5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute belter !!!!
I bought it the week it was released back in '94 in my student days. I loved it right from the start and with each play it just sounded better. My favourite track is No Good (Start the Dance). How many nights did I spend on the dance floor in the Union sweating like a pig to that track?. I do like modern dance music but there's nothing like the power and agression of the...
Published on 13 Feb 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars the prodigy:music for the jilted generation
i bought this in the hope that it would fulfill my desire to include it in my top 100 albums to have. I think i need to listen to it several times before i make a judgement since it wasn't quite what i expected it to be. At first hearing it sounded a bit dated and harsh sounding....but i reserve judgement.
Published 22 months ago by Nala Scoorb

5.0 out of 5 stars Such Happy Memories, 17 Dec 2000
By A Customer
The first time I was ever properly coming up jsut so happened to be in the Phoenix in Manchester one Saturday night. And as it started a TUNE from Jilted came on. I couldn't tell if it was the pill or the music but it was AMAZING.
So when I listen to the album I do get that association, but that does not belittle tha labum at all - it just mean that for me it is mind blowing.
Some of my mates think it is too heavy - not rocky like Fat of the Land, but very deep dancy. Claustrophobic Sting does it for me, but it is that electronicy sound in fast beats with great overlays that send you over the edge.
It's one of those albums that as you hear each tune it surprises by how bloody good it is! IT is definitely Prodigy at thiere best - though they always are. I find it more accessible than their last two albums, as I do with Experienced. Both of these are for different moods, as they both so innovatively virtually create different genres. But this is definitely an album to get excited with and if you are mad like me to chill out to as well.
PS - a geeky tip: if you've got winamp, then turn this album into mp3s and then get this plugin from winamp.com that lets you control the speed of the songs without making them sound like The Chipmunks. And obviously you speed it up. It is definitely a dangerous hobbie and it would be mental if they were EVER to play music like that in a club. But if you are Hardcore...

4.0 out of 5 stars great remaster But No Rythum of Life track on cd2, 15 Dec 2012
got the original cd of this with this remaster should of put more B-side tracks on CD-2.Not Remixes like with Experience Expanded they did B-side tracks from there singles.On CD2 I would of put 1.Roll n Rock.2.We Eat Rythum 3.Rythum of life thats on the One Love Cd single wicked B- track have a listen 4.Goa the heat part2 .5.Scienide.couple of remixes thats.would been alot to hear those other tracks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern dance music's guideline., 19 May 2002
By A Customer
If there is any one influential album on dance music, it's Orbital debut self titled album "The Green Album" (as it is often dubbed). If there is two, it's this. Liam Howlett brought underground techno to us in the form of "Experience", and pretty much does the same with Jilted Generation. The collaberation with Pop Will Eat itself adds a great Breakbeat track- anyone hearing this in a club will know this one goes down a treat. Prodigy's direction has sadly faltered through this track though- the punk influence certainly rubbed off into 1996's thoughly poor "Firestarter".
Just getting into techno? This one is for you, twinned with either The Grid's "Evolver" or Orbital's Green album.

3.0 out of 5 stars music for the jilted generation, 29 Mar 2009
M. J. Watts - See all my reviews
it was`t what i expected , a bit too dancy for my liking ,but if u like dance then great

4.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, but bloody long!, 5 May 2009
I bought this album after Invaders Must Die and the two albums I've got demonstrate the depth of the prodigy. It has pretty much a perfect combination of rock and dance in Their Law and Voodoo People. While the likes of 3 Kilos give you a break from hardcore D and B. The songs are break and enter (shame that it is 8:30 mins long!), Their Law, Voodoo People and Chlostraphobic Sting.
The second disc includes mainly live stuff and remixes. It has a good live version of Voodoo People and Break and Enter live edit. Also includes an very rude version of Their Law.
If you buy this album you must know that Disc 1 is 78mins long and Disc 2 is something like 59mins long. Too long in my opinion!