O3

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly hypnotic and brilliant, 1 Jun 2008
S. Dearsley "Stell" (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: O3 (Audio CD)
I don't need to say much. This is just fantastic. My friend introduced me to S of D the other day, and I listened to it on a loop for days. I have been going around proselytising ever since, pinning people against walls and plugging my headphones into their ears.
And they've all been converted (in the words of another great band, The Alabama 3).
Buy, listen and be converted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! This is awesome!, 20 Oct 2008
C. P. Whiting "G Moonwalker" (Ipswich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: O3 (Audio CD)
Son of Dave has to be one of my best finds this year. I watched him perform at Gig in The Park music festival in Halesworth, Suffolk earlier in the year and was immediately hooked, almost as soon as he stepped on stage! The concept of what this guy does is amazing - everything you hear is him! Its pretty much blues meets a beat of funk with some looped beat-boxing and sampling. You have to see it to believe it. Anyway the album is great and very catchy. I'm not even a blues fan and I love it. I guarantee this will have your foot taping in no time. Track 6 (Hellhound) is my personal favourite. By the way, if you get chance to see this guy live then do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer Brilliance, 26 April 2009
S. Fretwell - See all my reviews
This review is from: O3 (Audio CD)
I saw Son of Dave first on Jules Holland and was blown away. This album is sheer brilliance, and highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Should be 5 stars but..., 3 April 2009
Mr. John Hughes (Lichfield, Staffs, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: O3 (Audio CD)
This would be 5 stars, but I've seen Son Of Dave Live, and I don't think he'll ever capture his brilliants on a recording.

4.0 out of 5 stars blues that rocks like a beast, 3 Aug 2011
This review is from: O3 (Audio CD)
After hearing about this guy, but not taking the effort to listen to his music i downloaded 'squat that rabbit' due to the review of his album in 'Q' magazine.I was blown away by the track and constantly played it.My faith was restored in blues music, which mutates into new forms and never really goes away.This is so far away from the 60's white boy blues who would do pale imitations of 'dust my broom' and similar and pass it off as something authentic.This smarts of authenticity and certainly refreshes the parts some music could only wish to reach.Buy if you used to love the blues but got tired of the sanitized versions of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good listening. good fun, 12 Oct 2009
C. Johnson (Luton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: O3 (Audio CD)
Bought this after seeing him support and outshine Supergrass a few years back - typically rude London crowd, talked over the top of a great performance but he stuck with it.
Still one of the few albums I'll stick on regularly. Funky, soulful and just fun to listen to.
A great selection of his own music along with a couple of great covers.
(used the word "great" too often but can't think of another one quite as appropriate)

O3