Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£2.97

on 24 July 2009
I have no idea what possessed the the two "experts" to slate this beautiful song!? Did you actually listen to it? In no way is it comparable to Fast Car (one of my all time favourites btw). Adele sings this with such passion and I think that is evident in the finished song. I am not an Adele fan except for this one track. I heard this song on a trailer for a TV show and was shocked to find out it was Adele who sang this. A much better song than the fairly admirable "Chasing Pavements". Unless something has really angered me or upset me majorly I wouldn't search out a song I didn't like just to slate it. There are thousands I hate but a few I love. These are the ones I would seek out to comment on - wouldn't waste my energy on a song I hated.
on 20 August 2008
My brother played me this a couple of weeks ago and I was blown away!

I am amazed at the other reviewers of this single who complain it doesn't go anywhere. Where exactly do you want it to go? For me it goes where it has to go, which for me is the land of the perfectly constructed pop single, where things are powerful, emotive, uplifting, poignant.

In my ever so humble opinion the perfect single is the art of the distillation of beauty in a song and I think that this is a perfect example of that.

Blimey, this is a record from someone who is only 19. What does the future hold? Most impressive !
on 28 February 2011
Lyrics are beautiful, singing is amazing. adele is just astonishing, if your going to buy a song, i hope its this one.
on 14 February 2013
colis bien protégé, arrivé dans les temps, très bon produit.
Le vinyl était emballé dans un carton spécifique.
Merci pour cette commande
on 14 May 2014
I've got all of her cd's and I've enjoyed them all,go for it you won't be disappointed,can't wait for her to bring another cd out
on 24 December 2014
Love it
on 28 September 2014
ok
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 August 2008
The biggest problem with 'Hometown Glory', is that it just doesn't progress. From the initially interesting piano intro, the song quickly goes nowhere and though Adele does an admirable job to try and inject some feeling into the lyrics, the song swiftly becomes monotonous. I guess this was meant to be a plaintive ballad anyway but, rather like 'Tracy Chapman's guitar riff on 'Fast Car' you soon find yourself getting frustrated that musically the song fails to develop. 'Fast Car' DID eventually break into a trot but sadly, this does not. Great lyrics and vocals but musically very dull. Pity.