4.0 out of 5 stars ...where's me worry beads..., 16 Jun 2007
Mr. H "Mr H" (Embra) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Icky Thump (Audio CD)
Naturally, I had a copy of this on MP3 aeons ago, but like a good little downloader that didn't stop me pre-ordering the single. Because I really, really like the White Stripes. And not just because of my elephunk sized crush on Meg. No, it's because they rock.

Well they did until the last album, which left me a little bit cold after promising so much with 'My Doorbell'. Which is why I have yet to summon up the courage to buy the new album. But this is a humdinger of a song, hot and nasty just the way I like my Stripes, even if the synth is a bit irritating. Flipside 'Catch Hell Blues' is another goodie, all slide drenched primal blues, much like the legend that is Alex Gomez.

A good return, and one that heralds well. Like the last time. Now where's me worry beads.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great album from The White Stripes, 14 Mar 2013
D. Berry "DomB" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Icky Thump (MP3 Download)
Another great album from The White Stripes, Let us hope there will be many more in years to come despite the band split.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jack White delivering the same as always., 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Icky Thump (MP3 Download)
Another great album from the White Stripes.
This is more of the same from Jack and Meg, delivering their usual emotional blues/rock pieces that are really intense.
There are probably a couple of songs in there that aren't too great or are harder to listen to, like Prickly Thorn and St.Andrew.(Though running at 1.49 is it really a song?)
The album does take a couple of listens to really get into but there are some great tracks on here like Catch Hell Blues, recently used in the Footloose remake, the proceeding song Martyr for My love is a lighter lament and sounds great, I'd also recommend Little Cream Soda.
I had originally given this album a wide birth because of negative reviews but am very glad that I have added it to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Genius!, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Icky Thump (MP3 Download)
An eclectic mix of varying rock styles. One of my favourite albums. Jack White is one of the most inventive rock artists around.

Icky Thump