Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.09

on 12 June 2012
With the lead singles, wearing my rolex, and cash in my pocket, this looked to be the album that would finally give Wiley the mainstream credit he deserves after creating an underground scene and platform for so many artists that have got commercial success such as Dizzee Rascal and Kano. However the album plays out like a reflection of his career, in that it is far too inconisitent. It starts well and with intent with the feracious Ryder Intro, and whilst the track: 'I need to be' approaches filler status, the album carries well until track 8: Step by Step which frankly just sounds like a mess, and contrasts greatly to the previous track 5 AM, possibly the best track on the album and one of the few tracks where Wiley has found a balance between appealing to the mainstream and the underground music scene where he made his name. The lyrics are engaging and easily relatable to many. However through too much of the album Wiley seems caught between making chart tracks and underground tracks and the result does not work out very well, this is why the album tails of dramatically after 5 AM with no singles to support the album and engage the listener through the rest of the album. If your new to Wiley i would suggest listening to his new 100% publishing album or his new evolve or be extinct album which give a clearer indication of his talent.
on 13 March 2009
As we all know Wiley has recently made a statement saying that he did not like this album, and that he cant bare to here "Summertime" and "Cash In My Pocket" On The radio and i thought he was just bieng melodramatic untill i heard the album and there was only four songs whch stood out on the whole album "Cash In My Pocket" "Wearing My Rolex" "Summertime" and "5AM". Without These Four Tracks The album would of barely made it past 0/5 but it deserves atleast 2 because of these FOUR tracks.
on 16 December 2008
I can tell most pioneers of the 'grime' wave want to move on and produce very commercial albums and get out of the whole labelling aspect of UK Hip Hop. I do like this album, its Wiley...he can make a gold polished turd quite cool. But i feel this album is laking balls and humour. Some killer stand out tracks and I'm sure people will buy this without knowledge of what Wiley was like over the past 5 years... 4 Star rating for effort! Bring on the new SKEPTA album!
on 22 December 2015
If you are into grime stay away from this album. I bought it for €2.00 and I feel ripped off. The best song is the intro which is only a minute and a half long .The rest of the album is an attempt (and in some sense a success) of a pop/rap album. Im sure there is a market for it and people will like it, just not regular Wiley fans
on 17 February 2013
some real cracker, but quite allot of filler. Still worth buying and playing driving around in my motorised veehiculator. "next thing I was missing my sanyo lol"
on 10 July 2010
I love this CD, I love Wiley!!! I recieved this quite quickly :S but the quality is gr8.
on 13 November 2008
Ive already heard this as I'm a journalist and was sent a watermarked version. Its an album featuring the best of Britsh music with Ronson, Hot Chip, Kano, High Contrast and Scorcher all making an appearence in some form. Rolex and new track Cash In My Pocket are the stand out tracks but have a listen to We Are The Sea (which is taken from that Smirnoff advert) and Step By Step featuring Hot Chip. This is why people say that Wileys a genius. Point proven.