on 27 January 2007
I consider myself a music fan, and I have wide and varied tastes. One look through P.Jones reviews will bear out that unless you like his/her particular brand of music you are not considered a music fan. Total nonsense. Music, like beauty, is in the "ear" of the beholder: Shame on you for being so closed-minded.

I have several Shania Twain albums and a couple of DVDs and I'm not ashamed to say I've been to see her twice, and ALL of my encounters with her and her music have been uplifting. If you like up-beat, fun music - some with a deeper story to tell - you will enjoy this album. If you like Shania's silky, effortless voice, you will enjoy this album. And thats a promise.
on 4 November 2004
Shania has written so many great songs over the past decade, it must have been hard for her to choose which ones to place onto her Greatest Hits album but she has done it and it doesn't disappoint!
This album is full of Shania's best songs plus 3 brand NEW ones!
Some of her previous hits range from her HUGE international megahits "I'm Gonna Getcha Good", "You're Still the One", "That Don't Impress Me Much", "Don't Be Stupid", "Man I Feel Like A Woman" to her more country based songs "Any Man Of Mine", "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" and her awsome brand new "I Ain't No Quitter" which puts half the writers in Nashville to shame!
Also, when it comes to writing ballads, Shania is the best out there! This album features some of her absolute best, such as her really sweet "Forever And For Always", her moving and beautiful "The Woman In Me", perhaps her most popular and memorable song "You're Still The One", her spine chilling eternal love song "From This Moment On" and her brand new beautiful and emotional "Don't" which is bound to be another huge hit!
This album pretty much reprsents who Shania is and if you know where she started then it makes you realise how far she has come!
If you are a fan of REAL music and REAL songs then get this album, it truly is a great piece of work!
on 14 November 2005
Not originally a Shania Twain fan, this CD continues to bring surprises- good surprises, of course! I bought it because of the catchy tunes of "Ka-Ching", "Party For Two" and "I'm Gonna Getcha Good", but after I got fed up of these hits, I finally listened to other songs and fell in love with them! I usually don't listen to country music, and if I only read the lyrics of Shania's songs, I'd think her music is as pathetic as "Seventh Heaven" is a pathetic TV show. However, the songs are simply wonderful because of the singer's charm- and admit it, not every singer could get through with occasional yelling of words like "Cool!" and "Let's go!" throughout the songs. The ballads are also very good: they resemble a little of Celine Dion, but are not as sophisticated, which gives them some charm plus (I know this sounds corny, but... it kinda is!).
To sum up, Shania Twain's "Greatest Hits" collection is kind of a guilty pleasure... It's like eating chocolate when you know you shouldn't, but it FEELS SO GOOD! Go, Shania! That's why we love you!
on 14 November 2004
Shania's voice is so beautiful, her greatest hits album shows this off to perfection. Her ballads make you stop and listen, her up tempo songs get you tapping your feet. The album is made up from top quality hits, no song disappoints.
on 14 November 2004
This album is truly amazing from ONE OF the world's best selling artists - (contrary to what some reviews say - Celine dion is with 175 million) - it highlights her best hits, and is an absolute must buy for any shania fan!
on 19 November 2004
a great album the uk tracklisting is slightly different from the us version if you look at amazons tracklist two versions of party for 2 are on it but the uk version only has one instead the the single ka ching is on it (track4) but what happened to shanias second uk hit when got to 18 in uk chart or thank you baby which made number 11
on 11 November 2004
If you are a Shania fan or not, this album is for you! It highlights her career as the most successful female singer ever! And this cd proves it!
on 31 July 2005
Yes, Shania Twain's songs will never become old and boring. They may be incredibly cheesy at times but are also undeniably catchy, uplifting and altogether great. This CD is packed with all the best hits and if you only buy one of her albums make it this one, because it leaves out the filler tracks from her studio CDs.
Greatest Hits includes slow ballads like "The Woman in Me" to fast, catchy, country-tinged songs, probably what Shania does best, like "Whose bed have your boots been under" and "Man! I feel like a woman."
Neither pop nor country but a fabulous mix of both, this CD is great even if you are not an avid Shania fan because there has to be at least one song on here that you've heard before and loved anyway.
on 2 January 2014
Shania is one of the best female singers around, I have a broad catalogue of music and adding this to my collection is something I would happily admit to anyone. Her style is mostly country and western / pop and we all know the hits she has had, they are all on this album but some of them have little differences to the chart tracks that I remember. It is not big changes and after listening to them a few times I actually prefer the versions on this album but it is worth nothing that there are slight tweaks to the radio edit tracks we would have heard more often.

Of more significance are the tracks I had never listened to before, "Love gets me every time" and "No one needs to know" are my new favourites and the rest are quite good as well. My mum stays about an hours drive from me and I went up to see her yesterday on New years day. I stuck this album on in the car on the way down the road and just let it play. by the time I got halfway home I heard my wife humming along and she asked when I got this one and can she have it on her iPod. Any album my wife likes she decides that she bought it and promptly blags it and this will be no exception. It is a good album with an easy listening style influenced by country and pop which will appeal to everyone.

If you are even a bit of a fan this album is worth buying to have all the hits and a few other tracks together in a collection you can use to while away long journeys and maybe tap your toe to.

At least I have the download on the could player for when the album disappears.
on 6 January 2005
From the recent hit Party for Two to the classic Man! I Feel Like a Woman, all Shania's hits are compiled here. Undeniably catchy and irresistably fun, this is a must-buy for anybody who ever wanted to buy a Shania Twain album but didn't bother or for anyone who'd rather have all her hits compiled onto one album instead of having to skip through on her albums to get to them. Despite a handful of classics (including my favourite I'm Gonna Getcha Good!), the additions from early album The Woman in Me are somewhat average (except for No One Needs to Know and the cheesy but fun You Win My Love) or just incredibly boring. Also, new track I Ain't No Quitter has got to be the worst song Shania has ever done but makes up for it with other new tracks Party for Two and the poignant Don't. A must-buy for any Shania fan really.
How many good tracks? 15 out of 21
Best track: I'm Gonna Getcha Good!
Worst track: I Ain't No Quitter