Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.87

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 February 2007
I read "Midnight Pleasures" when it was first published several years ago; however I neither loved it nor hated it enough to bother reviewing. Yet with the recent release of Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Dream-Hunter", I found myself dusting this book off and giving it another go, and must say that I enjoyed it far more the second time round.

Darkfest by Amanda Ashley
Born with unique powers, Darkfest is feared, held in suspicion and pursued for his power. He finds sanctuary in his father's Keep and for the next 300 years rarely mixes with the mortals who so fear him until a village woman becomes ill with fever and her husband ventures to the Keep to beg the wizard of Darkfest to save her life. No one anticipates the price of the healing, their beloved daughter Channa Leigh; a beautiful blind girl able to touch the heart of a powerful wizard.

Phantom Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
For the past 3 weeks Erin McDaniel's sleep has been terrorised by horrific nightmares. During her latest one she is trapped in a cave and about to face a variety of vicious creatures, including a dragon, before a handsome man rescues her. Now her sleep is filled with erotic dreams as her relationship with V'Aidan deepens; her protector from the nightmarish creatures which stalk her; however V'Aidan is not the hero he appears.

Under Her Spell by Maggie Shayne
When Melissa St. Cloud lands her dream job as a witchcraft consultant on a popular television series, she certainly takes on more than she planned. Although attracted to the show's creator/executive producer Alexander Quinn, she is wary of the dark energy which surrounds him, a sign he is associating with black magic. Investigating further, it appears that Alex's very life is in danger.

A Wulf's Curse by Ronda Thompson
Gently reared Elise is on the run after discovering her heartless uncle intends to wed her to a man who has already gone through 4 wives. Taking refuge in a travelling show, she finds herself attracted to the Beast Tamer, a mysterious man names Sterling. Although he too is attracted to her, Sterling (like all his brothers) has vowed to never love or marry after discovering his family's curse when witnessing his father's horrifying change from man to beast.

I have only previously read short stories by Ronda Thompson and Amanda Ashley; "The Forgotten One" by RK appears in the anthology "Love at First Bite" and is another "Wild Wulfs of London" story which I awarded 4 stars (I really must get round to reading the full length novels available). Amanda Ashley's "Darkfest" was far superior to "Born of the Night", a short story appearing in the collection "Stroke of Midnight", an offering which I didn't enjoy at all. I also read Maggie Shayne's Eternity several years ago but couldn't be bothered to review it at the time and despite reading reviews, cannot even recollect the storyline. I must say though that her style of writing and her obvious deep interest in "real" witchcraft fails to float my boat. Lastly we are left with Sherrilyn Kenyon and I have a small confession to make concerning "Phantom Lover". After recently reviewing her only other Dream-Hunter novel in print (aptly named "Dream-Hunter") I stated that I did not find these dream warriors as exciting as her Dark-Hunters. Well I owe SK a big fat apology; not only was her offering the best story to appear in "Midnight Pleasures", despite its brevity I found "Phantom Lover" to be on par with any of her Dark-Hunter books. This anthology certainly offers a variety of paranormal romances; matching great leading ladies with some red hot heroes who each carry a dark secret which they can only overcome with their true love. I've read a lot of paranormal romance anthologies and "Midnight Pleasures" is definitely a superior collection.
on 5 October 2010
This is an anthology of 4 short stories and I really liked every story. Sherrilyn Kenyon had a sweet Dream Hunter one, and the Wild Wulfs of London was really good. Maggie shayne's was a good one about a witch whose new boss is being slowly possessed by his dead father's spirit and she saves him. And the Amanda Ashley story was about a young blind girl who captured the heart of a sorcerer.
on 1 February 2014
I love the Dark Hunter series and I cannot find words to say how much I enjoy reading Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter books. My advice -read one and make your own mind up!! I don't think you can fail to like.
on 20 January 2010
I bought this book as i am a huge fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon, and her story didn't disappoint! I can't really comment on the other stories in the book as i have'nt gotten round to reading them yet :-)
on 29 April 2012
not one of the best, but two out of the four stories are fantastic, but you need to deside for yourself which two are for you.
on 22 April 2004
Sherrilyn Kenyon doesnt let you down, it is mysterious and sexy. On the down side, the other authers for me didnt do the book justice. I couldnt get into the stories or feel for the charactures.
on 10 July 2004
I like this book apart from the third short story. I couldn't get myself into it and it just felt forced. The others were different and had quality, but the third story just failed to engross me and I skipped past it. The others are really good and the book is worth buying for them alone, especially for Sherrilyn Kenyon's.