on 27 February 2013
This is a great best of album, going right back to the sixties with, its all over now, and through to the mid seventies, when a lot of his best music was made, it just shows the talent the man has when this album has 22 great tracks on it and he could do another 2 or 3 more best of's up to date , the man is a living legend, wonderful stuff.
on 26 July 2012
I can't believe how many years Bobby Womack has been around. How many decades he has graced us with his unique style. This collection of songs stand as a fine testament to a phenomenal music talent. These are BW at his most soulful. This album delivers on a number of levels. Not least, in the variety, depth and delivery of some classic tunes. Love this album. I heard it in the Soul Cafe in Liverpool. Placed me in a great mood for the rest of my day (in addition to the Full English). I thought then, gotta have this CD. I was not disappointed.
on 10 October 2014
A very good BW compilation, at a very affordable price. Given its generous 22 tracks I think the compilers should have found space to include his album classic If You Don't Want My Love and a couple of other tunes which are included on Music Club's slightly superior Very Best Of compilation from 2000. The overlap between those two discs is ten tracks and between the two of them they pretty much have all of the highlights covered. This one does include some good material which Music Club omitted such as Your'e Welcome, Stop On By and I'm Tru Trying To Prove My Love To You. The late Bobby Womack was so good that despite any minor quibbles, this still has to get 5 stars. You can't really go wrong with it.
on 31 May 2013
Great album, love all the tracks. Some random covers but even those are decent. Would recommend to a Womack fan!
on 5 January 2014
The best of the early years of Bobby Womack. I love this man's voice but some tracks haven't aged well
on 11 September 2013
I am a soul fan and my vinyl copy was lost many, many years ago. A 'must' for any collector.
on 9 October 2014
very good cd and l have enjoyed listening to it
on 30 January 2015
Good recording and delivered on time
on 2 January 2015
Brilliant! better than I imaged!
on 23 September 2014
Love a bit of Bobby Womack .