5.0 out of 5 stars Boheme at it's best
Decca have released this classic recording of La Boheme (in my opinion the best recording of the opera) at a bargain price and it's not to be missed. The singers are truly outstanding. Tebaldi was at the height of her powers here, and though some purists would criticise her for not being frail enough, her voice is truly outstanding. Bergonzi matches her and really pulls...
Published on 23 Sep 2005 by stevieb_mt

3.0 out of 5 stars Again dissapointed
A little better than some other recordings, but lacking in a little flair and quality for my liking, have heard better.
Published 16 months ago by sanclew

5.0 out of 5 stars La Boheme, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Puccini: La Bohème (Audio CD)
All you could ever ask ,raptureful ,bought for my Partner after seeing the opera. She gives it 5/5 Oh Yes

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you been all my life?, 23 Jun 2014
M. Hayward "Dr Soil" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puccini: La Bohème (Audio CD)
Opera has not been one of my musical loves, but I felt it was a dimension of classical music that I could become acquainted with now that prices are so low. I have listened to this set several times now and the melodies keep running through my head. Puccini is a good starting point because his melodies are irresistible and he avoids ancient gods and mythology. Reviews of this set are all positive, and who am I to disagree?

5.0 out of 5 stars Opera Lovers, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Puccini: La Bohème (Audio CD)
I really like this opera, even if you are not familiar with opera you will recognise some of the music and be able to hum along! looking forward to seeing a production in March.
CD did take a while to come and I was worried it would not arrive for Christmas but it did come just before (I had ordered a copy for me and one for a friend as a gift).

5.0 out of 5 stars It may not be latest DDD recording... BUT, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Puccini: La Bohème (Audio CD)
It has passion and emotion by the truckload. A wonderful performance of one of the all time great operas. Music from the heart, for the heart, highly recommended recording.

5.0 out of 5 stars PUCCINI: LA BOHEME, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Puccini: La Bohème (Audio CD)
Excellent recording, have played this CD over and over again. I have another recording which I enjoyed however this one surpasses it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb Quality Performance but......, 11 Mar 2012
G. K. Griffiths (Wolverhampton, West Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puccini: La Bohème (MP3 Download)
Having been given an Amazon gift voucher I was looking for a treat for myself and noticed the 'two downloads for £10' promotion so chose this as one of the downloads. The quality of the sound is absolutely excellent as is the performance itself. However, the problem with the download version is that some of the tracks are intended to play 'Segue' so that there should be a seamless transition from one track to the next but when I play them on my Smartphone there is a momentary but very evident pause as the player switches to the next track. I have tried this on an MP3 player with exactly the same effect, and even when played on my laptop the slight gap is still evident. I have even tried burning the download onto a CD-R using software which can specify no gap but there is still just a slight hiccup in the sound where it switches. I appreciate that this is not a fault of the Amazon Download but it is a factor to bear in mind with this Genre of music.

5.0 out of 5 stars La Boheme, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Puccini: La Bohème (MP3 Download)
la Boheme a firstclass record and i listen to it all the time when I have a free moment.in the evening

3.0 out of 5 stars Again dissapointed, 18 Feb 2013

Puccini: La Bohème
Puccini: La Bohème by Carlo Bergonzi and Coro dell'Accademia Nazionale Di Santa Cecilia and Orchestra dell'Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia and Renata Tebaldi and Tullio Serafin
Buy MP3 Album£6.99