Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 28 October 2004
A lot of people have been very negative about this album due to a lack of string section when previous releases have been heavily orchestrated. However, all these people have been missing the point, what make the Delgados so good is still here in full force, and that is great songwriting.
Tracks such as "Is This All That I Came For?" and "Everybody Come Down" are as melodically strong as they've ever been and "Now And Forever" contains some of the nicest vocal harmonies I have heard in a long time.
My advice to you; ignore the reviews in the music press, this is as good an album as The Delgados have ever released. Always an essential band.
on 30 July 2007
This has got to be one of my top ten albums (and boy, there are other very good albums in that top ten so it faces stiff competition but holds its own!). I heard 'I Fought The Angels' on the radio and thought that it sounded interesting which in turn led me to get this album. All of the songs are nigh on perfect and vary wildly from each other but somehow the album feels coherent as a whole despite this. I bought their other albums but somehow they did not seem to match the excellence of Universal Audio. It is the one I listen to the most if I want a Delgado 'Fix'. My favourite tracks are 'I Fought The Angels', 'Come Undone', 'Get Action!', 'Sink Or Swim', er, ok - perhaps it's all of them ;-)
on 2 April 2015
A friend of mine recommended this to me recently and I've been listening to it in my car for the last week. The impact wasn't immediate but it grew on me quite quickly. It's excellent of its genre. My stand out tracks are Sink or Swim, Bits of Bone (my favourite) and The City Consumes Us. Strongly recommended. I'm surprised it's received so few reviews. Emma Pollock's voice is fabulous.
on 30 March 2015
Get all Delgado's especially last 3. Emma Pollock has her own CD's/band, She is touring China at present check her out on http://www.emmapollock.com/ you won't be dissapointed
on 19 April 2016