is from: Iron Gym Xtreme Pull-Up Bar - Silver (Sports)
I decided to go vegan a few months back and have shed loads of weight as a result (lighter now than when I was 16! Full of beans! Highly recommended) so I'm very lean for my 6'2" @ 12 stone dead and as a result of a badly broken neck 2 years ago (and being a bit lazy since) I've never quite regained my full muscle tone. So I finally decided to make time for a home workout routine to make the most of my new slim self and I was really looking forward to the arrival of the Iron Gym Xtreme to add some key moves.

I ordered this particular item as my Victorian house has larger than normal doorways so needs a 900mm span which this item can just about do. It only just fits the frame depth too so I was quite relieved. Assembly is ABC.

BUT... 1st trial and straight away its obvious by the creaking noises and visual strain/movement that this frame is not strong enough for purpose. I'm taking it easy and it's bending!

Paint has been removed from the frame on both sides and the middle bar looks bent now. Also it isn't deep enough as I cant use some of the grips due to it being too close to the door frame. Its quite ugly too!

I'll use it until it breaks or I may modify it. In future I'll stick with Amazon Prime items, no hassle sending things back then, I'm stuck with this which is annoying. Cant win them all I guess.

Iron Gym Xtreme Pull-Up Bar - Silver