on 8 November 2012
Every track on the CD was well played. The standard of musicianship would probably have meant that any of these men could have played in a symphony orchestra if they so wished. But the choice of tracks left me wondering - and also merging of two or more unrelated pieces into one track. I ordered it for the "Last Post" which is the most important piece at any act of remembrance. This is track 18. I would have liked this to be the first tack or near the front.
on 25 September 2012
The recording is wonderful. You can hear everything and the band really do give of their
very best. Deeply moving in parts and it took me some time to come back to the every day World
after listening. I have a very good hifi system and the drums were right there in the room with me.
on 14 November 2010
Great mixture of pre-Remembrance Day Saturday night at Royal Albert Hall followed by the Cenotaph on Sunday.
Anyone who enjoys rousing, stirring, soul-touching music played with real passion by gifted musicians who capture all of what the occasion is about will love this.
on 12 December 2013
It was very good value for the money and we used it for our Armistice parade.Would purchase similar if needed
on 28 December 2015
As ex HM Armed Forces and a member of my Regiments Drums Platoon, I do of course love all military music, thank you The Band of The Irish Guards. from a vet, 1 WFR.
on 20 March 2015
Very impressive and stirring music and, of course, evocative of Remembrance tide.
on 25 November 2015
Music that is great to listen to all year round not just Rememberence Day
on 24 January 2015
This is an excellent CD for lovers of Military marching band music.
on 5 November 2014
Excellent recording and ideal for the purpose intended.
on 22 October 2014
Brilliant album, a true tribute to our fallen heros.