5.0 out of 5 stars Very good EP for fans who missed the LPU
This CD features a selection of the best songs of the EPs released in the fanclub Linkin Park Underground.
I highly recommend this CD for fans of the "old" Linkin Park who missed the first 6 years of the LPU but would still like to have the unreleased songs from the LPU CDs.
Published on 29 Nov 2009 by J. K.

2.0 out of 5 stars For the completist and hardcore fan.
Opener announcement service public is just an intro not a proper song, so pretty much disposable.
Qwerty, is a very good song and it is amazing it wasn't on minutes to midnight as it is better than half that album. It is classic linkin park, that combines mike shinoda MCing and Chester bennington screaming like a banshee.
And one, is a pretty good track but not...
Published on 22 Nov 2009 by genejoke

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good EP for fans who missed the LPU, 29 Nov 2009
This review is from: Songs From The Underground (Audio CD)
The CD also includes two very good live versions of Linkin Park's song "My December" and Chris Cornell's "Hunger Strike.

Announcement Service Public (LPU6) is an instrumental intro with a subliminal message you can find out.

Qwerty (LPU6) is one of the last songs Linkin Park did in their "old" style before Minutes to Midnight released.

And One (HTEP) was the first song Linkin Park recorded with Chester Bennington as lead singer. It's a very classic song with a good rap solo in the end.

Sold My Soul To Yo Mama (LPU4) is an instrumental made of parts of Papercut from their first studio album "Hybrid Theory".

Dedicated (LPU2) is my personal favourite of this EP. It's a rap song with great lyrics and one of their first demos.

Hunger Strike and My December are the two new live versions. They're both in very good quality and Chester's and Chris Cornell's voices are just amazing live.

Part Of Me (HTEP) is again one of the very good old songs with Chester singing and Mike rapping.

All in all this is an EP worth the money but if you already own the LPU CDs you don't need it.

2.0 out of 5 stars For the completist and hardcore fan., 22 Nov 2009
This review is from: Songs From The Underground (Audio CD)
And one, is a pretty good track but not a lost classic. That said it does sound like it was culled from hybrid theory rather than anywhere else.
Sold my souls to yo mama is again pretty disposable, essentially an instrumental.
dedicated demo, it is interesting but it isn't a great song.
Hungerstrike again isn't bad but is hardly essential listening, more chris cornell than linkin park.
My december (live) well it is a good song but nothing you haven't heard before.
Part of me is pretty good and the extended outro with extra at the end is okay.

All in all a weak package, ok as an EP but not worth forking out much for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound of the underground!, 8 Aug 2010
This review is from: Songs From The Underground (Audio CD)
When I purchased this last year I had discovered that this had been released through Amazon and as an album with a collection of songs from the so called `Linkin Park Underground' I wondered what this would sound like. I'm interested in all things Linkin Park so this was an obvious choice for me. There's a note inside the booklet from the band stating that these are some LPU favourites and unreleased songs.
On my first listen I wasn't very impressed with the album. It seemed like a collection of songs that weren't good enough to put onto any of the studio albums but on my 2nd listen I enjoyed it more.

Announcement service public which seems like a title with all the words backwards is just an instrumental with a piano lead with the sound of Chester screaming what sounds like about 10 feet away from the mic. QWERTY is a song I was familiar with because the LPTV videos featured this song in the start for the 2007 tour. This song sounds like the band trying to sound like current LP trying to sound like the old sound, but it's not as good. I'm guessing this is a song which they recorded and then said it sounds too much like a song which could've been on a previous album. They scrapped all songs which sounded anything like their old songs and that's why they recorded around 90-100 songs in conclusion for the final Minutes to midnight release. And one is the first of the 2 songs and I think the best, from the Hybrid theory EP. It's not as solid as anything from their 1st couple of albums but it will appeal to you if you like the old sound. Sold my soul to yo mama is a b side which is an old sounding instrumental with lyrics from Papercut included. Dedicated I like with Mike leading the song with rap vocals. It's another song from their back catalogue. I don't like Chris Cornell and even though his voice is pretty unique I think he's a terrible singer. The song is okay though and Chester does okay with a duet. My December live sounds nothing like the original until near the end of the song but the singing is good. However Mike's whispering is irritating. If you're gonna rap let us hear it damnit! Part of me is the 2nd from the Hybrid theory EP and is a pretty good song, although once the main song is over the outro has a 6 minute interval with stupid clicky noises that drove me completely nuts the 1st time I heard it (is it supposed to sound like something? I don't know) and then an instrumental which is pretty mediocre for a further few minutes.

It's worth picking up but not really worth the current price they're selling it for. It's also not for the casual fan and only for the serious collector fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars hardcore mainly, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Songs From The Underground (Audio CD)
its very interesting as an Cd. I'm a hardcore fan so I went mad over this however I'd understand others would not

5.0 out of 5 stars favourite band, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Songs From The Underground (Audio CD)
love LP they my husband's and my fav band love the tracks on the album cd came very quickly very pleased wit purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Songs From The Underground (Audio CD)
Love this!im a big linkin park fan but never signed up to the underground so buying this was great buy for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tunes, 15 Dec 2012
This review is from: Songs From The Underground (Audio CD)
Arrived really quickly - was able to pop it in the cd player in my car and rock out in just a couple of days - A few good tracks

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Selection of Older Rarities, 24 Jun 2012
Mr. Peter T. Hardy (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs From The Underground (Audio CD)
I've been loving these tracks for several years so I'm glad that the decision's been made to make them more widely available. This is particularly good if you preferred the band's Hybrid Theory era sound, regardless of how big a fan of the band you are (though obviously don't expect an album-length record, this is an EP).

Qwerty, And One, and Part Of Me are rockers; Sold My Soul To Yo Mama and Dedicated are more hip-hop tracks; and My December is a simple haunting piano ballard with a robust melody.

3.0 out of 5 stars not what i thought, 7 Mar 2010
Mr. B. J. Shaw (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs From The Underground (Audio CD)
As a fan of linkin park i by anything but found this album strange like it was a jumble of bits of music that they thought was not good enough. I liked a few of thier tracks but most of it was a let down. The tracks that i liked however sounded very much like thier older albums and possibly something from a mixture of Hybrid theory and meteora.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not value for money, 6 Jan 2010
Mr. A. M. D. Hodes (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs From The Underground (Audio CD)
Im a semi large Linkin Park fan, and I own all their other albums but with this one I just feel ripped of. The songs are not anything special or new as the previous posters have commented. If I had a option too, I wish I could return this purchase.

ARRAY(0xafea8fc0)

Songs From The Underground
Songs From The Underground by Linkin Park (Audio CD - 2008)