5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the critics, make up your own mind
As I'm typing, it's early in the morning, so in the UK the new Strokes album has officially been released. Already, I've seen critics dismiss this album as "average" and many have claimed The Strokes have put very little effort into the album and they're just not bothered anymore. I've had a copy of the album for around a month now and I'm...
Published on 2 Jan 2006 by Tom

3.0 out of 5 stars Different Strokes for different folks
The Strokes were a breath of fresh air when they first burst on the scene - all New York cool and reto before every new band had to be a late 70s/early 80s throwback. The first two albums (I give my age away by using that term!)were great examples of economy in song structures and length. I hate to say it, but I have sat through 'First Impressions' a number of...
Published on 17 Feb 2006 by D. Moseley

2.0 out of 5 stars the strokes - my impression of there album, 18 Jan 2006
Mr C Metcalfe (darlington Co durham) - See all my reviews
Well after listening to this album a few times yeasterday I can safely say that the track Juicebox is fantastic, unfortunately, the rest of the album is no more that a spave filler to ensure as much of the CD is used as possible.
Listening to Tracks 4 (Razorblade) - Track 12 (Ize of the world) were perhaps the most miserable moments of my life, and many times I found myself eraching for a rope.
The track Vision of Division (the second best in my opinion) promised so much with the opening guitar riff, but unfortunately could not deliver.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor third attempt, 17 July 2009
Declan Ramsey (North Yorkshire, uk) - See all my reviews
Pretty much one maybe 2 good songs, which wern't even the ones realesed. If your an actual strokes fan, you shouldn't enjoy this album.

1.0 out of 5 stars Anxiety, 19 Jan 2006
It is so obvious that the NY band has made a masterpiece back in 2001 with "Is this it" and since then they are extremely anxious to match that. The quality of the songs is very poor except the cathy single juicebox. For me...if the brand name was not The Strokes, no one would bother that much. An anxious band looking for identity in their sound..

2.0 out of 5 stars A load of rubbish, 20 Mar 2006
Mr. F. H. J. Clark "-LARKIN-" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having thoroughly enjoyed the last two albums (Is This It? and Room On Fire) i can honestly say i was very disappointed. It still has the same background music expected from the strokes but it is so much harder and more distorted. The tracks are not as tuneful and it is consistantly unvaried throughout.
Don't waste your money on this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 5 Jan 2006
S. Buckley "Stu UK" (London, England) - See all my reviews
Don't buy it. Its rubbish their worst effort yet. I have tried to like them and listened to all their material but its weak and gutless. Not one song stood out as a hit. I will go back to my Foo fighters CD's thank you very much

1.0 out of 5 stars First Impressions of The Strokes are bad, 1 Jun 2007
TUFTY (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this album thinking that the entire album will be living up to the great singles You Only Live Once, Heart in a Cage and the brilliant Juicebox. However that was not the case as I was surprised and not in the pleasent sense. The three good tracks are the three singles I mentioned above and they are the first three tracks on the album.

And that was the only superb thing about this CD as from the fourth song Razorblade onwards everything went downhill at a 90 degree angle and crashes quicker than the stock market on Wall Street back in the Great Depression. "Ize of the world" is annoying as it mentions every word with the suffix -ize that it starts to make you want to get a compass and scratch every CD that the Strokes have released and the track "15 minutes" feel like it goes on for 15 minutes. The song "Fear of Sleep" should be retitled go to sleep as that drags for ages.

First Impressions of this album was not as good as expected as Julian Casablanca's grungy vocals just so repetitive, that this album should be called first depressions as the music is so dull and boring. Download the singles I mentioned above in the first paragraph and save yourself the money and the time on this album as that the only good thing on this album and it makes up for this targic album.

First Impressions Of Earth