5.0 out of 5 stars This Is A Definate Must Have!!
Shania has written so many great songs over the past decade, it must have been hard for her to choose which ones to place onto her Greatest Hits album but she has done it and it doesn't disappoint!
This album is full of Shania's best songs plus 3 brand NEW ones!
Published on 4 Nov 2004 by J. Dring

3.0 out of 5 stars nice if it's cheap!
Half of this cd is great to sing along to but some of the more country tracks lose me! This is great value for money but if you are paying more than 3-4 pound I wouldn't bother!
Published 5 months ago by Kelmar2012

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is A Definate Must Have!!, 4 Nov 2004
J. Dring "John Dring" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This album is full of Shania's best songs plus 3 brand NEW ones!
Some of her previous hits range from her HUGE international megahits "I'm Gonna Getcha Good", "You're Still the One", "That Don't Impress Me Much", "Don't Be Stupid", "Man I Feel Like A Woman" to her more country based songs "Any Man Of Mine", "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" and her awsome brand new "I Ain't No Quitter" which puts half the writers in Nashville to shame!
Also, when it comes to writing ballads, Shania is the best out there! This album features some of her absolute best, such as her really sweet "Forever And For Always", her moving and beautiful "The Woman In Me", perhaps her most popular and memorable song "You're Still The One", her spine chilling eternal love song "From This Moment On" and her brand new beautiful and emotional "Don't" which is bound to be another huge hit!
This album pretty much reprsents who Shania is and if you know where she started then it makes you realise how far she has come!
If you are a fan of REAL music and REAL songs then get this album, it truly is a great piece of work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore P.Jones - a supposed "music" fan - this album is fantastic, 27 Jan 2007
Robert Mellor (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I consider myself a music fan, and I have wide and varied tastes. One look through P.Jones reviews will bear out that unless you like his/her particular brand of music you are not considered a music fan. Total nonsense. Music, like beauty, is in the "ear" of the beholder: Shame on you for being so closed-minded.

I have several Shania Twain albums and a couple of DVDs and I'm not ashamed to say I've been to see her twice, and ALL of my encounters with her and her music have been uplifting. If you like up-beat, fun music - some with a deeper story to tell - you will enjoy this album. If you like Shania's silky, effortless voice, you will enjoy this album. And thats a promise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels so good!, 14 Nov 2005
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Not originally a Shania Twain fan, this CD continues to bring surprises- good surprises, of course! I bought it because of the catchy tunes of "Ka-Ching", "Party For Two" and "I'm Gonna Getcha Good", but after I got fed up of these hits, I finally listened to other songs and fell in love with them! I usually don't listen to country music, and if I only read the lyrics of Shania's songs, I'd think her music is as pathetic as "Seventh Heaven" is a pathetic TV show. However, the songs are simply wonderful because of the singer's charm- and admit it, not every singer could get through with occasional yelling of words like "Cool!" and "Let's go!" throughout the songs. The ballads are also very good: they resemble a little of Celine Dion, but are not as sophisticated, which gives them some charm plus (I know this sounds corny, but... it kinda is!).
To sum up, Shania Twain's "Greatest Hits" collection is kind of a guilty pleasure... It's like eating chocolate when you know you shouldn't, but it FEELS SO GOOD! Go, Shania! That's why we love you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 14 Nov 2004
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Shania's voice is so beautiful, her greatest hits album shows this off to perfection. Her ballads make you stop and listen, her up tempo songs get you tapping your feet. The album is made up from top quality hits, no song disappoints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 14 Nov 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This album is truly amazing from ONE OF the world's best selling artists - (contrary to what some reviews say - Celine dion is with 175 million) - it highlights her best hits, and is an absolute must buy for any shania fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars incomplete shania, 19 Nov 2004
A. M. Campbell (GLASGOW United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
a great album the uk tracklisting is slightly different from the us version if you look at amazons tracklist two versions of party for 2 are on it but the uk version only has one instead the the single ka ching is on it (track4) but what happened to shanias second uk hit when got to 18 in uk chart or thank you baby which made number 11

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cd!, 11 Nov 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
If you are a Shania fan or not, this album is for you! It highlights her career as the most successful female singer ever! And this cd proves it!

4.0 out of 5 stars she's still the one!, 31 July 2005
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Yes, Shania Twain's songs will never become old and boring. They may be incredibly cheesy at times but are also undeniably catchy, uplifting and altogether great. This CD is packed with all the best hits and if you only buy one of her albums make it this one, because it leaves out the filler tracks from her studio CDs.
Greatest Hits includes slow ballads like "The Woman in Me" to fast, catchy, country-tinged songs, probably what Shania does best, like "Whose bed have your boots been under" and "Man! I feel like a woman."
Neither pop nor country but a fabulous mix of both, this CD is great even if you are not an avid Shania fan because there has to be at least one song on here that you've heard before and loved anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not perfect collection, 6 Jan 2005
L. Omelasz "brekkie_tiffs" (Dundee, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
From the recent hit Party for Two to the classic Man! I Feel Like a Woman, all Shania's hits are compiled here. Undeniably catchy and irresistably fun, this is a must-buy for anybody who ever wanted to buy a Shania Twain album but didn't bother or for anyone who'd rather have all her hits compiled onto one album instead of having to skip through on her albums to get to them. Despite a handful of classics (including my favourite I'm Gonna Getcha Good!), the additions from early album The Woman in Me are somewhat average (except for No One Needs to Know and the cheesy but fun You Win My Love) or just incredibly boring. Also, new track I Ain't No Quitter has got to be the worst song Shania has ever done but makes up for it with other new tracks Party for Two and the poignant Don't. A must-buy for any Shania fan really.
How many good tracks? 15 out of 21
Best track: I'm Gonna Getcha Good!
Worst track: I Ain't No Quitter

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 26 Dec 2008
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
About ten years ago I bought her big hit album "Come On Over". I listened to it once and thought it was horrible. Twee and boring. I sold it to a second hand shop and never regretted it for an instant.

I got this Greatest Hits out the library with no real intention of listening to it. I did and I liked it. I know I shouldn't like it, but it overcame my natural resistance to cheesy country-pop amazingly quickly. It's just really, really good, strong, well written and produced pop music. So I've ordered my own copy.

She has only recorded three albums so it covers each album extensively. It features a ludicrous sounding eight tracks from "Come On Over". Which if you don't already have it can only be a good thing. It also has four songs from "Up!", six from "The Woman In Me" and three new songs. Which I'm pretty certain renders her albums completely redundant as it's surely only filler and a few minor gems left on the albums.

I recommend it. You might be surprised.

Her husband "Mutt" Lange (he produced AC/DC's and Def Lepard's biggest albums) co-wrote and produced all these songs. Now that they have divorced it will be surprising if she will ever recordings anything as good as this ever again as he was clearly of equal importance creatively.

Greatest Hits