Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.39

on 7 July 2013
The title of the cd pretty much describes the legend Bobby Womack is. I loved this cd. I can't stop dancing each time I listen to it. I may be in the age group of those who may be able to say, 'gee I remember when that came out' or 'when I first danced to it' because I was not born until the 80's. But I do love my music and honor where my soul has been brought to the highest height. This cd di that. Not one song brought me down. I kept climbing through all colours of emotions, movement and sounds. I tapped where I could have danced on a table and danced. You feel everything. It's worth the buy.
on 28 June 2014
Heard of the very sad passing of this soul giant. I don't have this as I have the CD of 'Understanding'/'Communcation' which are his best and finest albums. Hopefully soon one of major companies will do a CD comp of The Valentinos recordings which is long overdue. There is NO such thing as soul music now as the music of now is sex/drugs/X factor driven. Will any of these so callers rank among this legend? Definitly no.
on 13 July 2009
A true great for the lovers of soul music,the album has a history of all of bobby's hit from the 60's through to the 80's with some truly great gems included.
This is a fantastic album and is great value for money !
on 5 August 2014
I love these CDs - Bobby Womack had the most amazing voice and was a wonder at interpreting words and melodies. I love his approach and would recommend to anyone who enjoys SOUL MUSIC. The Essential Bobby Womack can easily be enjoyed as background or turning it up somewhat (don't upset the neighbours!) and really listerning.
on 29 June 2014
Quintessential Womack, this album soars with raw honesty and a natural genius that is Womack . The gravel tipped baritone of Womack shining through . Responsible for the huge success of the Rolling Stones seminal track : It's all over now which Bobby wrote and which they covered it's always best to hear an album like this on the back notes of Loud . Penning hits for the likes of Joplin, Wilson Pickett and Stevie Wonder and Rod Stewart Womack's sheer lyrical poignancy , haunting vocals and amazing technical brilliance make this album a must have for any Womack fans . Listen and be dazzled.
on 28 August 2013
The more I listen to this album the better it sounds. Definatley a 70s vibe, sounds like it could be the soundtrack to Shaft but loving it. I only really knew 110 Street before and that was from the movie Jackie Brown, so glad I gave it try. Will try some of his others.
on 7 September 2013
everyone told me how good this soul singer was which is why I got the cd. they were right it is wonderful performance, the sort of stuff you don't get often, will buy some more
on 3 July 2013
Just superb, a great double album that covers many years of his career, and he is still out there delivering the goods.
A must have for your collection!
on 7 October 2013
This double cd collection is a great collection of some of Bobby Womack's best songs across his earlier career. It acts as a replacement for long worn out vinyl or tapes for fans of Bobby Womacks music , but also as a great introduction to those who are just discovering Bobby Womack for the first time. I would highly reccommend this double cd set.
on 30 November 2011
If you are a BW fan then you know it's a classic bobby ! i love it. A good selection of bobbys classics. as usual.