4.0 out of 5 stars Compatability
Bought these for my ipod but only found out once i'd got them that they don't work with all ipods, i.e. the controls and mic bit. They are however, supported on ipod classic, but not the 80GB (the one I have) but are supported for the 120G classic. They are supported on ipod touch, and the iphone but there is no mention of support for other models. Hope that helps...
Published on 8 Mar 2009 by JR1978

1.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous.
Published 22 months ago by Adam Hunt

1.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous., 17 Nov 2012
I bought these earphones for around £4 and thought it was a great deal as the product title read: "GENUINE Apple Headphones / Earphones For iPhone 4S / With Remote Mic" emphasis on the word "GENUINE" here. Let me just start by rating the the earphones themselves, the earphones are nowhere near a genuine apple product and the fact that amazon allow them to label their product this way is appalling. Granted they were only £4 but what a complete waste of money. This product is the first in the list when you enter into Amazon "genuine apple headphones". They look pretty similar to apple headphones although if you have owned earphones made by apple before it will be quite obvious to you that these are in fact fake. This wouldn't be much of a problem to me if the sound quality was at least listenable but it is terrible also, so quiet and you can barely hear the bass in any way. Also, the volume buttons on the earphones did not work with my iPhone 4 which wasn't much of a surprise. I also expect them to break in the near future given the nature of the product, cheap and deceitful. The service was not so great either, i did pick super saver delivery as i thought it would be a tad ridiculous if the price of the postal service was half that of the product. The product did not arrive for 7 days even though i was promised a "3-5 day delivery". Main point, Amazon please sort this out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not anywhere close to being "Genuine" Apple products., 7 Aug 2012
T. Loram "T." (Plymouth) - See all my reviews
Just a word of warning to potential purchasers, just received my earphones which were label's as "GENIUNE Apple Headphones". Sadly, it is quite clear before even plugging them in and checking out the sound quality that they are definitely NOT genuine apple products.

1 - The rubber material around the outside of each earphone rim that is supposed to cushion the rim against your ear is in actual fact not rubber, but solid plastic (like in genuine sets).

2 - The cable tidy that slides down the two earphones cables does not fit flush against the base (like in genuine sets).

3 - The remote is noticeably a lower quality level of plastic when compared to official sets and uses a different shade of grey.

4 - Upon pluging in the earphones and listening for a few seconds, the audio quality is very tinny, a distinct lack of base when compared to genuine sets.

So, at the end of the day, these earphones still let you listen to your music, however they are significantly inferior to official apple headphones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away, cheap knock-off, no volume control. Amazon should not support this seller., 11 May 2011
Philipp Kohl "phil" (Munich, Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Earphones with Remote & Mic (Electronics)
This seller should clearly not be supported by Amazon, unless they do not care too much about their reputation. The product is a cheap knock-off, not only is the mic not working on 2 out of 4 earphones I ordered, it is not even the model as shown in the pictures and advertised (no volume control!!), the rubber cable covering was ripped on one of the earphones and it has stopped working properly since, after 3 days use. Stay away from this seller!

If you have had similar experiences (and you probably will have, unless you are employed by the seller in order to provide positive reviews), please like this review and keep it on top, as a warning for other buyers, so they don't fall in this trap. thanks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful product...., 20 Jun 2012
Mr. S. Lawson "He-man" (brixton-new york, canada) - See all my reviews
"I opened them, plugged them in and they didn't work. I knew buying cheap would not pay off for me. I have now sent them back and waiting for a full refund. I will return at a later date to give my final opinion on this dreadful product. "

My follow up on this situation: I received another pair of headphones promptly. I can hear music when I play it but when I use the headphones for phone calls people on the other side of the line can't hear me. So my final verdict is that the customer service was very good but the product (headphones) still aren't quite up to scratch.

Three days later and they've stopped working completely. Did I do something wrong in a previous life!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars sucks, 18 Jun 2012
Tragic option.I saw that something did not work properly from the first minute i put them on my phone.Right after third time i tried to listen some tracks,I put them in the rubbish bin. Completely useless. You must be ashamed of that product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst headphones ever!, 21 Jun 2011
Acestepper (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Earphones with Remote & Mic (Electronics)
I have bought numerous headphones from different sellers. This one is by far the worst I have ever used. I used the product once and afterwards, one headphone stopped working all together and the second's casing came apart. Also the volume control buttons didnt respond. DO NOT buy this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not official headphones, 1 Aug 2012
Definitely not official iPhone headphones. People are saying they sound great, the ones I have certainly don't. Furthermore, my left earphone is cracked and I can pull it apart. If I didn't need a cheap set desperately for my holiday in a couple of days I'd send them back! Will be odering a pair from Apple when I return.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compatability, 8 Mar 2009
This review is from: Earphones with Remote & Mic (Electronics)

Can't review the functionality of the microphone, or the controls as wouldn't work on mine, but the sound quality is exactly the same as the standard plugs that come with the ipod and are the same shape when fitting inside your ear.

My own fault that they weren't compatible as I should have read a bit more about it before purchasing. Just giving others the heads up as I don't think it's particularly clear or obvious that the 80GB classic is not supported.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh, dear . . . . ., 26 Jun 2012
Arrived very, very quickly - looked very good. Only one problem, no sound came out of the earpieces, however I tried. Connected it to iPhone, iPad and iPod and the silence with all three was deafening. The volume control buttons moved the volume indicator up and down on the iPhone and iPad (but not the iPod) but still no sound emerged. A rather basic fault, so they are on their way back . . . . . . .

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT the original Apple earphones, 27 Feb 2013
I've just received the earphones I bought thinking they were the original ones (I've been mislead by the description). Main differences noticed so far: (1)the earphone pieces themselves are of rougher quality (you can feel it on your ears), (2) the microphone is placed much higher (just over your chin) which might affect the way voice and peripheral sound are captured, (3) the microphone is a smaller imitation of the original one placed on the back of the volume adjuster, so you block it everytime you adjust the volume. I'm disappointed by these - should be the original earphones, not a cheaper imitation.

Earphones with Remote & Mic