on 7 January 2013
Despite what everyone's saying this product does work! I use it a few times a day when i'm keeping active and also when i'm on my exercise bike for an hour. I've used it for 3 days and my 'muffin tops' have drastically reduced in size, I am less bloated and have lost alot of water weight also.
The belt makes you sweat an incredible amount - Which isn't a bad thing as long as you're drinking enough fluid.

The material and elastic do come apart from eachother but this does not effect how the product works. It's very good value for money and is effective, though in a month or two I may get another one due to the fabric peeling off.

EAT HEALTHY, DRINK ALOT OF FLUID, EXERCISE AND THIS BELT WILL WORK!
on 7 October 2012
i bought this item about 3 weeks ago and it is now in the bin...the fabric that holds the velcro on completely fell apart and then the rubber underneath somehow tore and fell apart....dont waste your money..
on 1 July 2011
As a personal trainer my clients ask me about similar products to this one. I think that rather than telling them what I have read and claims about the product it is more fair to try it myself.

I think the belt is very good as it offers great lower back support (although not its main intention) makes you loose ALLOT of excess water around your waist and improves posture slightly during workouts by making you more aware of your core.

I mix my workouts up beween mountain running and weight training and this product is the only thing that stays the same. Been using for a month now - not massive results but give it a go as I think it definately helps (along with a good diet and excercise program) I think people expect miracles with similar products but there is no substitute for hard work.

This means that it wont work if you eat a takeaway, wear it to walk the dog and expect a six pack.

For the price I would recommened it to anyone.
22 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 January 2016
I originally bought this belt to see if it would help with my plans to lose weight. I don't do much in the way of exercise and, perhaps unsurprisingly, I can't say I noticed any difference. So I have come to the conclusion that the 'Slimmer' element of this belt is intended for people who are trying to lose weight through exercise & careful diet. It probably won't have much effect unless you are prepared to 'put in the hours'. It definitely seems to contain the perspiration and presumably makes you sweat more so I can see how this could lead to weight loss under the right circumstances.

However, I have had mild lower back pain for quite a long time which I have always put it down to poor posture and getting older. Recently, it got to the point where I thought I would see if any of the support belts around helped. As I already had an Everlast, I decided to give it a go and it definitely helps me, especially when I am doing a lot of bending and lifting (eg in the garden).

The belt itself doesn't last forever though. In my case, the velcro doesn't stick properly any more. I would say I had around 6 months of daily use before replacing it and at the current price of £6, I can live with that. It helps if you can actually wrap it directly on the skin but in some cases neoprene can cause an allergic reaction in which case it will have to be put over clothing. I am fortunate to have had no such reactions.

Overall, my first one wore out quicker than expected and I am also unconvinced about its effectiveness as a weight loss aid. However, as it only cost £6 it is difficult to complain. Had it been marketed as a back support, I would have given 5 stars but in the meantime I'm sticking with 4 stars.
on 28 June 2009
great to support your back. Been using it when running and at the gym. HAs increased the amount I sweat. Only problem is you get a big wet patch just above your bum where the sweat escapes!

Not sure it is actually making me slimmer but its helping my posture
on 16 September 2015
I really love this product. My gut is where i struggle to lose weight and this makes me sweat from just walking. I've recommended it to lots of my friends who have also been happy with their results.

Remember you won't achieve a good weight loss from just exercising and a poor diet. How you look is 70% of what you eat and 30% of what you do in the gym but you must be committed at 100% in both.
on 19 March 2016
This is the second time I'm purchasing this belt. I had the first one for about 3/4 months and it's now wearing away. This isn't my only form of slimming, I go to the gym at least 4 times a week, I do intermittent fasting (16/8) and only eat junk food on Sunday evenings as my cheat meal. This belt is a great accompaniment to my routine and I wear it to bed and feel my waist is visibly slimmer the next morning. My measurements are 35 - 26 - 39 and I wouldn't repurchase this belt if it wasn't adding something to my workouts. This should not be your only source of slimming, if you don't work out and eat right then you're wasting your time, stop looking for short cuts, this belt may shed some of your water weight but if you're just going to have a burger/ chips/ biscuits/ fizzy drink etc. the next day then you've literally just made any weight loss irrelevant. Don't wrap it too tight because it can pinch and some people have compained about blisters.
on 8 January 2014
Good belt for when at the gym. Not sure what it does but when taken off it comes away with a bucket of sweat. Surprisingly satisfying although gross for other. Wouldn't recommend using while engaging in yoga or anything that involves laying down as it makes fart noises because of the curves of your body and air escaping
on 22 November 2009
This product is brillient it helps reduce water weight to get the ideal six pac you must use it wen you exercise not just round the house.
on 15 January 2012
I have used this belt for one week now and can report that it is not even worth its price. The material is cheap quality and the belt doesn't last for long enough to be worth its price. I can't recommend it to anyone seriously looking for a real slimmer belt.