1 Review

1.0 out of 5 stars The audio quality of this track is awful, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Red Alert (Jaxx Radio Mix) (MP3 Download)
The audio quality of this track is awful. There's far to much compression on this track which leads to low end distortion. It sounds crap, whatever type of medium you play it on. I already have this on vinyl and only bought on account of the perceived convenience. It sounds great on vinyl (which is a poor mastering medium). You expect a certain level of quality when purchasing songs from a 'reputable' distributor. This is not the first track that I have purchased from Amazon that is of poor quality. I don't know if its a post-mastering or audio compression algorithm issue. It makes me wonder of the quality control policies that are in place with respect to authorising these audio tracks prior to their release (on Amazon). The worse thing about it is that the audio that is streamed for preview is not the same as the audio that is offered for download. When I previewed the track all sounded ok. Very disappointed.

I know that there are audiophiles out there that complain about MP3 etc. I can hear differences in audio quality across the different medium (vnyil, cassette!, CD, MP3, FLAC etc.) I don't care though, as long as the song is of a certain quality level. 192kbps 44,100 Stereo MP3s are just about acceptable, PROVIDING that they've been mastered and converted to an acceptable standard.

Red Alert (Jaxx Radio Mix)
Buy MP3 Song0.99